Wiki Posts
Search

The most filthy Sheraton

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2006, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC50K, HH Dia.
The most filthy Sheraton

I think I found it, I know I did. Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport. Enough black marks on the walls to polish 10 pairs of shoes. The carpet needs an oil changes and so did the brown bedspread ( house keeping manager has taken that away ) stuff under the bed would be to much information. Asked to get to room cleaned early this morning got back 7.5 hours later ( 3:30pm ) no one had been to the room. Spoke several times to the front desk manager, I now know so what. James Counihan you have work to do. I have a few things.

1. The picture you use on your web site is the office building across the street why?
2. If you hotel doesn't deliver newspapers in the morning shouldn't you refund all your customers $0.75?

Last edited by ldsant; Mar 18, 2006 at 6:35 pm Reason: per the OP edit typos
Old Mar 17, 2006, 4:00 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
And here I thought the Sheraton Hyannis was the worst dump of them all.....
Old Mar 17, 2006, 5:32 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Have you been to Sheraton Anaheim? Its just disturbing in more ways then one...
Old Mar 17, 2006, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by PHL
At least that one is now a Four Points (if it wasn't corporate-owned it would have been kicked out of the brand long ago)
Old Mar 17, 2006, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Yes and 4 points in Fullerton. And some bad places in South America and Africa.
On a scale of 0-10 Sheraton Eau Claire Calgary is a 10 and this place is less than 1. Both has rooms of similar design.
I have stayed in simple rooms, but clean. This is a fancy room, but hasn't been cleaned with care for more than a year.
I have lost most of the sweet sleeper bed, but I have a clean bed. A blanket a 2 sheets and some new pillows. The new housekeeping manager had already done this to other rooms( she is new ). Shampoo and all kinds of different items for the bathroom showed up today. Walls and doors cleaned.
Hotel rooms are in short supply this weekend.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 7:11 pm

Programs: CO Plat, *wood Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
I just decontaminated myself from a stay at the Hartford Sheraton....bubbling wallpaper, moldy bathroom, and other scary business.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 6:54 am

I've seen better (and cleaner) furniture in a dingy frat house than what's in the Sheraton Gateway San Francisco.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:53 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by jimchicago
I've seen better (and cleaner) furniture in a dingy frat house than what's in the Sheraton Gateway San Francisco.
On the other hand, the SFO Four Points is lovely -- clean and with nice furniture. There's even a bit of marble in the bathroom.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
There are many Sheratons out there that should be burned to the ground and reincarnated as a cockroach.

The Sheraton Suites O'Hare is one great example. Stayed there once (and only) -- mouldy bathroom, worn down carpets, markings all over the old and peeling wallpaper... and the kicker -- a swarm of ladybugs in my room (mostly in the bathroom light area). I wasn't disgusted with the ladybugs, but it was a sight to see.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jimchicago
Agreed -- this property is another piece of elephant dung. I got upgraded to one of their corner "suites" (which wasn't even a suite but just a larger room) and the furniture and decor reminded me of my friend's room at the Imperial Palace in LAS!
Old Mar 18, 2006, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by asnovici
Yes. I used to stay there ~50 nights/year. Now it's even worse with the 'renovations' that are going on...
Old Mar 18, 2006, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Gr.Dane
Yes and 4 points in Fullerton.
Their tower rooms aren't that bad for a 4Pts. Recently renovated.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by asnovici
This one gets my vote....and then if you factor in the surly front desk staff, it's gotta be the winner
Old Mar 18, 2006, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
Their tower rooms aren't that bad for a 4Pts. Recently renovated.
The tower rooms are great.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 7:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Agreed -- this property is another piece of elephant dung. I got upgraded to one of their corner "suites" (which wasn't even a suite but just a larger room) and the furniture and decor reminded me of my friend's room at the Imperial Palace in LAS!
I can't agree with you more... which makes me wonder why those AAA-examiners keep giving this hotel a 4-diamond rating years after years. Are they blind?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.