Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis London (Lanesborough) for 35GBP a night!

St. Regis London (Lanesborough) for 35GBP a night!

Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Thumbs up St. Regis London (Lanesborough) for 35GBP a night!

I found a 35 pound per night rate at the Lanesborough London (St. Regis). It was on Orbitz (though not one of their special rates). I booked it and then logged on to the website, entered by name and CC # and the res. came up. Every screen including confirmation and rate details confirmed the same, including the free breakfast and airport transfers. I even changed my phone number and flight arrival details and uploaded them and everything worked fine. Anybody else ever check-in with a low rate and did you run into any trouble? I could understand if Orbitz screwed up they would say "no go" but with it printed clearly on Starwood letterhead, I'm having a hard time believing they can legally deny it.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 5:00 pm

it seems to me that you are confirmed and they will have to honor it. just print EVERYTHING out.
im trying to book that rate now for myself, can u tell me what days it was available?

thnx
r
Old Apr 12, 2005, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I'm getting 415 Pounds for the nights I will be in London.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 6:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
I tried to re-book same dates and different dates and couldn't get it. Jul 14th for 4 nights was what I got though. Best of luck - let me know if you get it.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 8:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The plot gets better

So I went to do the Best Rate Guarantee. So when I went to starwood.com find the rate that they were quoting for the same rate (Summer Rates: airport transfers, continental breakfast and champagne) I found the 35 GBP online. I booked it for one day longer and got a Starwood confirmation. Haven't cancelled the original orbitz one yet but I guess I will in a couple of days. Went back to try and do it again and it was gone. Seems like the computer error is happening in spurts. Best of luck.

Anybody though who has gotten something like this before, please report on your experience.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Thumbs up Amazing!

I was able to book this too!
EDIT: The below is through Orbitz

Guest name: XXXX
Hotel name: The LanesborougH
Address: Hyde Park Corner
London, SW1X 7TA
Phone number: (44)(207) 259 5599
Check-in date: Thu, Jul 14, 2005
Check-out date: Tue, Jul 19, 2005
Total number of guests: 2
Total number of rooms: 1 room
Room: Spacious deluxe room with marble bathroom: approx size 40sq. M/400sq.Ft: butler service. Not in spg
Rate description: Summer rates round trip airport transfers from lhr:lgw or eurostar: daily cont inental breakfast and champagne on arrival
Average rate per night : 35.00 GBP
Estimated total rate: 175.00 GBP

^ ^ ^ ^

Last edited by vivrant; Apr 12, 2005 at 9:13 pm
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:11 pm

WORKS ON SPG.COM TOO!!! I have two rooms booked!

EDIT: The below is through spg.com

Check in: Jul 14, 2005
Check out: Jul 19, 2005

1 Room, 2 Adults Per Room, 1 King
Beds: 1 King
Room Features: Deluxe Room, 24 Hr Comp Butler Service, Free Highspeed Internet Acces, Interactive Web Tv, , Spacious Deluxe Room With Marble Bathroom, Approx Size 40Sq. M/400Sq.Ft, Butler Service. Not In Spg

Average Daily Rate Per Room: GBP 35.00
Get complete details about this rate, taxes and other charges
Total For Room Rate Only: GBP 175.00

Last edited by vivrant; Apr 12, 2005 at 9:13 pm
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

So do you think they'll put up a fuss or just one really weird face at check-in?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:36 pm

Thumbs up St. Regis London (Lanesborough) for 35GBP a night!

Credit goes to sts603 for finding this, but if anything ever did, this for sure deserves its own thread!

Original Thread Here

Free airport transfers AND free breakfast. I'm looking for flights now!

Here are my details:

Orignally this deal was found on orbitz.com but it WORKS ON SPG.COM TOO!!! I have two rooms booked!

The Lanesborough
Hyde Park Corner
London, United Kingdom
(44) (20) 7259 5599

Check in: Jul 14, 2005
Check out: Jul 19, 2005

1 Room, 2 Adults Per Room, 1 King
Beds: 1 King
Room Features: Deluxe Room, 24 Hr Comp Butler Service, Free Highspeed Internet Acces, Interactive Web Tv, , Spacious Deluxe Room With Marble Bathroom, Approx Size 40Sq. M/400Sq.Ft, Butler Service. Not In Spg

Average Daily Rate Per Room: GBP 35.00
Get complete details about this rate, taxes and other charges
Total For Room Rate Only: GBP 175.00

Rate Plan Description: Round Trip Airport Transfers From Lhr,Lgw Or Eurostar, Daily Continental Breakfast And Champagne On Arrival

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

EDIT : Found flights too. Guess I'll be in London this July. Thanks SPG for the great offer!

Added by Moderator: The two threads have been merged together to focus what is sure to be a lively discussion in a single thread.

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Apr 12, 2005 at 10:28 pm
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:43 pm

Not sure at all, and my sincere apologies for thread jacking but I created a new thread for this since it really deserves it! Again, apologies, but I'm sure the thread I created will gain greater attention amongst our FT brethren. My hope is they will honor this. Heck, I've even booked my flights!

New Thread Here
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Darn! This must be fixed. Anyone know of any dates that might work? The summer rates is coming up at 350GBP. Someone must have missed a zero!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bworrell
Darn! This must be fixed. Anyone know of any dates that might work? The summer rates is coming up at 350GBP. Someone must have missed a zero!
It's gone in and out several times today. I have reservations 7/13-7/18 and 7/14-7/18. Vivrant was able to get two 7/14-7/19. I know the rate has a minimum 3 nights but I haven't been able to get any other 3 night combos.

See:
New Thread Here
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold
Amazing!

Last edited by NYEsq; Apr 14, 2005 at 4:54 pm
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:16 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bworrell
Can't seem to find it either....checked on Orbitz and SPG. Tried a few date combinations. Am I missing something? Any dates/sites working for this great rate?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I really think this must be gone, but I would be happy to be proven otherwise. With all the date combinations I try I can get the 1 King 'Summer Rates' room to come up, but it's showing at 350GBP instead. It's too coincidental that the ones that were able to get this rate were just missing the '0'. Someone must have typo'd the rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.