Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

How do I get off automated transfer to UA miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2005, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, HH Gold

I stayed at Westin and St Regis in the last two weeks and earned about 4700 points. However, all of them were transferred to United, even though I told them not to. Before my first stay was over, I read one post here that SPG offered gold status to some people in exchange for auto-deposit to united. Apparently, I was one of them even though the material I received did not indicate such a thing. It's deceptive practice to me. After I learned about this, I immediately emailed to the customer service to request op-out of the transfer. I received a reply immediately, but my points were still deducted when I checked later. Does anyone has such problem? How can I get back the points transferred? I'm not amused at what's going on and considering quiting the program.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by bobo809
I stayed at Westin and St Regis in the last two weeks and earned about 4700 points. However, all of them were transferred to United, even though I told them not to. Before my first stay was over, I read one post here that SPG offered gold status to some people in exchange for auto-deposit to united. Apparently, I was one of them even though the material I received did not indicate such a thing. It's deceptive practice to me. After I learned about this, I immediately emailed to the customer service to request op-out of the transfer. I received a reply immediately, but my points were still deducted when I checked later. Does anyone has such problem? How can I get back the points transferred? I'm not amused at what's going on and considering quiting the program.
From what I understand, they'll stop the auto-transfer, but you'll also lose the Gold status that they gave you.

Call the SPG number on your card and they'll take care of ya.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:59 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
It is too late to get the Starpoints once they transfer to an airline frequent flyer program. They only go in one direction when it comes to the airlines - outside SPG.

You can get the Direct Deposit option removed, but you will lose the Gold status. Call 888-625-4990 and they'll fix that for you.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Yes, it's removed, and I'm downgraded to preferred plus. The only difference with gold is one *point less. Gold - 3 pts, Preferred Plus - 2 pts. I can live with that.

They transferred some points after I told them to stop. I complained and they comped me the points, even though they could not deduct from my united account.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by bobo809
Yes, it's removed, and I'm downgraded to preferred plus.
Wow, great feedback. It was supposed to work that way for awhile, but it sounds like they have the programming right...

They transferred some points after I told them to stop. I complained and they comped me the points, even though they could not deduct from my united account.
^^^
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:52 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I actually had SPG Gold for about three years through NW. I also did not ever get anything explicitly saying that this was a direct deposit. I did not stay at *wood all that often though, so did not have it removed. I finally did this year though because I had some stays coming up, and don't fly NW anymore, so I decided to have it removed. When they did this, I lost the Gold status, but emailed customer support asking when my Gold actually expired. They responded saying that they would extend my Gold for a year based on recent stays. So now I get to keep my *points, but have to work for Gold this year
Old Mar 4, 2005, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I had this promo last year or the year before, I did see the auto-post to UA comment but had forgotten it until I stayed and watched those points get transferred to UA I called *wood and asked to remove the auto-txfr but somehow managed to keep my gold status. Good move on their point as I earned Gold myself last year.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 4:07 pm

I had gold through US Airways but was just comped to Platinum? Can I get the auto-transfer removed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.