Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : left SPG Sep 27, '13: Sheraton Firenze Hotel - Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE : left SPG Sep 27, '13: Sheraton Firenze Hotel - Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2004, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by marlin
Subdawg-
How much for a cab after dinner?

I like the idea of the pool-relaxing in the afternoon. Was it a decent size?
Thanks
I took 6-8 cabs from this hotel to downtown in August of 2004. The price ranged from 11-17 Euro.

The pool is quite large by European standards.

The location is not good. The bar is very reasonably priced.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 8:26 am

We're just back from a 3 night stay at the Sheraton Firenze. We stayed there due to the low number of starpoints needed per night.

Positives: prompt shuttle to/from town - about a 20- 25 minute ride

clean

good cappuchino

Negatives: very dated - 1970's or 80's

very basic room with hard mattress, 1 bar soap, 1 shampoo

nothing to walk to

non-smoking room smelled of smoke

To tell you the truth - I am surprised this a Starwood property. The pool wasn't open when we were there (early June) and the tennis court was completely overgrown and had large branches on the court and huge weeds everywhere. The service was mixed - from indifferent to helpful. It seemed to cater to tour bus groups on a budget.

Last edited by mikki; Jul 8, 2007 at 5:24 pm
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, OnePass, Skymiles, AA
How can I reach Sheraton Firenze via e-mail?

SPG website displays only address and phone/fax data for Sheraton Firenze... no e-mail.
I needed assistance in making Uffizi reservations ahead of time and was hoping the hotel could/would help. [need two tics for May 17th, 2008]

Does anyone have any e-mail contact info for the hotel concierge?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:11 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by urvim
SPG website displays only address and phone/fax data for Sheraton Firenze... no e-mail.
I needed assistance in making Uffizi reservations ahead of time and was hoping the hotel could/would help. [need two tics for May 17th, 2008]

Does anyone have any e-mail contact info for the hotel concierge?
See if [email protected] works. It is the only published email address I could find.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 26, 2008, 7:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, OnePass, Skymiles, AA
Thanks!

Thanks! Lurker. I e-mailed them and they took care of it within 24 hrs. Great service!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 7:55 am

Programs: SPG gold member
Smile

We rented a car with my wife from Milan during easter and drove here for 3 days and continued to Rome from where we flew back.

Ok, it might not be the prettiest or the newest hotel. But it sufficed very well for us as a base to see Tuscany and Florence with our car. The shuttle works very well, although remember to be early for the last one back since it will probably get full and then you need to take a cab. Ample parking and the motorway entry very handily just half a mile away.

Bed was a bit hard, and true to italian style the breakfast not that special. But we loved the extended weekend. Service was good and the restaurant downstairs surprisingly good.

p.s. With just over hour's driving you can reach Montalcino, Montepulciano, Pisa and Siena for example. Designer factory outlets (Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, D&G, Bottega Veneto, Trussardi etc all closer than half an hour).

Last edited by ArcticShark; Apr 21, 2009 at 10:12 am Reason: typo, again
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:09 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
If only this hotel met some of the Sheraton brand standards, at least bedding would be a great start.

I would agree that the location is great if you are driving around the region.

Originally Posted by ArcticShark
We rented a car with my wife from Milan during easter and drove here for 3 days and continued to Rome from where we flew back.

Ok, it might not be the prettiest or the newest hotel. But it sufficed very well for us as a base to see Tuscany and Florence with our car. The shuttle works very well, although remember to be early for the last one back since it will probably get full and then you need to take a cab. Ample parking and the motorway entry very handily just half a mile away.

Bed was a bit hard, and true to italian style the breakfast not that special. But we loved the extended weekend. Service was good and the restaurant downstairs surprisingly good.

p.s. With just over hour's driving you can reach Montalcino, Montepulciano, Pisa and Siena for example. Designer factory outlets (Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, D&G, Bottega Veneto, Trussardi etc all closer that half an hour).
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:43 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by ArcticShark
ArticShark, welcome to the forum and thank you for your report.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 7:34 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I have stayed several times.
If you drive around tuscany, this is a good hotel.
I always use rent car so I liked this hotel over Grand or Westin.
Sheraton has free parking vs valet parking at Grand or Westin which costed around 40 eur per night.

On several occasions, I stayed first night at sheraton and parked my car there and next day I moved Grand by Hotel Shuttle(to Trains station and walk), and then back to Sheraton for final few days driving around country side and outlet shopping.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Currently on a cheap weekday stay for EUR 90, including breakfast.

Due to a combination of roadworks and peak hour traffic, the shuttle bus ride on a Thursday evening at 7:00 PM took about 35mn. Note that the shuttle schedule has not changed from the one listed in 2004 .

The shuttle driver was quite surprised to receive a EUR 2 tip, but I believed that my 22kg piece of baggage was justification enough. Warm welcome to the hotel at reception, who loaned me an electrical adapter as I had forgotten about the Italian plugs. Upgrade to a very large junior suite that was, as the rest of the hotel, quite dated, but not unpleasant.

Swisscom Internet access cheap by European standards (EUR 17 for 24 hours for Economy access), but US based travellers might disagree .

The only disappointment (in line with the room price and my expectations) was the poor quality of the food at the restaurant.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 4:21 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Had a nice stay there last weekend.

Rate was incredible cheap, got an upgrade to a very large room with a walk-in closet, a table for six, a desk and chair.

Also enough shampoo, bath foam and soap in the bath.

Breakfast ( excluding eggs etc. ) was included, if not: roundabout 20 € per person.

Free internet wlan powered by swisscom ( get a voucher at checkin ) in the room.

Free water.

Free shuttle.

Free parking.

There are also ice machines for free ice.

Nice and clean pool.

Gym seems to be modern.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Stayed in June

- Good a/c - it was hot out
- Dated, but clean with great staff
- Very good gym
- Very nice outdoor pool with plenty of towels
- Good prices on room service
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:54 am

Any updates from recent stays, especially regarding their shuttle service and schedule?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
I spotted their very nice-looking, 25-passenger shuttle at the train station one day in late Sept. According to the hotel website, it operates daily from 9am - 9:30pm.
Complimentary shuttle service for hotel guests to Santa Maria Novella Railway Station is available. The shuttle can accomodate up to 25 passengers. Tickets for the shuttle are available at the front desk 10 minutes before the shuttle departs. Availability of the shuttle is not guaranteed.
I would guess that the shuttle is hourly.

Despite lots of reports of free parking, their website currently says that parking is 13 - 16 EUR per day.

There are several public buses that stop nearby, too, and they typically operate until around midnight. It's about 7 minutes to walk to the bus stop for Bus 31 or 32. Google Maps can show you some of the public transportation options, though it is not comprehensive with all of the options.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Upposts mentioned designer factory outlets within an hour drive from hotel. Can some one provide specificity (name with location etc..)? Thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.