Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Bonus Points/Offers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2007, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by superj
is there an annual bonus of points with this card when you pay your annual fee each year?
As a starwood amex customer for many many years, the answer would have to be "No".
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:00 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by superj
is there an annual bonus of points with this card when you pay your annual fee each year?
No, just the initial bonus...but they usually make some targeted offers to select accounts throughout the year. What you get an annual renewal is an SPG50 certificate.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 30, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: United 1P
I applied to a SPG card 3 weeks ago. I called to add the 15,000 points for $15,000 promotion to this new card. A CSR told me that the promotion is already in my account although I did not see it when I applied for the card.

My suggestion is to call to verify whether you are qualified for this extra 15,000 points if you recently applied for a Amex SPG card. Good luck!
Old Jul 7, 2007, 9:18 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
OK...the 25,000 point offer hooked me. Amex website says I'm approved, so I am now an official mile and point junkie.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
I just got my Starwood AMEX card 2 billing cycles ago and received only the 10,000 Starwood Points offer. I just called customer service and was told that I could not get the additional 15,000 points because it was a different promotion.

When I stressed I had just received my card recently, I was put on hold for a while and then the guy came back and said I would be receiving 3,000 points as a courtesy. Better than nothing.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 8:46 pm

does SPG run these AmEx sign-up bonuses often? do they run bonuses tied to spending (which are not hotel stays) often? i ask because i currently have a regular AmEx MR card and the new changes are i want to get rid of MR but want to maintain an AmEx credit card because it was my first credit card.

i don't travel that much because of budgetary constraints but i want to be able to travel more (rarely if ever will travel for work).

i thought about getting a HH AmEx would be the way to go since it earns 5 HH points/$1 on everyday purchases that consitute the bulk of my credit card spending. but i'm hesitant to start a relationship with HH after the announcement of the Blackstone offer. i already have a relationship with SPG but without more stays or stays at properties w/ hefty bonuses, it'll take me forever to accumulate points based on my credit card spending.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jmsfla2002
does SPG run these AmEx sign-up bonuses often? do they run bonuses tied to spending (which are not hotel stays) often? i ask because i currently have a regular AmEx MR card and the new changes are i want to get rid of MR but want to maintain an AmEx credit card because it was my first credit card.

i don't travel that much because of budgetary constraints but i want to be able to travel more (rarely if ever will travel for work).

i thought about getting a HH AmEx would be the way to go since it earns 5 HH points/$1 on everyday purchases that consitute the bulk of my credit card spending. but i'm hesitant to start a relationship with HH after the announcement of the Blackstone offer. i already have a relationship with SPG but without more stays or stays at properties w/ hefty bonuses, it'll take me forever to accumulate points based on my credit card spending.
There is a sing up bonus all the time. But, the bonus can be as low as 6,000 points and that's it. The current promotion is about as good as it has ever been. You can sign up for a new SPG AMEX card and get the 10,000 points bonus, plus the potential of another 15,000 points IF you spend $15,000 over the next year.

You can keep your AMEX MR card. It might be a good idea since old cards do not impact credit ratings. You can have as many different AMEX acards as you want. I have a corporate AMEX, SPG AMEX and HH AMEX. I keep the HH AMEX because there is no annual fee, but I use my SPG AMEX exclusively where AMEX is accepted. Recent changes to HH program is not considered to be bad for Diamond members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.