Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG Instant Awards
Print Wikipost

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Now that the changeover has happened, I for one mourn the loss of another iconic legacy SPG property. Some incredibly good times were had in this property.

Le Royal Méridien Shanghai is dead, long live Conrad Shanghai.

khabah

Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
I loved Le meridians lounge but they would never get me a decent upgrade. I stayed there a few times and it was always the same corner jr. suite. Maybe now that its conrad I can actually get a proper upgrade. Tbh across the park, the JW was way better in customer service. The food Le Meridian was better.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had some good stays here. The worst upgrade was a big corner junior suite on a high floor with the good view (where even the closet had windows with a good view, as did the bathtub). I've also been given the small one-bedroom senior suites around the club floor. The lounge was good, but my special experience was being invited by the hotel to a Beach Boys concert in a small cognac bar on the former Expo grounds (transportation provided by LRM, with some staff to facilitate arrangements for the evening).

RIP LRM Shanghai (and RIP Starwood/SPG)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.