Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG Instant Awards
Print Wikipost

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Can anyone who stayed here recently comment on the following how extensive the buffet in the restaurant in terms of selection and quality, and is there a significant difference between the restaurant buffet and the lounge?

How is the evening snack service in the lounge?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:23 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I was there ealier this week, only had breakfast in the lounge so can't compare with
restaurant.

Last edited by IluvSQ; Jan 19, 2015 at 7:08 pm Reason: Oops, I just realized I was not there for evening snacks!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:54 am

Breakfast at Le Royal Meridien Shanghai

Hi bocastephen,

Our signature restaurant, Le Bistrot, offers an extensive buffet selection with many different cuisines on offer. Here you will find Le Meridien signature breakfast items in the morning and everything from Chinese, Indian, and International options for lunch and dinner. Our Royal Club lounge offers a smaller, more private experience for breakfast, afternoon tea, and happy hour in the evening. Although there is a smaller selection of food, there is the benefit of the amazing view of the Bund that can be enjoyed from anywhere in the Royal Club lounge. This is the highlight for many of our guests!

Our nightly happy hour runs from 5:30pm-8:00pm and offers hors d'oeuvres, signature cocktails, wine and spirits.

We hope we have addressed all of the questions you had, please do let us know if we can assist you any further! We look forward to welcoming you to Shanghai!

Have a wonderful day!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:53 am

Welcome to FT, LRM-SH
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LeRoyalMeridienShanghai
Hi bocastephen,

Our signature restaurant, Le Bistrot, offers an extensive buffet selection with many different cuisines on offer. Here you will find Le Meridien signature breakfast items in the morning and everything from Chinese, Indian, and International options for lunch and dinner. Our Royal Club lounge offers a smaller, more private experience for breakfast, afternoon tea, and happy hour in the evening. Although there is a smaller selection of food, there is the benefit of the amazing view of the Bund that can be enjoyed from anywhere in the Royal Club lounge. This is the highlight for many of our guests!

Our nightly happy hour runs from 5:30pm-8:00pm and offers hors d'oeuvres, signature cocktails, wine and spirits.

We hope we have addressed all of the questions you had, please do let us know if we can assist you any further! We look forward to welcoming you to Shanghai!

Have a wonderful day!
Thank you, I look forward to trying both options
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I was at LRM Shanghai a week ago and the description LRM-SH provided is accurate. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant is very extensive and very good, although I would give Kerry Hotel Pudong slight higher marks for breakfast.

Evening hors d'oeuvres in the Lounge has a nice selection. One night the ravioli prepared to order actually had taste of truffle.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
To Le Royal Meridien poster, if you contact the moderators, they can make you an
official spokesperson for the property, with your name in green; so all will know
that you speak with authority.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat (0.09 MM), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Couldn't find it in the sticky ... does this hotel participate in the MAGC? 7 nights coming up
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by SubzeroMSP
Couldn't find it in the sticky ... does this hotel participate in the MAGC? 7 nights coming up
No data from the crowdsourced thread as well.

Find out and let us know will ya?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:21 pm

Does anyone have the contact info for the GM and/or the sales director of the LRM Shanghai? Thanks in advanced
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
Just booked a couple days around Qingming on a Junior Suite with an upgrade rate.
Any idea what I'd end up getting in a normal situation?
Say, Club Floor Junior Suites without club access, or a Deluxe?

Also: between this and the Westin, along a junior suite/studio room comparison, which is a better bet? (I've searched through conversations but it seems like consensus sways every few years.)
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
Originally Posted by timvanderet
Does anyone have the contact info for the GM and/or the sales director of the LRM Shanghai? Thanks in advanced
Here's the GM's:
[redacted after a bit of inactivity on FT, but no biggie since one can Google it easily enough]

Last edited by roverkt; Mar 30, 2015 at 7:07 am
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by roverkt
Here's the GM's:
I suggest that you edit your post in order to protect the gm from spam.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat (0.09 MM), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck
No data from the crowdsourced thread as well.

Find out and let us know will ya?
No green choice option. Bfast buffet is very extensive and by far best I've had at an SPG.

Latest stay was last week on a Friday night - best room I've had there yet. I've only had the standard king room, or this one, no junior suite so hard for me to tell how much of an upgrade this was. End of hallway room with the mahogany looking door. Enter, right side is the standard king room, left side is a living room with 2 sofas, tv, dining room table, minibar, fridge and 2nd bath.

Hard to beat the location, near People's square. Definitely my go-to when in Shanghai.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SubzeroMSP
Latest stay was last week on a Friday night - best room I've had there yet. I've only had the standard king room, or this one, no junior suite so hard for me to tell how much of an upgrade this was. End of hallway room with the mahogany looking door. Enter, right side is the standard king room, left side is a living room with 2 sofas, tv, dining room table, minibar, fridge and 2nd bath.

Hard to beat the location, near People's square. Definitely my go-to when in Shanghai.
Description sounds like the room I had when I used SNA, which is a real suite and not a standard Plat upgrade eligible suite. You had a 2 level upgrade above Plat upgrade pool. Typical upgrade is a junior siuite, which is a pretty big room. Next step up is a 2-room suite that does not have dining room and kitchenette.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.