Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Calgary, week of January 22

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2007, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Gold, millions of points scattered across thousands of other programs...
OT: Calgary, week of January 22

What is going on in Calgary this week? I need to go down for one night, and the SPG properties are nearly booked. Our office is near the airport, the Cavalier is booked.

The only thing open are the 4p and the Sheraton Suites. Even calling the SPG Gold number couldn't find an opening.

So, what convention is in Calgary this week, hmm?
Old Jan 21, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
It's just boomtime in Calgary

I'm not surprised you couldn't get anything - this happened to me numerous times in November and December.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 10:08 am

Wednesday nights are particularly bad, almost always sold out at the Sheaton/Westin downtown. You have to book early in Calgary now.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 9:26 pm

Programs: SPG
If you only needed for one night, you still can booke Monday Or Thursday.

Originally Posted by ommoran
What is going on in Calgary this week? I need to go down for one night, and the SPG properties are nearly booked. Our office is near the airport, the Cavalier is booked.

The only thing open are the 4p and the Sheraton Suites. Even calling the SPG Gold number couldn't find an opening.

So, what convention is in Calgary this week, hmm?
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC Gold
If you're plat, go for the Sheraton Suites Eau Claire... They are probably the best Sheraton i've ever stayed at, and they treat their plat guests very well... I was there last week, got upgrade to corner suite, jacuzzi, free movie in addition to the 500 plat points, they have a very nice hot breakfast on the 15th floor, all in all, a nice place to be... There were ranked as #1 in customer satisfaction worldwide by sheraton in 2005 i believe (or so says their marketing stuff), and nonetheless, i think they deserve it. Such a refreshing change from the way I am treating in NY, i guess in big cities being a young plat does not carry equal weight to having grey hair... Oh well...
Old Jan 22, 2007, 7:11 pm

I have the same problem when I go to YEG. This whole boom thing is AB is getting out of hand. I actually have to plan my schedule now

Good luck on getting a room this week. BTW, you do know how far a drive the 4-points would be to your company don't you
Old Jan 23, 2007, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Gold, millions of points scattered across thousands of other programs...
[QUOTE=cattle;7073027Good luck on getting a room this week. BTW, you do know how far a drive the 4-points would be to your company don't you [/QUOTE]

Thanks, actually I got one today at the Cavalier. Just had to cross my fingers and hope for a cancellation.

Yes, I do, but I have functions all over the city, so....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.