FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   BUG Reports thread re: spg.com launched 07.21.07 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/716671-bug-reports-thread-re-spg-com-launched-07-21-07-a.html)

gfowler-ord-1k Jul 21, 2007 2:56 am

BUG Reports thread re: spg.com launched 07.21.07

The new site looks pretty but is buggy. Use this thread to report problems. Give as much info as possible to help the spg.com developers reproduce and resolve the problem. General comments should go in The NEW spg.com [launched 7/20/07] - (Master Thread)

Originally Posted by ldsant (Post 8500789)
Just a reminder - this thread is to report actual BUGS. Please remember to provide the information as follows:
  • What browser you were using
  • What OS are you using
  • What are the steps you were doing
  • Is this able to be replicated

<Moderator hat on here (ldsant)>

To tag onto this - this thread is ONLY for BUG Reporting. Code snippets, ideas, replication of the bug, screenshots, etc. should be included. This is NOT for generic comments re: the website.

Also, we are all aware that it is currently DOG SLOW ;) so there isn't any need to report that. Thanks!

itsaboutthejourney Jul 21, 2007 7:31 pm

NOTE:
Running Macintosh (OSX 10.4.08) with Safari Version 2.0.4 (419.3) and Firefox (work will be similar but with a firewall)

Issues/bugs:
  • Front page sign in box is missing a "go" or "sign in" button after you've entered your username & password.
  • Pages load sloooowly
  • I cannot access the "mySPG" panel (pressing Open hangs the browser)
  • It says I don't have reservations, but I have 2 coming soon.
  • Site requires me to re-login at multiple steps in my visit.
  • Search is missing a "back to search results" link/button when wanting to look at a different property from the same search.
  • Pop-up calendar gives me a 2009 calendar. Annoying to have to click back to 2007.
  • Some fields overlap, especially the promo under the mySPG box
  • Current promo under mySPG is in Spanish
  • My most recent stay is a credit, but it reads "for your stay at" in front of the credit.

Everyone posting here should get mega SPG points for doing the heavy testing that apparently the gurus neglected or failed to do. @:-)

gfowler-ord-1k Jul 21, 2007 7:41 pm

When I click on "Customer Support->Click to Call
We're sorry, we're currently not available to take your call.
Please try your call again later.
The "tour" says that this should be available 24/7.

aaac Jul 21, 2007 7:44 pm

My future reservations are not showing even though I can referenced them by entering the reservation confirmation codes.

ldsant Jul 21, 2007 7:47 pm

Running Windows XP; IE 6.02 with SP

Selected Offers
Selected Popular Destination
Selected Arizona
42 found
Three identical appear (#2, 3, 4) Signature Escapes - Multiple Hotels - same dates

I have a screenshot of this if needed

ldsant Jul 21, 2007 7:53 pm

Selected Special Offers
Selected View All Offers

#25 - has no information - The Wigwam. . .
#25 underneath it is for Shop to Renew at Le Cantera
#27 and #29 are the same exact offer - Six Flags at Westin La Cantera - same dates, same information
Didn't reduce the search - asked for All - no criteria

I have a screenshot of this if needed btw.

Also, the Feedback [+] button is very small in the right hand corner - black on dark blue - difficult to read and find (wait - is that a FEATURE?! :D)

Selected from the drop-down Quick Links - selected My Offers - provided generic offers - why wouldn't this request a "sign-in" or a pop-up of "if you are a spg member, please sign in to receive your tailored offers. . ." Good opportunity to make the customer feel "wanted" and ability to personalize here. Also good opportunity to say "If you are not a spg member, please join us (and redirect to the sign up page).

chrisny2 Jul 21, 2007 8:32 pm

Missing Stay Form:
"If your hotel does not appear, please FAX your Hotel Folio (final bill) to 1-800-555-1212. PLEASE BE SURE TO WRITE YOUR MEMBER NUMBER ON YOUR FOLIO."

1-800-555-1212 is toll-free directory assistance, not SPG.

TravelingGnome Jul 21, 2007 8:43 pm

No C&P Availability

Pick any hotel that wasn't on the C&P list and it shows no C&P availability....ever. We used to have the hack that one of the members pointed out that worked by changing the property number. Don't think that would work anymore. If the rate is supposed to be loaded at all properties, all properties shouldn't show no C&P availability.

All other bugs I've noticed, so far, have already been posted.

SportsTech Jul 21, 2007 9:46 pm

Bugs & Features I see on the site

XP Pro on a Thinkpad X41, 1024x768 screen resolution

Both Firefox and IE:
SPG Home page, the "Offers" tab/Find button doesn't work even if a date pair is entered unless user also selects a region/state/country. It's supposed to allow user to simply select "Popular Destinations".

Firefox 2.x specific:
On the "Promo Offers" Page, the first 25 items show up in a nice (albeit horribly space-inefficient) layout, but the rest of the offers are pushed to the right by an ad with an incorrect origin point. Here's the URL:

IE7:
SPG home page, lower left, click "Member sign in"; the "Sign In" button is largely obscured.

==============
More to come, certainly :)

gfowler-ord-1k Jul 21, 2007 10:57 pm

"My Recent Activity" shows only one page of activity. Scrolling past to second page (activities 17 - 31) repeats the same info.
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...html?bcount=16

Voyageur Jul 21, 2007 11:20 pm

I'm using Windows Mobile 5 at 640x480 dpi resolution on a handheld device connected using WiFi with a high speed link.

Layout is poor and navigation using pull down (e.g. Quick Links, Learn) is not functional. Some items seem to be missing

As more users are getting connected with smaller mobile devices I am surprised that a revamped site is not adapted to such.

sc flier Jul 21, 2007 11:23 pm

1. Balloon Help for My SPG says, "Select up to five additional interests you'd like to see in updates for right when you sign in." In addition to this being an awkward sentence, "five" doesn't add up for what I think it means about "interests." There are 3 static items in the My SPG portlet. There is a maximum of 9 items that can be added. 9 - 3 = 6. Currently, there are only a total of 7 available items for this area -- including the 3 static ones.

2. Upon searching for available hotels in a location, a "Map Results" link is available. The numbered placemarks on this map do not necessarily correspond to the numbered hotels in the listing. (I experienced this while searching for a hotel in Atlanta, Georgia.) Very confusing and potentially misleading.

3. Unrelated to the new software, but sort of a bug nonetheless:
Upon searching for availability in Atlanta, the Sheraton Midtown Atlanta Hotel at Colony Square says, "Sorry, this option is not available for selected dates." The W Atlanta Midtown says, "This hotel is not currently accepting reservations." In actuality, the Sheraton Midtown is also not currently accepting reservations for any dates. It closed on July 8 in order to begin the W transformation.

sbrower Jul 22, 2007 12:40 am

XP & IE 7

1. Before sign in, but after it already says "Hello Steven" (so it knows who I am) it displays ad in foreign language "Sommer in Spanien".

2. Moments is a "locked" website. So if you follow the ad to check it out, the back button won't take you back to SPG.com. You need to reselect spg.com.

3. When I do a hotel search it still superimposes some graphics from the search page over the hotel descriptions "Find Now, Search Options, My Recent" and more.

4. If you try to look at reservation details, where it is blocked because of an upgrade, it takes you to the "Find a Reservation" screen. Obviously, I would like them to fix the bug so that you can still see your reservation. But if that isn't possible it should have an error message saying "We can't display the details of this particular reservation. For further information call xxxxxxx"

5. There should be a space between "Platinum Preferred Guest" and the number of points I have earned.

6. I can't figure out how to see what packages and promotions are available at each hotel. I didn't say "which ones the hotel is advertising which might or might not be available." I said "available" like the old system. I am not discussing non-public ones, I mean like "Bed and breakfast" or "Theatre Package" or something like that.

Rambuster Jul 22, 2007 4:52 am

Originally Posted by sbrower (Post 8097664)
1. Before sign in, but after it already says "Hello Steven" (so it knows who I am) it displays ad in foreign language "Sommer in Spanien".

That's German and it means "Summer in Spain" :)

rewindrw Jul 22, 2007 5:19 am

SET Code of Zero preset?

When I try to looks at AAA rates, I get the dreaded message that tells you you cannot use an SET rate and a special rate together, and a "0" appears as the SET rate.

This happens in firefox and IE on my IBM Thinkpad T60 running XP sp2.