Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milford CT 4pt - visit Yale

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2005, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Meriden CT 4pt - visit Yale

Has anyone stayed at this 4pt? We are visiting Harvard, than spending weekend in Boston. Tour of Yale starts at 9am Mon, so we don't want to drive from Boston (I think it is about 2 1/2 hour drive). We have a free nt promo up to Cat 4, hate to waste it on Cat 2, unless it is a nice place. Any suggestions? Other spg hotels seem to be 35-40 miles away. We are flying out of Hartford that afternoon. Thanks

Last edited by adgtravel; Feb 18, 2005 at 8:45 pm Reason: Wrong city
Old Feb 18, 2005, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know anything about the Milford 4 points, but if you have any Marriott points or want to try something with Marriott, there's a brand new Courtyard up in Shelton, CT - I did a stay up there a few weeks ago & it's essenstially a full-service hotel under the Courtyard name. Check it out if interested - www.marriott.com/bdrcy
Old Feb 18, 2005, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
There definately is not 4 Points in Milford, CT. Perhaps you mean the 4 Points in Meriden, CT? If you stay there, I would guess you'd be looking at 45 minutes at most to get to Yale.

If you decide the stay in New Haven, the best place to stay is the Omni. I've stayed there twice and is fine, but nothing special.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 6:15 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
There's a Four Points by Sheraton in Norwalk, which about 20 miles from Milford, CT, but no Starwood properties in Milford proper.

Looks like the one in Meriden is closer to New Haven, regardless.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by adgtravel
Has anyone stayed at this 4pt? We are visiting Harvard, than spending weekend in Boston. Tour of Yale starts at 9am Mon, so we don't want to drive from Bostton (I think it is about 2 1/2 hour drive). We have a free nt promo up to Cat 4, hate to waste it on Cat 2, unless it is a nice place. Any suggestions? Other spg hotels seem to be 35-40 miles away. We are flying out of Hartford that afternoon. Thanks
We are doing the same college visit trip in March. I would welcome any suggestions for hotels, car rentals (Boston to New Haven and back), and restaurants. Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, yes I should have said Meriden CT. Milford has a hampton I was also looking at. Thanks for info!
Old Feb 19, 2005, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Theres a very nice Westin and a Sheraton in Stamford. Which are both much nicer and better than the 4 Points in Norwalk. The westin is right next to the I-95 not far from New Haven but not next door either. The Sheraton is not far off the Merrit Pway which which can get you to New Haven via the I-95.
I think it would be around an hour drive from either. sorry dont know the Cats for either.
Then theres also a Sheraton in Bradly (BDL) dont know your flight plans. But maybe stay at a differenty chain in New Haven and use the BDL Sheraton for the night before your flight if that works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.