Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : left SPG Sep 27, '13: Sheraton Firenze Hotel - Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE : left SPG Sep 27, '13: Sheraton Firenze Hotel - Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:01 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
This hotel is out in the middle of nowhere so make sure to eat dinner before you go back to the hotel.
The kitchen in the hotel is not so bad, when I was there the dinner was always good and the wine list wasn't bad neither.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
The shuttle service is reduced to 3 times in the morning and 3 times in the evening.

Because of local detours there is no more a stop quite near at the Ponte Vecchio. The stop is now one bridge earlier. On both sides of the river Arno the direction of driving has changed for some streets.

The spread at the breakfast is a little bit smaller, no more bresaola and since the 22th of september the pool is closed ( like every year ).
Old Feb 19, 2012, 2:05 am

Moving down after 1st of March: cat. 2
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Air conditioning not/barely working last week. Make sure to ask for a lower level room that gets less sun. Not apparent how soon it was going to be fixed.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:14 pm

Can anyone share thoughts on getting to / from FLR or PSA at a reasonable cost ? Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by idainc
Can anyone share thoughts on getting to / from FLR or PSA at a reasonable cost ? Thanks.
There is a free shuttle to Santa Maria Novello station in FLR and from there you can take the train - about 15 euros to PSA.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:15 pm

Stayed there with a Preferred Account. Here some pictures:

http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....n-florenz.html
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
spending one night here soon....anyone stay here recently????
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:18 pm

If you want a cheap hotel then this isn't bad. We were there a few years ago - it is quite a ways out but public transit is viable. If I recall correctly, they also ran a shuttle service to the main train station for a few euros a person. The hotel is very basic when compared to other SPG properties in Europe.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cruiser9999
If you want a cheap hotel then this isn't bad. We were there a few years ago - it is quite a ways out but public transit is viable. If I recall correctly, they also ran a shuttle service to the main train station for a few euros a person. The hotel is very basic when compared to other SPG properties in Europe.
I have stayed at this property too. It worked well enough for us to take that shuttle back and forth to town every day during our stay, but that was before and after the peak periods for the hotel when I presume the shuttle bus may fill up.

It is really a nothing special property IMO and has a slight downside of a location not within walking distance of the historical center. Think charter bus tourists staying outside of town. I always see those there.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by cruiser9999
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I have stayed at this property too. It worked well enough for us to take that shuttle back and forth to town every day during our stay, but that was before and after the peak periods for the hotel when I presume the shuttle bus may fill up.

It is really a nothing special property IMO and has a slight downside of a location not within walking distance of the historical center. Think charter bus tourists staying outside of town. I always see those there.
thanks guys....i'm just thinking of stopping here for the night while driving back to milan....not expecting great things....just a clean room, comfy bed & decent breakfast....
Old Oct 20, 2012, 7:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Keyser
thanks guys....i'm just thinking of stopping here for the night while driving back to milan....not expecting great things....just a clean room, comfy bed & decent breakfast....
Plenty of parking space there.

It is fine for that purpose.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Plenty of parking space there.

It is fine for that purpose.
great....
Old May 3, 2013, 1:06 pm

New manager.

No more minibar, only a free bottle of water in it. Half litre. At least in my room.
If you need more than there is an automatic vending maschine near the elevators. There you can buy Coke and condoms, water and baby wipes, disposable razor and pantyliner, and so on...

The swimmingpool is closed.

Great staff like all the times.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:13 am

Sheraton Firenze ending participation

I have back to back free nights & cash & points for the end of October.

In an email they state they'll honor the free nights but NOT the cash & points stay. Somehow the assurance from SPG means very little and I'd hate to get there and have the hotel renege. I was also surprised at how the cash & points was handled.

I'm very uncomfortable even going to the hotel at this point. And our trip is based on free nights with no option to pay going rates elsewhere.

Any thoughts ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.