Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

BUG Reports thread re: spg.com launched 07.21.07

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BUG Reports thread re: spg.com launched 07.21.07

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2007, 6:38 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I can see my stays but when I click on "Details" or "Change" i get tossed to "Find a stay". I enter the confirmation number and can get the stay to show but clicking on the above and back to "Find a Stay".
Old Jul 27, 2007, 7:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Attempting to book a 3 night stay in the Sheraton Algarve, check in 1 Sep.
1 room, 1 adult, no preferences, no special rate plan.

Lowest rate displayed = Eur230
Change to 2 adults, then Update Room List. Lowest rate = Eur230
Change to 3 adults, then Update Room List. Lowest rate = Eur260
Change back to 2 adults, then Update Room List. Lowest rate = Eur380
Change back to 1 adult, then Update Room List. Lowest rate = Eur260

I have no confidence, whatsoever, that the booking engine on the new spg.com has been properly tested, is bug-free and will always find the best rate.

Edit to add :
Same transaction on www.starwoodhotels.com works properly, giving Eur 230/260/380/260/230.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jul 27, 2007 at 10:52 am
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:49 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
I was attempting to book a Cash & Points reservation at the The Westin Taipei for July 28-29, 2 people and I got.
Sorry, this option is not available for selected dates.
I called the Platinum desk and no problem to book it.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 8:34 pm

This more annoying than anything...

Can we get a couple of spaces between the the member level and point balance on the welcome screen?

Here's an example of what it looks like now:

Platinum Preferred GuestXXXXXXX Points
Old Jul 28, 2007, 3:33 am

follow the "Save 35%" link from the homepage to the "Save 35% booking page"

City, state and country fields are all blank. You can't book.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: AC-SE ; Starwood Platinum
Error when trying to book reward stay

FF 2.0.0.5 running on XP SP2

Logged in, selected hotel, can see room rates, clicked "redeem starpoints for free nights" showing 10,000 per night, clicked "Book Now", then...

'[ServletException in:/preferredguest/booking/points/rates.jsp] null'

...which was nice.

The hotel was Whistler Westin Resort & Spa
Booking dates used were 25-27 Jan ; also tried 1-3 Feb same result

Last edited by allenwales; Jul 28, 2007 at 9:30 am
Old Jul 28, 2007, 8:47 pm

Check your stays. My stay history lost a hotel.

Prior to the new & improved SPG.com, I had 1 more stay listed this year than is now shown.

Scrolling page by page it appears that one hotel stay has been dropped, but the Plat bonus for some odd reason shows.

Last edited by Globehopper; Jul 28, 2007 at 8:59 pm
Old Jul 28, 2007, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Past stays appears to work, but upcoming stays shows nothing. If I put in my name and SPG number it pulls up 3 reservations. I'm logged in so it should show these without further user entry.

When I do pull up the reservation list, 2 of the 3 are in the past. I wonder what would happen if I try canceling one of them? OK, I tried. It takes me back to the "Find a Stay" page.

Account Summary area says:
"Platinum Preferred Guest
, Starwood Preferred Guest®
Credit Card Member"

Starting a line of text with a comma seems quite odd. And I don't have any SPG credit card any longer.

I have the same "Platinum Preferred Guest222158 Points" in the heading, with the text squashed together.

I don't remember whether I enjoyed my "stay at NORTHEAST Q2Q3 1000 PTS (NES)". I would expect postings for promos would have wording other then "your stay at..."

My "latest" Stay Credit list includes only this bonus item, posted today. I guess points from 3 days ago, all available in "See All Activity", aren't considered recent enough to be "latestl". I would think my latest points, as far back as it takes to fill the screen space, would look better than a big blank area, especially with 23 line items in the last month.

When scrolling through activity, all I get it the star/end of the current page ("1-16", 17-32"), not "page 1 of x" or any ability to jump to the beginning or end. I stopped clicking at line item 128 (oddly, only 10 months ago), so I have no idea how much data is there.

"My Favorite" hotels seem to have disappeared from my profile (I think I had some stored), but I see no way to chose them from the main page anyway.

Front page says "Last Award 1000 on 7.28.07" - using the term "award" when it was points earned is very confusing, especially with no context or data other than the number and the date.

Not a bug, but the useful portion of the home page takes up about 9% of my available screen real estate, with the best being purplish backgrounds. It looks like no monitor wider than 1200 pixels was contemplated as even the shadings and patterns that do exist disappear two thirds of the way across and the right third of my screen is a solid mass of purple.

I thought there has been a "feedback" object (black on dark purple, very hard to see) that gave be an error message all week, but it's gone now.

As a former software QA engineer, and someone who just went through a large UI design, this effort is very disappointing, in both design and execution.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
An internet-only rate stay I had made for 6 Sep at the Sheraton Tahiti mysteriously migrated to 6 Dec!!

Also, the cancelled reservations showing up in random order is annoying. Should go to the bottom as before, or as previously suggested, to their own separate tab.

I call Plat Concierge now, instead of dealing with this mess.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 1:01 am
Suspended

Using SPG.com is giving me a headache. Literary.
I am done. Booking elsewhere.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 8:46 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
The old site had the same issue, but I will list it here as well. In the "My Stays" window, both current and cancelled reservations are listed concurrently. For instance, I have an upcoming res for 8/16-20. This is a change from a res that I cancelled for 8/17-20. The 8/16 res is listed first, and the cancelled 8/17 res is right after it. The cancelled reservations should at least be segregated from the current res list (i.e. all the cancelled reservations grouped together at the bottom of the list) or not appear at all.

Just my 2 cents...
Old Jul 29, 2007, 9:15 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by CPRich
As a former software QA engineer, and someone who just went through a large UI design, this effort is very disappointing, in both design and execution.
I have to agree. As someone with many years of Web usability in my background this site just kills me. It smacks of so many mistakes as if the people given the job were flash developers rather than web developers.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
When searching in a city with more than one property it needs a "back to search results" button. Duh, we like to compare fares of the different properties. SPG 1.0 had that button, but of course it didn't work.

Still an odd lack of space between my name and number of points.

Still getting German promo under mySPG box

Still have to re-login multiple times just to look at things like a reservation.

Still missing a 4th reservation (called Plat desk and they say it's there)

Still says "for your stay at" in front of ANY point activity, not just stays.

Calendar pop-up sometimes has 2008 dates, sometimes its correct.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 6:14 am

I am greeted on the homepage by "Welcome Oxon".

Change the language to Francais or Espanol or Deutch and the greeting becomes "Welcome Mr Flyer"

Bizarre.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Quoting "Employee Hot Rate"

Trying to get room rates for Starwood hotels in the Montreal area, and the SET code keeps self populating with the employee discount number (which I am not entitled to). I am getting quoted $57 for Le Centre Sheraton, which should be $169! (Same thing happening for room rates in Toronto area.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.