Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2008, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just received an email from the hotel, announcing rates as low as $99 thru Dec 29 that must be booked by December 12. The special rate plan is LTO125.
Nice!

A curious FT'er also told me that they still have some $199 packages that include either a $200 spa credit or $200 dining credit.

Don't forget the $30 resort fee on top of all these rates.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 8:11 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
A curious FT'er also told me that they still have some $199 packages that include either a $200 spa credit or $200 dining credit.
Weekdays only for the $199 spa or dinner packages. On the weekends, it's $100 more -- so the same price as the $99 rate for the room portion. However, if you're going to do $200 per day at the spa or restaurants anyway, might as well let it be part of your room rate so that you get Starpoints for it.

@:-) "credit can not be rolled over, only available per day."

Great deals!
Old Dec 7, 2008, 6:20 am

Is this property now taking part in SPG? Last time I was there it was billed as "no participation".
Old Dec 7, 2008, 6:48 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by sixela73
Is this property now taking part in SPG?
Yes, Starwood Lurker announced the good news a month back. Thus, we have fresh interest in both the Palm Springs and New York properties.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by sixela73
Is this property now taking part in SPG? Last time I was there it was billed as "no participation".
Yes yes yes.

I have been there twice in the past month and they most definitely are a participating property. I will write a short review with some pictures when I have more time.

They have the most interesting selection of shower/bathroom toiletries I have ever come across; Penhaligons, Bvlgari, L'Occitane, Molton Brown, Hermes and two others. Good place to stay if you need to stock up.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:24 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Mediocre experience at Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs

Let me start by saying that the staff were wonderful and everything was taken care of in the end. It just didn't have that quality feel.

We had requested an early check-in on an award stay (as SPG Gold). I realize that this is not always available, and it wasn't this time. Disappointing, but it happens. Went to change in the bathroom into hiking gear. While there, the automated urinal next to the stall decided to go into overflow mode, spilling water everywhere...got my socks, but I noticed and was able to grab stuff before the rest got too wet. Things break, of course, and they seemed eager to fix it.

Mentioned the $30 spa fee when I went to do the check-in paperwork. I showed a printout of my reservation that indicated that it was "included in the rate." She said "Yeah, the website is incorrect, so you'll have to pay it." I said, very politely, that I would address it further at checkout.

Got a nice room- they said it was an upgraded room, with a nice view of the croquet lawn. Very standard looking room, nothing special, although the bath amenities (as noted) were top-notch. Bathroom was very tired looking.

Grounds were lovely and the plantings (rosemary, various succulents, pampas grass) was reminiscent of our house and extremely well done. The pricing (unlisted) as the "lemonade stand" were high - $15 for a standard drink.

All parking is valet, which I find annoying as I prefer to park myself, but they were quick and attentive. Got a good restaurant recommendation from the concierge.

When we went to check out, she noted that there had been an issue with the fee. Just asked for my printout showing the charge included, and it was removed from the bill.

So, overall, the place was just OK. But the friendliness and professionalism of the staff were excellent (save the one that argued with me about the website error and the fee being due anyway )

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 3:12 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Exclamation Not to jump to conclusions, but .....

Not trying to unnecessarily start any rumors or bad info, so take this with a small grain of salt.... but ...

The last marketing message I received from this hotel had dropped any signs of the Le Meridien branding, which I thought was odd, but didn't give it much more thought. Then over this past weekend, I noticed on their own webpage, the've likewise eliminated the Le Meridien name and are calling themselves just "PARKER Palm Springs." That struck me even more since the Parker organization is still very much referring to their NYC property as "Le Parker Meridien."

See here for their own webpage to see what I'm talking about:

http://www.theparkerpalmsprings.com/

I can't find mention of Le Meridien anywhere on their webpage! Even the photo of the exterior entrance to the property says "PARKER Palm Springs."

It probably signifies nothing, but it still strikes me as quite unusual that a branded property has dropped the "branding" from its own webpage. Has anyone heard that this property may be looking to go independent?

Just sayin'.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 3:22 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbtinme
N

I can't find mention of Le Meridien anywhere on their webpage! Even the photo of the exterior entrance to the property says "PARKER Palm Springs."

It probably signifies nothing, but it still strikes me as quite unusual that a branded property has dropped the "branding" from its own webpage. Has anyone heard that this property may be looking to go independent?

Just sayin'.
Well, we were just there, and I didn't see Le Meridien anywhere, either. It was all "Parker Palm Springs" from the external signage to everything I could see in the rooms. Not sure what it means, but it definitely seems to be consistently applied.

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 3:53 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by brp
...Not sure what it means, but it definitely seems to be consistently applied.

Cheers.
They have a long history of not including any reference to Le Meridien as a brand on their own web site, even when Le Meridien was not part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.

It is one of the reasons that there is no direct link from their Starwood homepage:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...ropertyID=1911

To their own web site. If the question then becomes "why do they do this", I would have to refer you directly to them for that answer.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Apr 29, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Resort fee included in "free"night?

Thinking of staying here in late June using 2 of my free nights (to be earned during promo)and have a few questions.
Is the resort fee included in such a "free"night?
Any current reviews of the place?Trip Advisor reviews on the property are not favorable-but Flyertalkers are more reliable than the priceliners who post reviews on Tripadvisor.
TIA
Old Apr 29, 2009, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Thinking of staying here in late June using 2 of my free nights (to be earned during promo)and have a few questions.
Any current reviews of the place?Trip Advisor reviews on the property are not favorable-but Flyertalkers are more reliable than the priceliners who post reviews on Tripadvisor.
TIA
Biggie, in other threads, William has stated that resort fees, are applicable on reward and Cash & Points stays. You will have to pay the resort fee.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 7:42 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TIA
Check out my post #21 (a few above yours) for a discussion about the resort fee. The official rules are as stated, but check what the website says beforehand.

Cheers.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
From the website: Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs has a $30.00 resort charge per room per night. This includes 24-hour access to gym, local and 800 calls, 24 hour valet parking, Wi-Fi internet, large sparkling water in room, access to spa, indoor pool, steam room, daily newspaper and morning coffee with wake up call.

I also understand there is quite an assortment of bath products in the rooms.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 7:03 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Thanks itsaboutthejourney.
So Valet parking is NOT an additional charge?Well that makes it almost reasonable then.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 7:29 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks itsaboutthejourney.
So Valet parking is NOT an additional charge?Well that makes it almost reasonable then.
Nope. Valet parking is required (there is no other option), so it is included.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.