Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

$749 for 6 days/5 nights at Sheraton Maui: good deal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$749 for 6 days/5 nights at Sheraton Maui: good deal?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Originally Posted by ehlfg
Just received a similar offer in the mail:
  • Six Days and Five Nights at the Westin Maui Resort & Spa
  • 8000 Starpoints or $75 Resort Certificate plus $185 towards an Avis Rental Car
  • $789

I don't think I was referred since I don't know anyone who owns an SVO property.

We have kids, so we would only be able to go when school is out. Was anyone able to do this deal during a school vacation period?
We took our vacation in June with the same offer from the Sheraton Maui,
June again this year at the Princeville. The summer months opened up
back in October for Princeville so I am not sure how avaliable they are now but we thought it was a great deal. Call with your dates as soon as possible.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 4:08 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
I had a referral once, but couldn't pull the trigger. Would like to try again, if someone would help out: [email protected]
Old Jan 15, 2007, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Hate to be a downer....but while it is not required, I found considerable pressure from the 'personal concierge' (aka timeshare dragon) to do the presentation. I found this to be the case at the Westin Maui. Still a bad taste in my mouth some 8 months later.... I wouldn't do this again.

Those who have been 'game' for the presentation, have had no problems. It's just a matter of preference...some have gone and bought...some have gone for the points....yet some want nothing to do with the presentation. Personally I just wish they had said it was required and had gone in knowing that....rather than what I went through when I tried to not do it.

Last edited by Renard; Jan 15, 2007 at 9:24 pm
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Renard
Those who have been 'game' for the presentation, have had no problems. It's just a matter of preference...some have gone and bought...some have gone for the points....yet some want nothing to do with the presentation. Personally I just wish they had said it was required and had gone in knowing that....rather than what I went through when I tried to not do it.
What did you have to go through when you refused to do a presentation? When I called today, the rep told me that no presentation would be required.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 1:52 am

Programs: aa exp and ck, spg plat, hz pc, dl life gld, marriott life plat, others
I was there on a paid stay, not through this offer, and the concierge was equally pushy about the timeshare demonstration. Just say no, but expect to have the question put to you every time you have to deal with the concierge. Need a dinner reservation -- get the request. Quite annoying when you pay full freight for a resort at a prime time.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by ehlfg
What did you have to go through when you refused to do a presentation? When I called today, the rep told me that no presentation would be required.
The 'personal concierge' on site during your stay keeps trying...and trying...and trying...to get you to do it.....asking the question in every humanly possible way to get you to do it--slipping it in mid sentence. My concierge 'forgot' to have me sign some little paper during my first "visit" and told me that I had to see her again to sign it because she "had given me money" (the resort credit that came with the offer--that's the carrot to entice the first visit to the 'personal concierge'--no resort credit unless you go in to her SVO dungeon). When I heard about this need to come again to sign this paper... I thought 'oh no. she wants one more stab at me'...and sure enough... thirty seconds to sign the paper...and five minutes talking about why I didn't want to do the presentation.

When they finally give up on the 'full blown presentation', then they move to the 'little presentation' on site at the hotel---for which they give you the all-valuable SPG50 coupon (3 of which I have sitting here at home gathering dust).. which they are very quick to point out is not good in Hawaii

Last edited by Renard; Jan 16, 2007 at 10:35 pm
Old Jan 17, 2007, 8:52 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Starwood Owner - Maui and Scottsdale
Originally Posted by Jailer
I had a referral once, but couldn't pull the trigger. Would like to try again, if someone would help out: [email protected]
I'm an owner there and would be glad to refer you - please email me. (Not PM.)
Old Jan 17, 2007, 8:54 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Starwood Owner - Maui and Scottsdale
Sorry - double post.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:11 pm

Hi. I received a similar offer from Westin Maui. Can anyone describe how the car rental certificate is used? Do you receive the certificate at the time of arrival to the hotel, or in advance? Wondering because we would like to pick up the car at the airport.

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2007, 8:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I would also love to have a referral - please feel free to e-mail me at :
[email protected]
Old Jan 24, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Originally Posted by deargaby
Hi. I received a similar offer from Westin Maui. Can anyone describe how the car rental certificate is used? Do you receive the certificate at the time of arrival to the hotel, or in advance? Wondering because we would like to pick up the car at the airport.

Thanks!
You get the certificate befor your trip, you call and reserve your car with you
certificate and code number and pick your car up at the airport with no
problem.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 1:56 am

Referral

I am planning a honeymoon in May 07 and would like to take advantage of this program. Would someone be able to refer me?

Thanks!
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.