Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Hotel Des Bains, Venice left Starwood 11/1/2008 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Des Bains, Venice left Starwood 11/1/2008 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
Are there any updates stays at this hotel? I'm looking into it because the price is nice for May 2009 but TripAdvisor reviews say there was a fire sometime in February 2008 and it still isn't up to it's former glory.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 7:27 pm

Programs: NWA, Starwood, Continental, Hilton Honors
Hotel Des Bains - Stay at the Westin instead

I stayed there in April, 2008. The hotel is in a great location. I like the fact that it is away from Venice proper. The village of Lido around the corner from the hotel is very traditional and has a few decent restaurants.

Now the bad part. The hotel is very run down. The breakfast in the morning was ok, with the staff being very friendly. There was no attention to detail in the rooms or public areas. The rugs on the grand staircase were loose and one could easily trip and fall on them. The rooms were old and in need of renovation.

The exercise room was in a small meeting room with five or six machines and some free weights. I will not stay there again although I liked the location.

The Westin in Lido, where the free shuttle boat leaves from is a beautiful hotel and is also away from Venice proper. I would say to stay there, you'll be much happier.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, LT Plat - 9mm, Bonvoy LF Titanium, Hyatt LT Globalist,
Angry Des Bains was a huge disappointment

We stayed there in July, 2008. The hotel was basically empty. Stayed on spg award for 4 nts. No plat upgrade and the A/C didn't work at all. After sweating all night I called the GM to complain. He stated that the system was working as well as it could...He offered to move us to the Westin down the street. This was like a different country. Beautiful suite, ocean view, happy people and great location. Warning...do not try the Des Bains
Old Nov 1, 2008, 10:59 am
Community Director Emerita

This property has left Starwood as of November 1, 2008.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This property has left Starwood as of November 1, 2008.

Just discovered this...
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:20 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Wow i had a totally different experience at this property...

...but it was 2 years ago. As a Plat got a lovely waterview suite...the staff was very nice...really enjoyed the brekkie which was included on my points redemption, and the shuttel bus to take you to the water taxi at the westin was never more than a 5 minute wait. I loved staying in the Lido (have stayed at the danielli and the gritti palace before) as it was very peaceful and not full of the tourist hourdes. Funny thing is I didn't realize they had left *wood til I saw this post...they still send me an Xmas card every year. Too bad it has slipped so much.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 9:07 am

does anyone know what this HO10 Hotels is? http://www.ho10.net/
Old Apr 2, 2009, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HOTguy
does anyone know what this HO10 Hotels is? http://www.ho10.net/
i thought they were a small part of a large investment group headquartered in italy. they seem to own a number of hotels in spain and DR.

http://www.h10hotels.com/eng/index.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.