Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

(Left Marriott, Dec. 2018) Hotel Des Indes, The Hague, Netherlands, LC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wobbly wings
Hotel leaving Marriott
The hotel will leave Marriott on 10 December 2018.

Construction Detours

Due to construction, there are currently multiple street closures and detours obstructing direct access to the hotel. Please expect and plan for travel delays accordingly. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

(Left Marriott, Dec. 2018) Hotel Des Indes, The Hague, Netherlands, LC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PoochieLaGrande
Booked a stay here using Starwood Luxury Privileges that includes breakfast for 2, museum tickets, upgrade based on availability and $100 f&b voucher.

Has anyone stayed here and received upgrade using above programme?

I have booked St Regis using the same programme previously and was upgraded.
Of course - SPG Luxury Privileges is the top of the totem pole for upgrades...it's SPG's preferred partner program, akin to Four Seasons Preferred Partner, Mandarin Oriental Fan Club, Peninsula PenClub, Jumeirah Passport to Luxury, etc.

If the hotel has availability, you'd be upgraded with the utmost priority.

ps, PoochieLaGrande: why'd you book SPG LP over Virtuoso for your St. Regis stay?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Of course - SPG Luxury Privileges is the top of the totem pole for upgrades...it's SPG's preferred partner program, akin to Four Seasons Preferred Partner, Mandarin Oriental Fan Club, Peninsula PenClub, Jumeirah Passport to Luxury, etc.

If the hotel has availability, you'd be upgraded with the utmost priority.

ps, PoochieLaGrande: why'd you book SPG LP over Virtuoso for your St. Regis stay?
Thank you, pricesquire! I booked FS stay using the FSPP benefit too. And for SPG properties, I use SPG LP agent.

I didn't book via Virtuoso as my agent never responds to me.

She emailed me once when I first signed up and I guess she decided that I don't spend big enough to be given attention.

I emailed her a few times to inquire since our first initial contact, she never got back to me, very upsetting.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, American Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents Circle
I stayed at this property for 4 nights last year. I was upgraded to the second best room facing the front of the hotel. I also emailed the hotel in advance of my stay, which I have found to be a best practice if I really care about the room type I am given. I am SPG Platinum, so I was upgraded, but I am certain they gave me an even better room than the stock upgrade. I absolutely loved this property, the location and the staff was also terrific. There are so many nooks and crannies around this property with very nice bars, restaurants and shops. My travels have not taken me in this area this year, but this hotel is a must stay for me. Good luck with your stay!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: Free Agent
This hotel may vie with the Gritti Palace as my favorite SPG property! It’s a beautiful hotel within walking distance of almost everything. Then again, it’s a small town! Some hotels are all lobby, but not this. Having booked my reservation a few days prior to arrival, I was not upgraded and ended up with my booked Executive Room. I was not disappointed. The room is beautifully appointed, spacious, and clean. The bed is super comfortable, and the bathroom has a waterfall shower head. Toiletries are Elemis. WiFi speed was fast.

When I arrived in the morning, my room wasn’t ready yet, but the front desk walked me over to the restaurant (I had picked breakfast as my Platinum amenity) and had me eat while my room was being prepared. During my breakfast, they found me, handed me my room key, and informed me that my bags were already in my room. Now that’s service!

Breakfast is solid, and consists primarily of a hearty continental breakfast. Lots of meats, cheeses, and breads/pastries to choose from. Hot items consist of pancakes or waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans, and mushrooms and tomatoes. Emphasis is on quality rather than quantity. I had tea in the afternoon, and service was excellent. The tea setup came with an hourglass so you know how long to wait for the tea to steep.

The gym opens at 7am, but if you’re a Platinum, the front desk will have you sign a waiver and open the gym whenever you want. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Service was great as well. This property easily vaults to my top SPG properties, and I can’t wait to return!

BTW, stay away from Impero Romano behind the hotel. I was seated in a pretty empty restaurant and ignored for 20 minutes. I never even got a menu! A table nearby resorted to flagging down the waitress to get their plates removed. That was my cue to get up and leave.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
I spent a night here in mid September. I had a weekend to spend in Amsterdam before working on Monday so I spent a night here on Saturday and then a night at the Sheraton Schiphol on Sunday.

I actually only booked this hotel because it wasn't too expensive and the pictures looked great. Den Haag also seemed like a nice city. If it wasn't for this hotel, I would not have gone to Den Haag.

The hotel is very classic and beautiful. The front desk was great. It was not very crowded when I checked in on Saturday afternoon and although I was a couple of hours early, they had a room for me.

I believe that I just got a regular room. It was one floor up from the main floor and from that floor, there was a small and steep set of stairs to get up to my room specifically. I think there were only 2 rooms like mine (my room and the room next to me) that required that extra set of stairs but I didn't mind.

The room was fairly small but functional. The bathroom was nice and clean with a towel warmer. I didn't have a view but the window opened to let some air in, etc.

I walked to the hotel from the train station. It isn't far but with luggage, etc. it's not really close either. I would guess that it was a 15 minute or so walk.

Den Haag was nice but after an afternoon of walking around the city, going to the museum, etc. I found that after about 5 hours I was bored of the city so I got on the train and went to Leiden (which was awesome!)

I'm not sure if I will stay here again. I had no reason to go to Den Haag other than wanting to stay at this hotel so now that I've done that, I think I'm ok.

The TV had a channel playing the history of the hotel and that was nice.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Rock72
I had no reason to go to Den Haag other than wanting to stay at this hotel so now that I've done that, I think I'm ok.
Funny! That's why I'll be there next month (for 1 night as well).
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It seems equally convenient for AMS airport as central Amsterdam itself.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here for three nights over the New Year.

Paid 120 EUR for a single room, then my sister decided she wanted to come with me, so then I used SNA's to secure a suite. Probably would have gotten the suite either way, but didnt want to take the chance.

Same great hotel. Uberefficiency from the staff, everything prompt and correct.

Breakfast still delicious, served in the bar/cafe part this time, due to restaurant closure.

Bar/restaurant was closed on two out of our three nights, one night due to a private party, and the other night due to a New Year Eve party.

Housekeeping can be a little spotty, i.e. not emptying bins, or replacing amenities - one day it was Molton Brown, the next day Elemis, the third day Molton Brown, etc. But no big problem.

Still a great hotel - would definately stay here again if the price is right. If not I would stay at the Hilton for lounge access. The junior suites at the Indes arent real proper suites anyhow, just larger rooms.

BTW - got both breakfast and the 500 point amenity.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2MM SPG Plat
Mrs. LVF and I spent three nights here this month. Wonderful location near museums (without the Amsterdam crowds) and good restaurants. SNA honored so "over the top" room and breakfast were also provided.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Just booked a stay here for September and noted on the reservation that my flight arrives from the US at 8am. The hotel emailed me the following day to let me know that they could not guarantee an early check-in, which is not surprising. The surprising part was that they stated that if I check-in prior to 10am, I would be charged an additional 50 Euros.

I have no expectations for hotels to guarantee early check-in, but I have never seen a hotel charge extra if a room is available early.

Is this a hotel policy, SPG policy, or industry standard that I've just been fortunate to avoid in the past? Most flights from the US to Europe arrive early in the morning and I have never paid extra to check in to my hotels.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:31 pm
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by DutchRyan
Just booked a stay here for September and noted on the reservation that my flight arrives from the US at 8am. The hotel emailed me the following day to let me know that they could not guarantee an early check-in, which is not surprising. The surprising part was that they stated that if I check-in prior to 10am, I would be charged an additional 50 Euros.

I have no expectations for hotels to guarantee early check-in, but I have never seen a hotel charge extra if a room is available early.

Is this a hotel policy, SPG policy, or industry standard that I've just been fortunate to avoid in the past? Most flights from the US to Europe arrive early in the morning and I have never paid extra to check in to my hotels.
This must be a (relatively) new policy. I haven't stayed there for over a year now, unfortunately, but I used to be there a couple times of year, and not only was I never charged an early check-in fee, they almost always had a room ready for me before 9:00am. I was Gold and/or Platinum over the course of my stays at the property, so perhaps it's waived for elites?

Sad to hear this development...

CLG
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
On a previous stay about half a year ago, I arrived very early (it was still dark outside) and was given a room as soon as it was available. I was offered a glass of champagne as I waited in the small lab by area near the elevators. I'm pretty sure I was given my room key before 10 am and there was no mention of an early check in fee, although it wasn't my first stay at this property as a Plat50. Another day I noticed a couple sleeping on a sofa neat the elevators and assumed that they had arrived before their room was ready.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by CLG
This must be a (relatively) new policy. I haven't stayed there for over a year now, unfortunately, but I used to be there a couple times of year, and not only was I never charged an early check-in fee, they almost always had a room ready for me before 9:00am. I was Gold and/or Platinum over the course of my stays at the property, so perhaps it's waived for elites?

Sad to hear this development...

CLG
Can't speak to how this might unfold differently for a Platinum member, but I have been a long term Gold member and the fee definitely applies to me.

I'd be curious to know if any other SPG hotels are charging for unconfirmed early check-ins. Might make a separate stand alone post in the SPG forum.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA, BD, SPG, Hilton
Just completed a stay here on a LP rate, and honestly I was disappointed. I didn't think the property was all that nice (just old) and I was upgraded to a corner Deluxe room, which was an impractically large square with the TV in a corner and hard to watch. The desk was tiny and there was only 1 accessible power outlet, at the desk, so I couldn't even use the couch to watch TV and charge my laptop at the same time.

The worst part was the restaurant situation - the restaurant was closed and all meals are served out of the bar, which is basically just a cafe and taste/quality was average at best.

This property brought me to The Hague, but I wish I stayed in Rotterdam instead
Old May 31, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Cashed in an award night here, 16k SPG points. Location is great, probably the nicest hotel in town. They don’t have an executive lounge.

Booked king room, got upgraded to executive king.

Got free breakfast as a platinum, not bad as breakfast buffet is £31 / person. Also your SPG # will get you 10% off food, not alcohol. You’ll need it here, as their restaurant has fine dining. Dinner was excellent, but typical fine dining... the more you pay, the less food you get.

If you’re in Amsterdam and want to escape to the burbs, The Hague is an hr train ride and about $15 to get there. I’d go back.

Last edited by BarryL; Jun 2, 2018 at 10:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.