Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: 50% off single award stay promo for Platinum members (50PRG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: 50% off single award stay promo for Platinum members (50PRG)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2008, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I wonder what the odds are of being able to switch a Cat 5 5-night C&P reservation over to points for a property that's sold out. Step 1, do the math, then a phone call....
Old Feb 4, 2008, 4:44 pm

My faith in SPG has been renewed!!! I qualified for the promo as a newly minted Plat through double stays.

Last edited by thor17; Feb 4, 2008 at 8:26 pm
Old Feb 4, 2008, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mashav
I am a Plat 'lite' through double stays and I was eligible.

^^^
If this is the case maybe it'll save a few folks some legal fees.

Thanks for the heads up yyzprincess and thanks to William for putting up with all of the drama associated with this promo.^

Also, big ^^ for putting this out BEFORE category changes. Classy.

Last edited by fireworksboy; Feb 4, 2008 at 5:11 pm
Old Feb 4, 2008, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Almost the same experience here - called and changed an existing reservation, except mine was changed without cancellation and rebooking.
A couple data points -

It was a Cat 5 property and

^^^
Old Feb 4, 2008, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb

^^^
My fingers are crossed until I get the official mailer. Wondering if others [double stay re-requalifiers] chime in.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 5:49 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by W2B Globetrotter
My fingers are crossed until I get the official mailer. Wondering if others [double stay re-requalifiers] chime in.
My advice to you (if this is really eating at you) is to simply give the Plat line a quick call to confirm that you're eligible. You'll have your answer in less than 30 seconds. Last year, I did finally get the mailer; however, it arrived almost a month after I learned about it here on FT. If you wait for the paper mailer version, you may be waiting a little while.....
Old Feb 4, 2008, 5:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by sbtinme
If you wait for the paper mailer version, you may be waiting a little while.....
And possibly waiting until after some category changes have kicked in too.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
this is great for me as in June im doing a RTW trip and plan on shedding hundred of thousands of *points. Unfortunately most of the properties im using are high category (BOB,MLE for example). That said its great to save some points while using them^
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
The stay window runs February 1st through May 31st, 2008, however.
Originally Posted by psyflyer
this is great for me as in June im doing a RTW trip and plan on shedding hundred of thousands of *points.
If you're traveling in June it doesn't appear that this promo will help you save points.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
If you're traveling in June it doesn't appear that this promo will help you save points.
This is exactly my situation. Nevertheless, I definitively appreciate the gift.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:54 pm
Suspended

what can I say, after the outcome of the other thread and Plat Lites, I figured Im not Special any longer to SPG

So I called the Plat Desk and when asked how they can help me I asked, can you please tell me if Im "Special" to SPG or if Im "Not Special'. Well she checked and answered me , I thanked her for her time, and told her although I may not be Special to SPG, SPG is still Special in my book.

She said 'Excuse Mr Craz,I didnt say You are Not Special, I said You are Special'. SPG gave Me the 50PRG^. She also said it seems every member is calling today with the same question.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:01 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Yay- Just called and I'm in.

While I usually save my award stays for International properties-- this might
inspire me to use one closer to home.

Thanks to Starwood and thanks to FT for giving me the heads up.

ETA-- Also, big DOUBLE THUMBS UP for putting this out BEFORE category changes. Classy.
What he said !
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by craz

She said 'Excuse Mr Craz,I didnt say You are Not Special, I said You are Special'. SPG gave Me the 50PRG^. She also said it seems every member is calling today with the same question.
Congrats craz - good to know that the 'Plat Lites' are not Plat Lites after all. ^

As a reference point, as someone who paid 50 nights last year, but was a first time Platinum member (i.e. no requalification for me) I was told that I didn't qualify for it. No great shakes as I can't really use it anyway as my redemptions are all in July, but it'll be interesting to see if other newly qualified Plats didn't get it either.

I know the last potential criteria was only re-qualifiers who hadn't earned via the double stay promo. Obviously the second part of that was removed, but it looks like the first part is still in place. None the less, good news for many and hopefully plenty of people can benefit from this.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:15 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Aeroplan SE100K
didn't get it....not sure why

Originally Posted by RAPC
I know the last potential criteria was only re-qualifiers who hadn't earned via the double stay promo. Obviously the second part of that was removed, but it looks like the first part is still in place. None the less, good news for many and hopefully plenty of people can benefit from this.
I might be the first re-qualifying plat that didn't get the promotion posted
Just called in to check and they didn't see the 50PRG tagged to my account. Strange though because I was platinum last year with 150+ nights, and then re-qualified this year through stays. Total of 28 stays with 1 of those being from a double stays promo (wasn't sure if I was going to get the extra stays at the end of the year). So I actually had 27 REAL stays for the calendar year. I assume this should qualify me for full Platinum status???

I'm hoping this is some sort of mistake or lag time in posting the promo to all accounts. Another weird thing is that when I called in, the system showed I was platinum but only had 7 stays in the previous year

Platinum concierge is looking into this now so hopefully I'll get an answer soon
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:59 pm
sjm

Programs: AC Super elite, Spg Plat
Me neither....I requalified the hard way, night by night. The agent spoke to said she knew nothing about it and it is definetely NOT noted on my account. :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.