Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about status at SPG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about status at SPG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2007, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
If you call the toll-free Platinum line at the Customer Contact Center nearest you, that is about as Platinum Concierge as it gets.

In Australia, the number is 1-800-450-020.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

When the line is answered in Singapore ask for Nala (supervisor) she is fantastic.
Helped me sort out a booking where I was staying in Singapore for a week with my family (2 rooms) but I needed to stay one of those nights ( in the middle of the stay) by myself on business in KL.
Other staff wanted me to check out or have my family "downgraded" for the night ...in the end the translation of what I wanted got thru.

And yes I got credit for both nights in seperate countries

Last edited by aussiechris; Oct 23, 2007 at 6:10 pm
Old Nov 3, 2007, 8:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Q: Where can I find Starwood Preferred Guest Terms and Conditions?
A: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...spg_terms.html

FYI: Link to Starwoods Frequently Asked Questions
A: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...faq/index.html

People seem to have a hard time finding the Terms and Conditions and I thought I would list Starwood FAQs while at it.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
1. Do elites receive benefits (upgrades, amenity) on points/award stays?
-Yes, elites receive the exact same benefits on an award stays vs. paid stays.

2. Are elites eligible to receive benefits if booked via any third party websites (priceline, travelocity, expedia)?
-The following items are not eligible:.[*](f) complimentary rooms (including, but not limited to, any Free Night Awards earned through the Program or otherwise).
Please explain.

Also: there are benefits when staying at convention-negotiated rates (members make their own reservations and payments, the convention just negotiated the rate).
Old Nov 15, 2007, 11:41 am

I booked a room for 7 nights for next year using credit card. I have enough point for upgrade (1000 points). Does the 1000 point upgrade apply to all 7 nights? I wanted to do the point upgrade now, but the reservationist told me I could only do it 5 days before check in. Does anyone have experience with this?
Old Nov 15, 2007, 12:38 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by snickers
I booked a room for 7 nights for next year using credit card. I have enough point for upgrade (1000 points). Does the 1000 point upgrade apply to all 7 nights? I wanted to do the point upgrade now, but the reservationist told me I could only do it 5 days before check in. Does anyone have experience with this?
If you are attempting to upgrade a paid reservation using Starpoints, you will have to wait until five days before check-in...and it would only be possible if you are paying RACK, COR, BAR or SET as the rate plan. The 1,000 Starpoints reflects the cost of one night being upgraded at a Category 1 - 4 property to a Specialty Room.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Nov 16, 2007 at 10:00 am Reason: add BAR to eligible rate plans...
Old Nov 15, 2007, 12:50 pm

If you are attempting to upgrade a paid reservation using Starpoints, you will have to wait until five days before check-in...and it would only be possible if you are paying RACK, COR, or SET as the rate plan. The 1,000 Starpoints reflects the cost of one night being upgraded at a Category 1 - 4 property to a Specialty Room.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
The rate I am paying is with a AAA discount. Is that considered RACK, COR, or SET (I'm not sure what those abbreviations stand for)? Would I be able to apply the 1000 point upgrade for 1 night on standard room rate and then pay for the price of upgraded room rate for the remaining nights (in other words have a mixed reservation-basic room and upgraded room on same ressie)?
Old Nov 15, 2007, 12:51 pm

The rate I am paying is with a AAA discount. Is that considered RACK, COR, or SET (I'm not sure what those abbreviations stand for)? Would I be able to apply the 1000 point upgrade for 1 night on standard room rate and then pay for the price of upgraded room rate for the remaining nights (in other words have a mixed reservation-basic room and upgraded room on same ressie)?
No, your rate isn't going to qualify, so the rest is immaterial.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:52 am

If you are attempting to upgrade a paid reservation using Starpoints, you will have to wait until five days before check-in...and it would only be possible if you are paying RACK, COR, or SET as the rate plan. The 1,000 Starpoints reflects the cost of one night being upgraded at a Category 1 - 4 property to a Specialty Room.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
So BAR rates (best available rates) do not count anymore???
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by hmuehler
So BAR rates (best available rates) do not count anymore???
No, BAR rates also should have been included, which I will add now.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Nov 16, 2007, 10:09 am

I recently called to transfer points from my husband's account (different last name) to my account. Rep didn't ask to speak to my husband or any other questions, and the transfer was immediate.

What did customer service say when you called them to initiate an Internal Transfer?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Nov 19, 2007, 8:19 am

Quote:

No, your rate isn't going to qualify, so the rest is immaterial.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
What if I used 11,000 points for the first night upgraded room, and then paid for remaining nights at BAR rate; could I then upgrade the remaining nights with points? Would that have to be done at 5 days before checkin?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:27 am

Quote:

What if I used 11,000 points for the first night upgraded room, and then paid for remaining nights at BAR rate; could I then upgrade the remaining nights with points? Would that have to be done at 5 days before checkin?
Maybe, and that is a big maybe because of the five-day before check-in requirement. Who knows if the same room type will still be around at that time? Nevertheless, the award room will have to be booked separately from the paid portion.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:19 pm

Maybe, and that is a big maybe because of the five-day before check-in requirement. Who knows if the same room type will still be around at that time? Nevertheless, the award room will have to be booked separately from the paid portion.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Does that mean that there would be 2 separate reservation numbers? Would they be linked so that it would be the same room for the whole stay?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 12:27 pm

Does that mean that there would be 2 separate reservation numbers? Would they be linked so that it would be the same room for the whole stay?
There would be two separate reservation numbers. There is no telling if you will be staying in the same room or not. The upgrade award room means you will get an upgraded room type for the first night, but if you book a standard room at BAR and then place your hopes on the same room type as the upgraded room for the last three nights and that room type is not available 5 days prior to check-in, then it seems intuitive that you would not be in the same room type for the whole stay, regardless of whether they are linked or not.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Nov 19, 2007, 1:07 pm

Can you combine starwood points from 2 members? I was wondering if my husband could apply for the credit card deal where you get 10,000 free points, and then I would be able to combine those points with the points on my account for a stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.