Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2007, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
Ditto. Applied for an additional card in early Feb. The card and the 2500 bonus points showed up in less than 2 weeks. Listed as "SPG AX MISC MATURE BY AMEX 2500" Points showed up before the card!! Didn't even have to activate the card or spend a dime.

All I did was use the www.americanexpress.com/starwoodbp link. Didn't really expect the points as this thread was so old, but I needed to get my son a card.

Now I'm wondering if I'd get the points again if I get yet another additional card.... Anyone try this?
The link appears to be dead today.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
New card - Additional cardholder bonus

Just activated my new (red) SPG Amex and was asked if I wanted to add any additional cardholders "for free". When I declined (my wife already has one) I was offered 10000 points to add another person. So I added my daughter (who will NEVER see this card, trust me ); we'll use it once to make sure it's in play, then cut it up. Nice bonus, though!^
Old Mar 11, 2007, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SportsTech
Just activated my new (red) SPG Amex and was asked if I wanted to add any additional cardholders "for free". When I declined (my wife already has one) I was offered 10000 points to add another person. So I added my daughter (who will NEVER see this card, trust me ); we'll use it once to make sure it's in play, then cut it up. Nice bonus, though!^
Slightly OT, but did your wife receive the new "red" card as well?

I got my new card, with the wrong "Member Since," and I haven't received anything for my two additional cardholders.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I declined (my wife already has one) I was offered 10000 points to add another person.
10K points for adding a fee-free additional card?! Cool deal--that's the highest I've ever heard of.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 1:15 am

I just activated the card today! however, not even 2500 offer can be found! can someone help me out with the link or promo code? please PM me..I need this desperately since i am about 10k point short!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 7:44 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
SportsTech,

Please post once you actually have the 10,000 point bonus posted to your Starwood account. I'll be surprised if you get it.

I think the 2500 point bonus offer expired 2-28-2007 but it may still be being offered over the phone.

I've never heard of a 10,000 point offer for adding a new card member to an existing account. Doesn't seem possible as that's the bonus for getting a new card/account.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:53 pm

Programs: A few
That's fairly substantial. It seemed as though when I received 3,000 points rather than 2,500 that people were shocked.

Originally Posted by EVA Air
Slightly OT, but did your wife receive the new "red" card as well?

I got my new card, with the wrong "Member Since," and I haven't received anything for my two additional cardholders.
I have this same problem as well. Spoke to about 10 different people on 3 separate instances, receiving 3 new cards, all with the same INCORRECT Member Since date. Everything was tried to fix it, but I deduced that they are pulling this date from the application date, not your true Member Since date, since every inquiry to every person shows my member since date being different than what is showing on the card.

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
SportsTech, Please post once you actually have the 10,000 point bonus posted to your Starwood account. I'll be surprised if you get it. ...I've never heard of a 10,000 point offer for adding a new card member to an existing account. Doesn't seem possible as that's the bonus for getting a new card/account.
I've never heard of a 10K bonus for adding a cardmember either - and if I don't get it I won't be hugely surprised (although "Jeff" the activation guy seemed quite convinced he was right about the number). I don't have any proof that he offered 10,000 points, even though I specifically asked him to confirm it; he said it was a "special one-time offer". But even if I just get 2,500, that's a nice freebie considering that the extra card won't be used (and doesn't cost anything).
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:28 pm

I applied via telephone for my card 2 days ago. I will receive the 10K on activation. However, when I added an additional for my wife, no mention was made as to any offer. Will call Amex tomorrow.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:34 am

same here. No offer was made when i was adding the add'l person to my account.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 6:59 am

I've just contacted Amex (Mar.14th) and mentioned the second person bonus. They said there is now 1K per person added. It's not much but thanks for the heads-up.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:49 am

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Originally Posted by anchor79
same here. No offer was made when i was adding the add'l person to my account.
I activated my Business card about 4 weeks ago, they asked if I wanted to
add anyone, I asked if would get 2,000 points and they said no.
I declined, hopefuly another on-line offer will appear.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Romadoc
I've just contacted Amex (Mar.14th) and mentioned the second person bonus. They said there is now 1K per person added. It's not much but thanks for the heads-up.
I guess the bonuses are targetted? I was told I can't get anything.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 4:54 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
I called to activate my new spiffy card today and lo and behold, I was switched to a live CSR who, after initially offering to enroll me in a Travel Protection service, offered me 10k if I added a secondary person to my account. I enrolled my 15 year daughter because I've been meaning to get her a card of her own anyway.

He said after the first purchase I'd receive 10k points. Woo hoo!

By the way, I think this is a purely random thing. My husband and I both carry Delta AMEXes and I received both cards within days of each other. I called the 800 number to activate my account and I just had to enter the card #. When I called to activate my husband's card, after entering the numbers I was switched to an interrogator/salesman, er, I mean CSR. So I hung up because AMEX is very strict about only speaking to the cardholder, immediately called again, and was able to activate it without being switched.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Recreation
I called to activate my new spiffy card today and lo and behold, I was switched to a live CSR who, after initially offering to enroll me in a Travel Protection service, offered me 10k if I added a secondary person to my account.
So I'm NOT the only person who got this offer! Good to know, since it increases the chances of me actually getting the promised 10K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.