FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   St. Regis London (Lanesborough) for 35GBP a night! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/421244-st-regis-london-lanesborough-35gbp-night.html)

sts603 Apr 12, 2005 4:45 pm

St. Regis London (Lanesborough) for 35GBP a night!

I found a 35 pound per night rate at the Lanesborough London (St. Regis). It was on Orbitz (though not one of their special rates). I booked it and then logged on to the website, entered by name and CC # and the res. came up. Every screen including confirmation and rate details confirmed the same, including the free breakfast and airport transfers. I even changed my phone number and flight arrival details and uploaded them and everything worked fine. Anybody else ever check-in with a low rate and did you run into any trouble? I could understand if Orbitz screwed up they would say "no go" but with it printed clearly on Starwood letterhead, I'm having a hard time believing they can legally deny it.

rgm18 Apr 12, 2005 5:00 pm

it seems to me that you are confirmed and they will have to honor it. just print EVERYTHING out.
im trying to book that rate now for myself, can u tell me what days it was available?

thnx
r

Always Flyin Apr 12, 2005 5:51 pm

I'm getting 415 Pounds for the nights I will be in London.

sts603 Apr 12, 2005 6:21 pm

I tried to re-book same dates and different dates and couldn't get it. Jul 14th for 4 nights was what I got though. Best of luck - let me know if you get it.

sts603 Apr 12, 2005 8:56 pm

The plot gets better

So I went to do the Best Rate Guarantee. So when I went to starwood.com find the rate that they were quoting for the same rate (Summer Rates: airport transfers, continental breakfast and champagne) I found the 35 GBP online. I booked it for one day longer and got a Starwood confirmation. Haven't cancelled the original orbitz one yet but I guess I will in a couple of days. Went back to try and do it again and it was gone. Seems like the computer error is happening in spurts. Best of luck.

Anybody though who has gotten something like this before, please report on your experience.

vivrant Apr 12, 2005 9:08 pm

Amazing!

I was able to book this too!
EDIT: The below is through Orbitz

Guest name: XXXX
Hotel name: The LanesborougH
Address: Hyde Park Corner
London, SW1X 7TA
Phone number: (44)(207) 259 5599
Check-in date: Thu, Jul 14, 2005
Check-out date: Tue, Jul 19, 2005
Total number of guests: 2
Total number of rooms: 1 room
Room: Spacious deluxe room with marble bathroom: approx size 40sq. M/400sq.Ft: butler service. Not in spg
Rate description: Summer rates round trip airport transfers from lhr:lgw or eurostar: daily cont inental breakfast and champagne on arrival
Average rate per night : 35.00 GBP
Estimated total rate: 175.00 GBP

^ ^ ^ ^

vivrant Apr 12, 2005 9:11 pm

WORKS ON SPG.COM TOO!!! I have two rooms booked!

EDIT: The below is through spg.com

Check in: Jul 14, 2005
Check out: Jul 19, 2005

1 Room, 2 Adults Per Room, 1 King
Beds: 1 King
Room Features: Deluxe Room, 24 Hr Comp Butler Service, Free Highspeed Internet Acces, Interactive Web Tv, , Spacious Deluxe Room With Marble Bathroom, Approx Size 40Sq. M/400Sq.Ft, Butler Service. Not In Spg

Average Daily Rate Per Room: GBP 35.00
Get complete details about this rate, taxes and other charges
Total For Room Rate Only: GBP 175.00

sts603 Apr 12, 2005 9:35 pm

So do you think they'll put up a fuss or just one really weird face at check-in?

vivrant Apr 12, 2005 9:36 pm

St. Regis London (Lanesborough) for 35GBP a night!

Credit goes to sts603 for finding this, but if anything ever did, this for sure deserves its own thread!

Original Thread Here

Free airport transfers AND free breakfast. I'm looking for flights now!

Here are my details:

Orignally this deal was found on orbitz.com but it WORKS ON SPG.COM TOO!!! I have two rooms booked!

The Lanesborough
Hyde Park Corner
London, United Kingdom
(44) (20) 7259 5599

Check in: Jul 14, 2005
Check out: Jul 19, 2005

1 Room, 2 Adults Per Room, 1 King
Beds: 1 King
Room Features: Deluxe Room, 24 Hr Comp Butler Service, Free Highspeed Internet Acces, Interactive Web Tv, , Spacious Deluxe Room With Marble Bathroom, Approx Size 40Sq. M/400Sq.Ft, Butler Service. Not In Spg

Average Daily Rate Per Room: GBP 35.00
Get complete details about this rate, taxes and other charges
Total For Room Rate Only: GBP 175.00

Rate Plan Description: Round Trip Airport Transfers From Lhr,Lgw Or Eurostar, Daily Continental Breakfast And Champagne On Arrival

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

EDIT : Found flights too. Guess I'll be in London this July. Thanks SPG for the great offer!

Added by Moderator: The two threads have been merged together to focus what is sure to be a lively discussion in a single thread.

vivrant Apr 12, 2005 9:43 pm

Not sure at all, and my sincere apologies for thread jacking but I created a new thread for this since it really deserves it! Again, apologies, but I'm sure the thread I created will gain greater attention amongst our FT brethren. My hope is they will honor this. Heck, I've even booked my flights!

New Thread Here

bworrell Apr 12, 2005 10:07 pm

Darn! This must be fixed. Anyone know of any dates that might work? The summer rates is coming up at 350GBP. Someone must have missed a zero!

sts603 Apr 12, 2005 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by bworrell
Darn! This must be fixed. Anyone know of any dates that might work? The summer rates is coming up at 350GBP. Someone must have missed a zero!

It's gone in and out several times today. I have reservations 7/13-7/18 and 7/14-7/18. Vivrant was able to get two 7/14-7/19. I know the rate has a minimum 3 nights but I haven't been able to get any other 3 night combos.

See:
New Thread Here

NYEsq Apr 12, 2005 10:13 pm

Amazing!

skye1 Apr 12, 2005 10:16 pm

Can't seem to find it either....checked on Orbitz and SPG. Tried a few date combinations. Am I missing something? Any dates/sites working for this great rate?

bworrell Apr 12, 2005 10:21 pm

I really think this must be gone, but I would be happy to be proven otherwise. With all the date combinations I try I can get the 1 King 'Summer Rates' room to come up, but it's showing at 350GBP instead. It's too coincidental that the ones that were able to get this rate were just missing the '0'. Someone must have typo'd the rate.

sts603 Apr 12, 2005 10:27 pm

I really think this must be gone, but I would be happy to be proven otherwise. With all the date combinations I try I can get the 1 King 'Summer Rates' room to come up, but it's showing at 350GBP instead. It's too coincidental that the ones that were able to get this rate were just missing the '0'. Someone must have typo'd the rate.

Definitly agree that was the typo. No way that that hotel would actually discount rooms that far - not in the middle of the summer tourist season. I'm amazed that they let things like that happen. It costs real $$$.

platbrownguy Apr 12, 2005 10:35 pm

Damn. This really got my hopes up... gone in a matter of hours :(.

vivrant Apr 12, 2005 10:38 pm

It's still available based on my check a few moments ago....

tnw Apr 12, 2005 10:53 pm

I just booked two rooms July 8-11 and two rooms August 1-5 at the 35GBP rate. Booked it through SPG.com. Printed out rate details and confirmations. Maybe we all wake up tomorrow morning to find it was all a dream. But in the meantime, won't it be a great trip?

skye1 Apr 12, 2005 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by tnw
I just booked two rooms July 8-11 and two rooms August 1-5 at the 35GBP rate. Booked it through SPG.com. Printed out rate details and confirmations. Maybe we all wake up tomorrow morning to find it was all a dream. But in the meantime, won't it be a great trip?

I tried the July 8-11 dates and the August 1-5 on SPG and couldn't get 'em. I wonder what I'm doing wrong...
Noted that it does not particpate in Starwood Preferred Guest (on the hotel description on the SPG.com site...)
Dang, still can't get that rate.

sts603 Apr 12, 2005 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by skye1
I tried the July 8-11 dates and the August 1-5 on SPG and couldn't get 'em. I wonder what I'm doing wrong...
Noted that it does not particpate in Starwood Preferred Guest (on the hotel description on the SPG.com site....)
Dang, still can't get that rate.

I can't understand how one typo can be so finicky. Anyways, at 35 GBP - you wouldn't be getting many SPG pts anyways.

tnw Apr 12, 2005 11:11 pm

don't put in any bed or smoking preferences.

skye1 Apr 12, 2005 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by sts603
I can't understand how one typo can be so finicky. Anyways, at 35 GBP - you wouldn't be getting many SPG pts anyways.

oh yeah, a fantastic hotel like that, in London, for 35gbp/night...the points thing becomes a non-issue indeed....the typo-rate, however, remains elusive...

skye1 Apr 12, 2005 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by tnw
don't put in any bed or smoking preferences.

Thanks...great idea...had already thought of that and tried it. Still no luck.
Tried the spg.com site, tried the Regis site, tried orbitz, tried a couple of corproate codes, tried diferent pref's & no pref's, tried different number of people staying, tried several different dates....I guess *wood has fixed this....but could be wrong

Always Flyin Apr 12, 2005 11:57 pm

Oh my goodness.

I just got a week at the end of July for 35 Pounds a night on the SPG site.

This should be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Tak Apr 13, 2005 12:50 am

Another Bora Bora?

It is still available through SPG.com.
It could be the same mistake, 350 vs 35 as Bora Bora Nui.
Another very long discussion here?

I hope SPG will respond to all reservations right away.
In the case of Bora Bora, it took almost 2 weeks to notify the mistake.

beachfan Apr 13, 2005 1:14 am

What was the ultimate disposition of the Bora Bora reservations?

I was happy to see that I was able to grab a couple of different reservations (it seems to be easier to start on a Monday, but some Sunday starts were available), but now I feel I just wasted an hour, as things that are too good to be true......

rcs85551 Apr 13, 2005 1:22 am

NB: The GBP 35 rate requires a 3 night minimum stay. That's probably why many can't find it ;)

platbrownguy Apr 13, 2005 1:27 am

Originally Posted by rcs85551
NB: The GBP 35 rate requires a 3 night minimum stay. That's probably why many can't find it ;)

Are you still finding it? I've tried every possibly 3 and 4 night config for June and July and am not getting it :mad:.

Always Flyin Apr 13, 2005 1:28 am

The U.K. has some very consumer-friendly laws on the books. The Lanesborough will have a very tough time backing out of this. Since it is on multiple reservation sites, it is pretty clear that the mistake is likely attributable to the hotel, not to Starwood.

CT-UK Apr 13, 2005 1:55 am

It is still working.

July 4-7th came up at £35 per night with £105 total.

Thanks rcs85551 for the 3 night tip ^

SPG gave me confirmation that I have printed, It appears under my reservations on my SPG account and I have a confirmation email from the Lanseborough.

:D

luxury Apr 13, 2005 2:17 am

It should be kept in mind that the Lanesborough, while a St. Regis property, does not participate in SPG so stays will not accrue starpoints nor elite tier credit. SPG status will not grant you any upgrades; upgrades, even through Virtuoso and formerly Leading Hotels of the World were extremely tough to get.

However, a £35 a night rate for this property is literally robbery!! One cannot even stay at a Holiday Inn in Central London for that price, save perhaps, through Priceline.....

djohannw Apr 13, 2005 2:39 am

Seems to be gone - cannot find any dates in May, June or July at this rate... Good luck to those who got confirmed, however!

Greetings - Dirk

jyri Apr 13, 2005 2:49 am

Try August 25-28, still works!

Good luck!

luxury Apr 13, 2005 2:49 am

All I see are Summer Rates at £350 per night plus VAT.

rcs85551 Apr 13, 2005 2:50 am

It's still there... but sold out on many dates.

ozzie Apr 13, 2005 3:06 am

I booked for the same nights as you CT-UK. Why not ! I'm in London, but could do with the services of a Butler for a couple of days !

Also - if people are looking for a weekend, I got 18-21 August as well.

The free bottle of Champagne is probably worth more than one room night ....

RichLond Apr 13, 2005 3:27 am

you need to specify 2 people per room. The rate does not appear without it.

Also to get weekend if you add the monday and tuesday the friday through sunday seems to become available.

Caledonia Apr 13, 2005 3:30 am

Also got 18th-21st Aug.

Tried to then get another room for friends to join us but now unavailable.

many, many thanks to OP!

GUWonder Apr 13, 2005 3:32 am