Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2009, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
at The Parker now

Check in could not have been friendlier/nicer!
Upgraded to a large jr. suite in the main building with a large private terrace.Full bathroom(with all the goodies) and a separate"party size" shower also with all the goodies.
What lovely grounds-what a great addition to Palm Springs.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 1:27 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Has anyone had the occasion to stay in the Gene Autry Residence and can comment? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 11, 2009, 1:26 am

Do they still offer the Fab Amenities (I mean, Hermes Soap and etc) instead of the "Summer set"? Please comment! Thx!
Old Jul 11, 2009, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by anchor79
Do they still offer the Fab Amenities (I mean, Hermes Soap and etc) instead of the "Summer set"? Please comment! Thx!
You should email the property and ask them. The more they hear, the more likely they may reconsider the scale back during the summer.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by anchor79
Whether you get them or not depends how fab YOU ARE.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Does this property accept the SPG50 coupon? Cheers.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 4:04 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by exc3ll
Does this property accept the SPG50 coupon? Cheers.
No, they don't.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Thinking of staying here in late June using 2 of my free nights (to be earned during promo)and have a few questions.
Is the resort fee included in such a "free"night?
Any current reviews of the place?Trip Advisor reviews on the property are not favorable-but Flyertalkers are more reliable than the priceliners who post reviews on Tripadvisor.
TIA
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Biggie, in other threads, William has stated that resort fees, are applicable on reward and Cash & Points stays. You will have to pay the resort fee.
Originally Posted by brp
Check out my post #21 (a few above yours) for a discussion about the resort fee. The official rules are as stated, but check what the website says beforehand.

Cheers.

Hate to beat a dead horse here but I just booked 3 nights here with FWN's over Labor Day (surprised there was availability!) and the email confirmation said the $30 resort fee is included in my rate, similar to what brp had. Has anyone stayed here on FWN's that can attest to the fee being charged? I'm planning on bringing a printout of my reservation to show what I was told. But all in all if I end up getting charged and it includes everything that's been stated in this thread, it will definitely not be a huge loss

On another note, any recommendations on places to eat/drink/play here? I've never been to Palm Springs and apart from lounging pool side, I'd love to hear about anything else going on in the area!
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
Hate to beat a dead horse here but I just booked 3 nights here with FWN's over Labor Day (surprised there was availability!) and the email confirmation said the $30 resort fee is included in my rate, similar to what brp had. Has anyone stayed here on FWN's that can attest to the fee being charged? I'm planning on bringing a printout of my reservation to show what I was told. But all in all if I end up getting charged and it includes everything that's been stated in this thread, it will definitely not be a huge loss

On another note, any recommendations on places to eat/drink/play here? I've never been to Palm Springs and apart from lounging pool side, I'd love to hear about anything else going on in the area!
I still have the printout on my desk that says the $30 resort fee is included in my rate, but I was charged as well. Good luck with that. Nice to see neither SPG nor the hotels GM have fixed that.

There are lots of great restaurants in P.S. some of my fav's: Tylers Burgers (lunch only), The Cowboy Way BBQ (lunch), Roscoe Grill (happy hour), Matchbox, Davey's Hideaway and Cheeky's (b-fast).
Old Aug 12, 2009, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
you probably will be charged

I just let it slide as the morning coffee,the valet parking,the gym/spa,and included internet more than made up for it.
Pity they cannot get that fixed as it does make for bad feelings.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Just got back from our stay and I must say I really enjoyed our time at the property.

Resort Fee Experience:
We used 3 FWN's to stay and when I checked in and was asked to sign something acknowledging the $30/night resort fee I let them know my confirmation email clearly stated the resort fee was included in my rate but that the printout was in my bag which had been taken to my room. The staff member checking us in said that was fine and to just bring it up to the front desk at some point and show them and it shouldn't be an issue. The next evening I brought the confirmation print out up and another staff member made a copy of it and let us know it wouldn't be a problem. Upon checking out the $30/day still appeared on the bill and I let yet another staff member know what had previously happened and showed her my confirmation again. She made another copy and removed the resort fee. Definitely wasn't a big issue, just wish it wasn't as much of a hassle as it was.

Otherwise our stay was very nice. We were upgraded to a patio room on the ground floor of the North building. The room was nice, not overly appointed but definitely a nice place to relax. Unfortunately we were given two doubles instead of a King (otherwise we would have to have stayed in the main building which apparently is not as nice) but they were moved together without much hassle on our part. The amenities were all Peter Thomas Roth which my girlfriend was very excited about. I didn't ask if these were the "summer set" but they all met my requirements of getting me clean haha. The room opened up to a small patio with a large round love seat sort of couch and a small table and chairs. We were on the lawn about 4 rooms away from the smaller "North Pool" which was nice since we could hang out on the patio without being in full view of the pool but could easily walk there from the room. The other pool was also nice and a bit colder which was great with the 105 degree heat but also more noisy with more kids running around.
We ate at Norma's cafe at the hotel for breakfast twice and while it is expensive ($6pp for a french press of coffee, ~$20 per entree) it was also very, very delicious and well worth the extra $ for the convenience of not having to leave the property. We did not try the Mr. Parker's restaurant (only open for dinner) but did find out the corkage fee is $55! The grounds are very nice with many small sitting areas carved into the plants as well as a croquet lawn, a Petanque (French style bocce ball) area, hammocks in some of the trees and all around very well maintained plants and lawns. All of the staff were very nice and we only ended up leaving the property twice, once for dinner at Spencer's per the concerige recommendation (definitely recommend) and once to head to the aerial tram (again, definitely worth the ~$20 for the ticket, make sure to bring some snacks, waters and comfortable shoes and take a small hike on one of the trails). One of the best parts of Palm Springs, in my opinion, is that there isn't a whole lot to do out there so you don't feel like you're missing out on anything by lounging pool side most of the day All in all it was a very nice weekend and I would definitely plan on staying here again when we return to palm springs for another relaxing weekend.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: AS GOLD
Smile Awesome stay

I was here on labor day weekend as well for 2 nights. Since I'm just a lowly gold, I only got upgraded to deluxe room. Above the patio room at north building. I was charged for the resort fee at check out. Didn't borther to do anything as we were behind schedule to head back to SAN.

Emailed hotel the next day with a confirmation page showing resort fee was included in my booking. Got an email back from front desk manager stating they will refund me the $60 fees.

They have the best staffs throughout the hotels. Smiley faces and greetings everywhere.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:09 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
We just checked into the Parker this afternoon for a 1 night FWN stay. Very impressed with the friendliness and service levels here amongst all the staff.

We were upgraded to a Lanai room in the North Building as described above but with the addition of another section to the patio featuring a hammock.

The toiletries include: Roth Sunscreen, Penhaligons Quercus shampoo and conditioner, L'Occitaine soaps, and Molton Brown shower gel.

There was a complimentary bottle of San Pellegrino in the room for us. I find this hotel very relaxing and is currently my favourite in the Palm Springs area.

I was informed by the Platinum Concierge that the $30 Resort fee was NOT included and that I would have to pay this. I am fine with this.

Will report back more impressions tomorrow once we check out.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:27 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney

There are lots of great restaurants in P.S. some of my fav's: Tylers Burgers (lunch only), The Cowboy Way BBQ (lunch), Roscoe Grill (happy hour), Matchbox, Davey's Hideaway and Cheeky's (b-fast).
Thanks for the recommendations -- we went to Cheeky's for breakfast this morning and it was great!! The Eggs Bennie were fantastic -- great vibe, great food and very friendly service. Will definitely return!!
Old Sep 26, 2009, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luxury
Thanks for the recommendations -- we went to Cheeky's for breakfast this morning and it was great!! The Eggs Bennie were fantastic -- great vibe, great food and very friendly service. Will definitely return!!
Nice! and glad you got the full bathroom amenities and not the cheap stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.