Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

The NEW spg.com (launched 7/20/07) - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW spg.com (launched 7/20/07) - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2007, 9:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
A brief tour round the new site this morning revealed many errors, too many to list, most of which should have been picked up in any half-decent beta-testing. It's nowhere near launch-quality yet.

Now the site has gone down completely. Oh dear.

Edit to add : 5 minutes later, it responded. Not dead completely, just dying.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jul 21, 2007 at 9:55 am
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1P, F9 Ascent, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
New site is a disaster

Holy crap! What a dog. I can't beleive they rolled this out the way is is. Totally clunck. Crashes. I ran one search for a property 5 minutes ago and it's still "Loading the property".
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
I have a 19" screen and the page doesn't fit on it...i have to scroll side to side which drives me crazy. Are others having this problem, or is it something with my resolution?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:32 am

Lost in Transition

I got lost many times on this new SPG thing..
very diificult to navigate and most cash & points are just N/A
so I give up and urge everyone to call SPG to book instead..!
And most hotel room rates seem to be more expensive than those on the old SPG..

Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I've played around with a number of search options for an hour or so. The list of issues I have are too long to list here but the ones that irritate me the most are:

1. It won't search for multiple rates on the same search. In other words I can't search for AAA rates for example in Chicago for a certain date. I have to do it one hotel at a time. This is something other chains mastered years ago.

2. When I do search for AAA rates at a specific hotel, I get an error stating that I can't search for a AAA rate at the same time as I have a SET code set - please delete one or the other. But I didn't put a SET code in. Oh, I see. The programmers set a SET code of "0" just for me. Why thank you so much. Now I have to remove this 0 for every GOV or AAA search.

3. Is there a reason that the "Promotions" rate has been deleted from the search field? I at least used to be able to search for regular rates, then AAA rates, then promotional rates one after the other. No more. Now it seems as though I need to go to the individual hotel's webpage and look for offers. This sucks.

4. I have NO CONFIDENCE that any search I made today resulted in the best rate for my search criteria. At one point looking for the most basic CASH search of Chicago, I got results telling me that there were no hotels in Chicago meeting my search criteria. Funny thing is that I looked last night and there were plenty. I also looked again ten minutes later and there were plenty. There is NO WAY that I'll be booking anything on spg.com until things are fixed.

SPG, if your intention was to increase your phone traffic, please consider things a success.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:08 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you know you could fax your Starwood folios to the toll-free directory assistance number?:
http://xs217.xs.to/xs217/07296/Starwood2007.gif

Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
As I mentioned in another thread, the phone number at the top of the page (++800-325-75757) is wrong. I'm in France so I assume that SPG.com can recognize that and is offering me a special version of the webpage. What number do you guys in the US see?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
As I mentioned in another thread, the phone number at the top of the page (++800-325-75757) is wrong. I'm in France so I assume that SPG.com can recognize that and is offering me a special version of the webpage. What number do you guys in the US see?
The number works just fine from Germany. It connects to the German SPG desk - which seems to be closed right now.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:27 am
LGJ

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, and Starwood Gold
When I go to the page I get 888-625-4988, then when I signed in I got the Gold number.

Last edited by LGJ; Jul 21, 2007 at 11:38 am
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster
The number works just fine from Germany. It connects to the German SPG desk - which seems to be closed right now.
In France I get an error message that says this number is not in use. There is another +800 number that is on the back of my Plat card that works fine here.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LGJ
When I go to the page I get 888-625-4988, then when I signed in I got the Gold number, 888-XXX-XXXX.
LGJ, you should edit out the Gold number per Flyertalk rules.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:35 am

I wouldn't even know where to begin, other than to say, quite a bit of work needs to be done on the site. Wow!!!
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:40 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
When I check "My Stays" for my upcoming reservations it says
You currently don’t have any reservations with us.
or
No stays linked to this account were found.
If that is the old problem that shows up some weekends you would have thought they would have fixed that. At least change the error message to something reasonable.

Like others have reported there are so many problem. I will follow up with some exact ways to reproduce them.

I really think Starwood should consider backing out the new site. What a disaster.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:43 am
LGJ

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, and Starwood Gold
LGJ, you should edit out the Gold number per Flyertalk rules.
Removed. It was only listed because it is no secret, Starwood has both the Gold and Platinum numbers posted on their website. Yet another problem that needs to be corrected.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:00 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I wonder if the new 14 day cancellation policy that is now showing for point award bookings is a glitch related to the new launch or an unannounced change that was slipped in with this "upgrade":

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716712

Sure wish I could view my existing reservations...in particular point reward ones to see if the 14 day cancellation was retroactively applied to existing reservations. But according to SPG website, I have no future reservations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.