Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG Instant Awards
Print Wikipost

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by moondog
Still? Did they ever?
Yes, I remember they had rental phones with pre-installed info for directions, restaurants, attractions, etc and shared Mifi - you could take it from the room and the daily fee would be charged to your folio.

When I was there in May, I don't believe the devices were still there.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Yes, I remember they had rental phones with pre-installed info for directions, restaurants, attractions, etc and shared Mifi - you could take it from the room and the daily fee would be charged to your folio.

Got you. Loaner phones are common in Hk and Macau, but I rarely see them in mainland hotels, and this could be further complicated by the recent stepped up enforcement of real name matching.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by moondog
Still? Did they ever?
I was given a smartphone during my stay in January 2012. They told me it was still on trail.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen

Ok so no more there? So I better to get mifi then as hard to get prepaid Sim card there.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lingua101
Ok so no more there? So I better to get mifi then as hard to get prepaid Sim card there.
Some of the prepaid visitor SIMs in Singapore will allow foreign data roaming, or you can find a travel SIM from Singapore - the benefit is probably avoiding the government firewall while in China, aside from the hassle of trying to get the SIM from within China.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
They still have them for 60 CNY a day..
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
They still have them for 60 CNY a day..
If. No longer complimentary?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101
If. No longer complimentary?
They were never complimentary, and still subject to the government firewall. Not worth it if you can get a SIM from HK that bypasses the firewall for a fraction of the cost.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:48 am

Don't expecting too much as platinum : standard upgrade to junior suite on low floor (22), late checkout and lounge access. Anything in room.
When we see this jr. suite at 22 we go back to FD and ask about standard room on high floor and receive it at 57 floor with view to Peoples Square, I understand someone on TA if he write that air-condition is not working at room today was very sunny day and in our room was terrible warm. Air-condition don't have power to cool down temperature.
It looks a little dated inside, first two days we must looking which lifts are to which floor different to Ground, different to floors till 50 floor and different above 50 floor. About breakfast I have mixed opinion and I don't told that is WOW my west tounge told that but if you like Asian breakfast you have good choice of Japan, China, Korean breakfast.
Internet is very good I think thay give on wire connection at room symmetrical 50Mb/s, VOIP-gmail-gmail translate-facebook-IPTV works w/o VPN.

TV west channels they have only CNN Asia.

View from Jr.Suite 22 floor

View from standard room at 57 floor

Lounge view with new W hotel tower and Hyatt

Lounge opening times
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I had anther great stay at LRM last week.

I arrived before noon and my pre-assigned Imperial Suite n 61st floor was not ready, so Club agent selected another Imperial Suite on 59th floor.

This was my 8th stay, and 3rd stay in a row in an Imperial Suite, which is the corner 2-room suite with view of People's Square from living room and bedroom, and The Bund from the bath tub. This is my preferred room at LRM. Based on the floor plan, I don't think the bigger suites on high floors have Bund view.

The Club food offerings are decent in the evenings, nice enough for dinner if you don't want to leave the hotel.

Breakfast in the restaurant has a large selection, but I end up getting the same stuff and forgo most of the offerings. One item I miss is watermelon juice, although the guy preparing juice/fruit was nice enough to get me a glass of watermelon juice each morning.

Grand Hyatt Shanghai has nicer suites, but I like the views and location of LRM better.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:46 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Originally Posted by CIT85
I had anther great stay at LRM last week.

I arrived before noon and my pre-assigned Imperial Suite n 61st floor was not ready, so Club agent selected another Imperial Suite on 59th floor.

This was my 8th stay, and 3rd stay in a row in an Imperial Suite, which is the corner 2-room suite with view of People's Square from living room and bedroom, and The Bund from the bath tub. This is my preferred room at LRM. Based on the floor plan, I don't think the bigger suites on high floors have Bund view.

The Club food offerings are decent in the evenings, nice enough for dinner if you don't want to leave the hotel.

Breakfast in the restaurant has a large selection, but I end up getting the same stuff and forgo most of the offerings. One item I miss is watermelon juice, although the guy preparing juice/fruit was nice enough to get me a glass of watermelon juice each morning.

Grand Hyatt Shanghai has nicer suites, but I like the views and location of LRM better.
You think it is PT or LT PT that is getting you the big suite, very envious

Just stayed there a few weeks ago for a week and half, will be spending a weekend there in a few weeks.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by chipmaster
You think it is PT or LT PT that is getting you the big suite, very envious

Just stayed there a few weeks ago for a week and half, will be spending a weekend there in a few weeks.
I think it's the fact that I am a returning "regular". My first few times as Plt, I was assigned junior suites, although I did manage to talk them into upgrade me to a deluxe suite a couple of times as "one-time" exceptions.

This hotel has record of your previous stays, including the room you stayed in.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:49 pm

Stayed here 2 nights last month. Low-end Plat, so I used SNA's which cleared for Royal Jr Suite. Room had a slight odor, shows a bit of wear but its comfortable enough for what we paid. Lounge is lovely and peaceful when theres no kids around :-/ . Downstairs breakfast is ok. Was our first visit in Bund area so there was enough stuff to walk around and see. If I were to return, I think I would try out the STR
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:34 pm

I just spent 7 nights at LRM mid-November when most high end hotels in Pudong and Puxi were very full and rates were high. So, no much of an upgrade for my 9th stay. I was pre-assigned a room on 39th floor and had to ask for a room on higher floor to avoid changing elevators. No suite and no Bund view. LRM has started to lower rates for suites so they are being booked instead of being available for upgrades. Apparently locals are also making last minute bookings if weather is nice, so the hotel has been full the past several months.

I changed my one night stay later to JW Marriott across the square and had a very nice upgrade to an Executive Suite and the service was overall a notch better than LRM. However, there are plenty of MR Plat guests at JW so upgrades may be difficult to come by.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by CIT85
I just spent 7 nights at LRM mid-November when most high end hotels in Pudong and Puxi were very full and rates were high. So, no much of an upgrade for my 9th stay. I was pre-assigned a room on 39th floor and had to ask for a room on higher floor to avoid changing elevators. No suite and no Bund view. LRM has started to lower rates for suites so they are being booked instead of being available for upgrades. Apparently locals are also making last minute bookings if weather is nice, so the hotel has been full the past several months.

I changed my one night stay later to JW Marriott across the square and had a very nice upgrade to an Executive Suite and the service was overall a notch better than LRM. However, there are plenty of MR Plat guests at JW so upgrades may be difficult to come by.
You made me jealous I stayed in LRM for I guess around 6 times a year since 2014 but only got the Imperial Suite once (on the very special day SPG being eaten by MR...) Getting a so-call suite upgrade is also a 50/50 for me only...

LRM is definitely not as high end as JWM so I won't be surprised, but it's already nicer than the another Marriot which is a 5-min walk from LRM. And because of the location LRM is also very fully packed with SPG Pt.... You can tell from the happy hour traffic in the Club so I'm not surprised even if I don't get any room upgrade...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.