Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Palace Madrid, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Palace Madrid, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:39 am
Community Director Emerita

I love your reports, claes059. You take the time to write a comprehensive report that gives us a fresh and current look at the hotel. Thank you for doing so.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
I was here with a friend (we're both Plats) last weekend on a cash + points stay. Upgraded to 2 (3?) room suite facing the fountain. Very nice, nothing to add to claes059's report. Sounds like we had a very similar room. I was able to squeeze through the balcony door to take photos (and have a smoke but I didn't know about the release form.

The check-in agent earned a *wood positive comment card from us. Very pleasant and accommodating. We would have given one to the concierge as well, but we only had the one between us; she's the nice lady with the glasses and big hair.

We stayed here when it was a Sheraton and while the rooms aren't any different now, the service IMO is much better.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I love your reports, claes059. You take the time to write a comprehensive report that gives us a fresh and current look at the hotel. Thank you for doing so.
Thanks for your nice reply, its good to know you appreciate it!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
What is the best way to get to hotel from airport? Airport bus seems to stop at least 10 minutes away. Still best option or is there a train/metro that stops closer?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag
What is the best way to get to hotel from airport? Airport bus seems to stop at least 10 minutes away. Still best option or is there a train/metro that stops closer?
It is really a short walk, 10min if you walk very slowly. I think everybody can do this. But if you have a lot of luggage its perhaps not easy. Another way is to take the metro, but you have to change lines, so even worse with luggage!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Airport is 10 minute walk?

Is this true? I'm visiting e property in April and would be awesome if it's a quick walk

Originally Posted by claes059
It is really a short walk, 10min if you walk very slowly. I think everybody can do this. But if you have a lot of luggage its perhaps not easy. Another way is to take the metro, but you have to change lines, so even worse with luggage!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:12 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by airplanepeanuts
Is this true? I'm visiting e property in April and would be awesome if it's a quick walk
The bus stop from the Airport is a 10 min walk, the Airport is not.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by airplanepeanuts
Its a 10 minute walk from the airportbus at plaza Cibeles to the hotel! Its very easy if you do not mind to walk. With light luggage its even faster.
If you want to take the bus back, the busstop is on the other side, on the side of the Postoffice.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:59 pm

I took the Metro from and to the airport when I stayed at the Westin Palace in December. Easy enough with a rollaboard, didn't have to wait long between trains, and only 2 or 3 Euros if I remember right.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by barelyelite
I took the Metro from and to the airport when I stayed at the Westin Palace in December. Easy enough with a rollaboard, didn't have to wait long between trains, and only 2 or 3 Euros if I remember right.
the Metro stop Banco de Espagna is next to the airportbusstop at Cibeles so I do not think the distance will be shorter. When taking the airportbus you do not have to change lines.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Its a 10 minute walk from the airportbus at plaza Cibeles to the hotel! Its very easy if you do not mind to walk. With light luggage its even faster.
If you want to take the bus back, the busstop is on the other side, on the side of the Postoffice.
How much is the bus? How long is the ride?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by barelyelite
i love the metro in madrid.... its 2.90euros I believe because of the 1euro added for airport transfers

Metro in madrid is fast, clean, and efficient (trains run every 2-3 minutes)
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by anandrag
How much is the bus? How long is the ride?
The airportbus s only 2 euro, the metro in the city is 1,50 euro!
Well, I have never had an economic transfer like with this airportbus!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:10 am

Pictures: http://travel.webshots.com/album/582431157GtQxRk

Thinking Green? I did notice the hotel does not have energy savers for the lights in the suite or in the corridors public spaces! It was a bit shocking for me, since I thought Starwood cares for the environment. And beside this, financially it would be also better for the hotel when I notice how much lights are used. In the room you can find a card, only when you place it on the bed the linen would be cleaned, so that’s one step to environmental thinking or green thinking.

Well I have to make an adjustment. I have information now the hotel does have energy saving lightbulbs of PHILIPS and is every year certified “TUV - ISO 14001 For applying an environmental system in a historical building”. So yes this Starwood hotel is thinking Green.
It is the first time I have noticed the clear glass lightbulbs without the milky colors they usually have and of this form as a energy saver! Well we learn every day. I am just happy the hotel is thinking Green!

Pictures: http://travel.webshots.com/album/582431157GtQxRk
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: SPG
Stayed here last weekend for 4 nights. Even though I'm only a Preferred Guest with the Amex, they let me check in at 8:30am after a redeye and upgraded our cash and points reservation to a king room (executive floor). We were really impressed by this! Unfortunately, we weren't too impressed by the concierge's restaurant recommendations -- they seemed very Americanized. Overall, a great stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.