Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Puerto Vallarta or Cabo San Lucas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2006, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2.5M Lifetime), SPG
I can only speak to the PV locations. The Westin is a 5 minute cab ride, the Sheraton about 15 from the airport. Unless you're planning on doing some long range exploring, you don't need a car in PV. Taxis are cheap & plentiful. I like the Westin over the Sheraton.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 9:42 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by ezron
One man's ceiling is another man's floor--In a life of travel, it is the one place we truly did not like.
But if you're on the 9th floor as I am right now, then your ceiling is no one else's floor.

Trip review to come within the next 7 days. I have mixed opinions of the Westin Cabo so far. Too soon for me to make a public statement about them other than to say that breakfast in the Royal Beach Club lounge was great.

I have been tempted to try the PV properties sometime. While we are in Los Cabos this week, we intend to stop by the Sheraton to evaluate their property.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA MM, Starwood LTG
Originally Posted by pinniped
Only question I'd have about them...how easy are they to get to? Looks like they are about a hundred miles away from the PVR airport. Is this a part of Mexico where a carload of yanks can safely rent a car and drive two hours down a modern highway to the resorts? Or is it more like an 8-hour bus ride through the jungle...
We stayed at the Westin PV, El Cayeres & El Tamarindo last March. Rent a car. No problems, the roads are 2 lane blacktop over the mountains and thru the plains. Several small towns along the way, but only 1 gas stop that I remember. I'd plan on 3 hours one-way to Tamarindo, 2.5 for Cayeres. We found them by using the directions on the web sites - Tamarindo is a bit hidden.

Check out their reviews, great properties. And our stay at the Westin was great too. ^
Old Jan 18, 2006, 9:54 am

On a week's vacation, are the luxury collection properties worth the drive (assuming they are available on points, since I'm trying to plan an inexpensive vacation)... or am I better off just going to Cabo and not wasting my time with the drive?
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:34 pm

ezron, can I ask if it is Cabo that didn't agree with you or was it the Westin Cabo? Thanks in advance for the opinion.[/QUOTE]

No, the Westin Cabo is a magnificent property. It IS somewhat remote and far to town, but the hotel is beautiful. That being said, the scenery is ok but not particularly greatl(desert like--picture Vegas without the mountains) and the timeshare people(AT the rental car, AT the hotel, AT the restuarants, not to mention the people on the street) ruined this place for us with their constant pitches. Where some locations, you can say that the people are great and make the place. The opposite is true in Cabo. I know many people like Cabo(my brother thinks it's the best). Just not our cup of tea. JMHO.

And one more thing--it is VERY expensive(not what you think of when you think of Mexico)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.