Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The most filthy Sheraton

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by asnovici
Have you been to Sheraton Anaheim? Its just disturbing in more ways then one...
I was there last summer several times and the place was fairly clean. Room were large and they had the Sweet Sleeper beds. The decor may not be everyone's cup of tea - but it was not "Filthy".
Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:21 pm

Programs: SPG - Gold, Delta Silver, Continental Silver
Others

I don't think the Orlando Sheraton Suites Airport is a bad hotel. I believe you must have had a bad room experience.

So as to not be hypocritical...these are places where my expectations of cleanliness were not met based on the room I was provided..

Sheraton Suites - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Sheraton Suites - Key West
Sheraton Suites - Philly Airport

Hummm...I'm seeing a trend with the "Suites" hotels. It seems like many of these were purchased from other chains...and I think with many families, they get tons of wear and tear. Additionally, perhaps there competitive room rates are not providing the resources to renovate more frequently.

Not sure...but I have found a handful that have fallen short of the Sheraton level of quality and service.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:13 am

Programs: DL Plat/1M, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by vincom
I was there just recently, big mistake. They are about to undergo a remodel so lets hope thios improves the hotel.

-Vincent
I've stayed there a couple of times this year and it is average, but I didn't have any notable problems. Interestingly enough, this property has been sold out a lot lately.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:18 am

Programs: DL Plat/1M, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by colberto
I don't think the Orlando Sheraton Suites Airport is a bad hotel. I believe you must have had a bad room experience.

So as to not be hypocritical...these are places where my expectations of cleanliness were not met based on the room I was provided..

Sheraton Suites - Kansas City - Country Club Plaza
Sheraton Suites - Key West
Sheraton Suites - Philly Airport

Hummm...I'm seeing a trend with the "Suites" hotels. It seems like many of these were purchased from other chains...and I think with many families, they get tons of wear and tear. Additionally, perhaps there competitive room rates are not providing the resources to renovate more frequently.

Not sure...but I have found a handful that have fallen short of the Sheraton level of quality and service.

I'll throw in a vote for the SS PHL Airport, I stayed there for 3 nites last year and even though we were upgraded to a corner suite which was huge (including a conference room table), the carpets were threadbare with many ripples (one could easily trip and injure themselves in some spots), the walls were very dirty with many large dark scuff marks, folding closet door wouldn't close properly which intruded into the hall to enter the bathroom, etc.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 8:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ashi_seattle
I'll throw in a vote for the SS PHL Airport, I stayed there for 3 nites last year and even though we were upgraded to a corner suite which was huge (including a conference room table), the carpets were threadbare with many ripples (one could easily trip and injure themselves in some spots), the walls were very dirty with many large dark scuff marks, folding closet door wouldn't close properly which intruded into the hall to enter the bathroom, etc.
We're planning to stay at the Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport for almost a week. The property is that bad? Maybe I should reconsider?
Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:14 am

I stayed at the Sheraton Suites PHL last December, and while my room is a little old and dated, it is well maintained and clean. I did notice water stains on the ceiling, and some of the wallpapers are peeling in the corner, but I attribute that to age more than maintainance.

The hotel however has other problems, especially the frequency of shuttle. I hd to watch the Embassy Suites shuttle pass me by 4 times before the Sheraton shuttle finally showed up.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:52 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by ashi_seattle
I've stayed there a couple of times this year and it is average, but I didn't have any notable problems. Interestingly enough, this property has been sold out a lot lately.
IIRC, its closest to the airport...

The place was just a little to dingey for me...

-Vincent
Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I've been to the SS Orlando a few times...

Hotel is nothing compared to some of the dives I've had to stay at over the years.

The hotel is clean for the most part, with flowery decor (granny style) the only issues I had with it were this:

1. Stuck in bad hurricane in Sept 04, and they gouged the crap out of guests for dinner. They would only make Turkey and mashed potatoes, and it was $30 per person. Good thing we hit the grocery store before hand as we had no power for a couple days.

2. Long walks to your room from the stairs or elevators depending on room location.

Other than that, the hotel was fine, and much better than the Sheraton East Hartford that I had to stay at for over a year.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC50K, HH Dia.
Don't get me wrong, my feeling is SS Orlando is just a bad apple. I am happy in 99% of my stays in the Starwood chain.
When the place is not clean I have a problem, dated furniture is OK. I this case they have cut back services like cleaning, deliver newspapers and express check out.
Saying that all Sheraton Suites has issues is wrong my favourite is a Suites in Calgary.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 2:54 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Originally Posted by raydog9379
I've been to the SS Orlando a few times...

Hotel is nothing compared to some of the dives I've had to stay at over the years.

The hotel is clean for the most part, with flowery decor (granny style) the only issues I had with it were this:

1. Stuck in bad hurricane in Sept 04, and they gouged the crap out of guests for dinner. They would only make Turkey and mashed potatoes, and it was $30 per person. Good thing we hit the grocery store before hand as we had no power for a couple days.

2. Long walks to your room from the stairs or elevators depending on room location.
Hey, I stayed there during the same hurricane (Jeanne) I guess, we ran over to the Marriott and had a great BBQ dinner that night with plenty of discounted drinks and a movie theatre . When I told the manager at the Sheraton that in my opinion the dinner was a rip-off and that he took advantage of the situation, I was told that we should be happy to get any dinner at all I do understand that it was had to cook dinner that night, however $10 would have been a fair price.

To get back on topic. I would like to add another suites property: SS on the Hudson NJ. The only Sheraton where I had to share my room with cockroaches Furthermore mouldy bathroom, worn down carpets, markings all over the wallpaper and there was some weird substance growing in the fridge

Both stays were during the same trip to the States and made me decide to take my bussiness to other chains
Old Mar 22, 2006, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by Gr.Dane
Don't get me wrong, my feeling is SS Orlando is just a bad apple. I am happy in 99% of my stays in the Starwood chain.
When the place is not clean I have a problem, dated furniture is OK. I this case they have cut back services like cleaning, deliver newspapers and express check out.
Saying that all Sheraton Suites has issues is wrong my favourite is a Suites in Calgary.
Sheraton Suites Pomona Fairplex is another great property.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
I would vote for the Sheraton Salt Lake City...dingy, old furniture, and very tired-looking.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 8:51 pm

Surprising

Originally Posted by yyznomad
There are many Sheratons out there that should be burned to the ground and reincarnated as a cockroach.

The Sheraton Suites O'Hare is one great example. Stayed there once (and only) -- mouldy bathroom, worn down carpets, markings all over the old and peeling wallpaper... and the kicker -- a swarm of ladybugs in my room (mostly in the bathroom light area). I wasn't disgusted with the ladybugs, but it was a sight to see.
I stayed there just a few months ago (Dec 05). I was very impressed with the room. Must have recently been renovated as it had brand new W-esque furniture, and nice bathroom...
Old Apr 29, 2007, 4:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Shertaon Suites Cypress Creek. Ick.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 7:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by shinbal
Shertaon Suites Cypress Creek. Ick.
I agree, however Sheraton Suites Plantation, is a ^

Been to SS Key West it wasnt bad, except if you get some of the rooms at the back of the Place. Being a Plat I was always put into an Ocean View Room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.