Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Europe: Top Starwood properties, 2006-9: discussion and summary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Europe: Top Starwood properties, 2006-9: discussion and summary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Best Starwood Hotels and Resorts In Europe

What is the best all-around SPG hotel or resort In Europe? My wife and I have 3 days of vacation in December and we would like to spend it relaxing in luxury. Any recomendations?
Old Nov 16, 2008, 8:14 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

damaxer91, I've just moved your question into a thread on the same topic. Over the course of a year, many of our insightful posters contributed information about the top hotels in Europe. I've just edited the 2nd post, which has the summary. It's sad, as a few stars have now left the chain - Schloss Fuschl and Villa Cipriani, for example. Regardless, there is a great list that is left.

There are master hotel threads on almost all the properties. Once you have read this list, if you have a question about a specific property, feel free to post in that thread. Or if you want to narrow the list down to 3 or 4 cities/hotels of interest to you, please do so and ask further questions.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 3:36 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Unhappy

Also no more starwood:

Arabella Sheraton Jagdhof in Hof, 20 miles from Salzburg
Old Nov 16, 2008, 4:17 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Also no more starwood:

Arabella Sheraton Jagdhof in Hof, 20 miles from Salzburg
Sad.

Thanks for reviewing the summary, as you are one of the more knowledgeable members re the European hotels.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by damaxer91
What is the best all-around SPG hotel or resort In Europe? My wife and I have 3 days of vacation in December and we would like to spend it relaxing in luxury. Any recomendations?
probably one of the Costa Smeralda resorts. they are closed for the winter months. i have never been to one, as i only winter in europe.

with only 3 days, and presuming you are starting from new york, i would adjust my trip to my flight schedule.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:46 am

Grande Bretagne in Athens, Greece
Palace Madrid
Old Mar 16, 2009, 1:07 am

Programs: BA G , SPG Plt
The Pulitzer Amsterdam
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DLmow
The Pulitzer Amsterdam
Don't mean to start an argument, but not true in my experience. A nice little hotel most of the time, but small rooms with no grandeur whatsoever, and the public areas are worn and cramped.

I would include all 3 of the Venice properties (each very different), the Grands and Westins in Florence and Rome, the Imperial in Vienna (we enjoyed the Bristol too), Maria Christina in Santander, Prince de Galles in Paris, and I'm sure the rest of the Cat 7's are very nice but I haven't been lucky enough to visit them yet. Loved the Goldener Hirsch in Salzburg, too...but not grand, just comfortable and homey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.