Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Hotel/SPG combines Award and Paid reservations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC

Over the weekend I made 2 reservations for successive days at a hotel - 2 days award stay followed by 3 days paid. Got 2 confirmation numbers. I did note in the comments of each reservation that the other existed. Today I noticed that the website now shows a single reservation for the entire time period (that cannot be viewed online which probably is due to the modifications made). Is this normally what they do in such cases? Doesn't really matter to me but I am curious.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:04 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
I have had this before and got the credits and points as if did an entire paid stay.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:44 am

Same for me. 2 nights free, one on SPG 50, 3 night stay credit
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:49 am

Programs: AA PLT, *Wood PLT, HHonors Gold
This is very normal.

Actually it's good, as it eliminates any need to check out and re check in. I've had this done before on my reservations.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 3:13 pm
CDF

Location: Michigan, DL Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Gold
I had this question earlier as I have made the same type of reservation for this coming November (points for 2 nights/paid one night). Here's the link if you're interested.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=554764
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Thanks. Mostly I was just surprised that they actually noticed on a future reservation and did the combining. I agree it simplifies logistics for the actual stay. Good to know it's standard practice though.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 8:40 am

Programs: UA LT GS/5MM, DL 3MMGold, HHDia, HyattGlob, IHG Spire Amb, Marr Plat/LTG, SPG LTP
The combining of sequential reservations can work either for good or for bad. I caught the bad end of it yesterday, but managed to straighten it out. I had a reservation for 2 rooms/3 nights at Sheraton Fota Cork in mid July. Having difficulty booking the preceeding night elsewhere, I made a separate reservation for the one night before - with option to cancel. I managed to secure (more convenient for travel plans) lodging elseswhere, and tried to cancel the extra night - only to find that 1) the reservations had been merged, 2) the higher single night reservation rate had been applied to the entire stay, and 3)the 2 rooms had shrunk 1 one! Managed to straighten it out with the service center, but the system is clearly prone to errors! Danger Will Robinson!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.