Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[CLOSED] Munich Four Points Central [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[CLOSED] Munich Four Points Central [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:52 am

I just received an email from a Sarah Friedmann of the hotel stated that the hotel will be closed due to renovation from 06/2014 - 01/2015. They would like to move my reservation to Sheraton München Arabellapark Hotel if I give the OK.

I contacted SPG and they have no idea what they are talking about, and unable to confirm this with the hotel agent.

Did anyone else get this email?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:12 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
This is very bizarre as the hotel is still accepting reservations during the mentioned period. Have you looked to see if the hotel is sold out for your reservation period? Perhaps they are trying to avoid paying compensation for walking guests?

Please write back when you find out what is happening!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: SPG LTP
Originally Posted by FrankLA
I just received an email from a Sarah Friedmann of the hotel stated that the hotel will be closed due to renovation from 06/2014 - 01/2015. They would like to move my reservation to Sheraton München Arabellapark Hotel if I give the OK.

I contacted SPG and they have no idea what they are talking about, and unable to confirm this with the hotel agent.

Did anyone else get this email?
Unless you specifically picked the FP for location (Oktoberfest comes to mind), just JUMP at the Sheraton - far superior hotel, indeed a bit out-of-center but 5min walk to U-Bahn & getting fully central should never take more than 20-25min total (walking from FP to center would be about that as well)
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do any of the rooms directly overlook the fairgrounds of Oktoberfest?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Do any of the rooms directly overlook the fairgrounds of Oktoberfest?
Yes. Some high floor rooms do. The one I stayed in recently even came with a balcony.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:06 pm

Last year I was able to book 300+ days in advance for Oktoberfest 2020. However, trying to do so for (hopefully) Oktoberfest 2021, all rooms are blocked starting Sept 1.

Are they trying to prevent a ton of speculative Oktoberfest bookings that would be subject to cancellation due to Covid and just biding their time until there appears to be some indication that Oktoberfest will go ahead?

Cheers.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:26 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

I just walked by this hotel and it looks like it is at least temporarily closed. I just checked online at Marriott.com and it is still listed, but no dates are available for check in. Perhaps it is just a temporary Covid closure. If anyone knows more, please update the thread.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:27 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

I just viewed the hotel website: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...unich-central/.

"The hotel is currently closed". It does not mention if it is a temporary issue.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:33 pm

It has been closed for quite some time already...... Probably due to covid.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:33 pm

Excuse me for rambling off-topic. I just completed a week-long stay at the Aloft Munich. It was excellent. Nice Titanium recognition, good breakfast, excellent location, fitness center open, very nice service.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Some changes for Marriott in Munich since COVID... Sheraton Westpark is closed and possibly renovating/reflagging (RI? Hilton?), Sheraton Arabellapark is now a Four Points, and this property remains closed. Prior to COVID I understood there were plans for a renovation, so I woudl imagine it is possible that is underway, but I seriously doubt it.

Its location for the Oktoberfest is really its only redeeming quality, as otherwise it's fairly remote to most of the major business areas of Munich and not a particularly up-to-date FP. With two years of Oktoberfest/Fruhlingsfest cancellation (probably essential for revenue purposes) it is not surprising to see this hotel close, but it still appears to be temporary. Indeed its proximity to the Wiesn should be enough to make it an enticing property for some operator.

Anyway, a shame as a suite here was usually my base of operations for Oktoberfest, outside of a year at the Le Meridien and Sheraton Westpark. This year I will be at the Roomers (at substantially higher cost, but a fun property).

Last edited by EWR764; Oct 15, 2022 at 1:19 am
Old Oct 6, 2022, 5:37 pm

The hotel has been removed from the Marriott website. It's gone.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764
Sheraton Westpark has reflagged (Hilton)
How did you find out about the Hilton reflagging?

I can't find anything online to suggest the hotel is still open, or that it reflagged.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by James Luckard
How did you find out about the Hilton reflagging?

I can't find anything online to suggest the hotel is still open, or that it reflagged.
I suppose I should edit as that was just a rumor I received from a local travel agent (renovation then reflag to Hilton)... would not surprise me, but again, that's not confirmed.
James Luckard likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764
I suppose I should edit as that was just a rumor I received from a local travel agent (renovation then reflag to Hilton)... would not surprise me, but again, that's not confirmed.
Looks like it's just closed at the moment, I don't see anything online about it still operating under a transitional name or anything.
EWR764 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.