Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE 1/09: W Hotel Honolulu Diamond Head [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE 1/09: W Hotel Honolulu Diamond Head [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2008, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by kluau88
If I'm not mistaken this is the second attempt at the W Honolulu leaving SPG. I believe last time a deal fell through and thus it remained a W.
This is the second attempt. (at least the second...)
Old Dec 27, 2008, 3:05 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by njswamps
I look forward to any and all comments and recommendations on what to do
It depends on your main reason/s on why you reserved the W HNL in the first instance.

If its to be away from the crowds of Waikiki, then I'd stick with the W.

If its for the W feel? then its boutique nice but don't expect the wildness of other W's in larger cities. They do have a nice party on a Fri/Sat night but don't know what will happen to this with the new hotel managers/owners.

If its for a room upgrade? then best as a PLT is the cool corner room as there is only one other suite - the Mega Wow suite - on the 12 point 5th floor (I call it point 5th floor because you need to walk up a flight of stairs to the suite penthouse. Again do expect your reserved room as the new hotel managers/owners may not (and are not expected) to honour the PLT upgrade.

If its for the PLT amenities? then its only 500points you are losing out since your reservations is a points redemption. Again no points under the new owners.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 6:29 pm

thanks for the commentary
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:08 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by sensei
Is this property joining another chain?
+1

So who has it? Or is it just shutting down completely ?
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by chanp
+1

So who has it? Or is it just shutting down completely ?
Castle Resorts & Hotels said Wednesday that it will take over management of the former W Honolulu hotel starting Friday and will rename the Waikiki boutique hotel The Lotus at Diamond Head......

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/s...5/daily41.html
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Castle Hotels & Resorts
We will be repositioning and rebranding the hotel that will include an enhancement and refining of the hotel product and services over the next several months. . ."
It's hard to imagine an improvement.

It's a sad loss.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:23 pm

W Honolulu no longer a W or *wood

As of three weeks ago, when I tried booking online and through the 800#. It's now owned by a "private company."
Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
For those who may be missing it...
http://www.castleresorts.com/Home/ac...t-diamond-head
Old Apr 1, 2009, 5:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
The rates are much lower under the new owners, usually around $230-$240 mark when previously the best the W offered was consistently over $300.

Also previously the eWow suite was around $1500 but now you could snag this former room for $600.00. Not too sure if the new owners allow you to party up there cos when I was up there (in which I believe is a sound proofed penthouse) - we had a Huge sound system, DJ, and go-go dancers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.