Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ameritrade Starwood offer [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Just funded for $25,00 and got 10,000 SPG within 3 days. Nice way to discount upcoming hotel bills.

Plan to park it for 6 months to collect the other 10,000. No harm since it wasn't earning another as cash at the bank. Have to avoid the temptation to buy something though...
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:59 am

Any idea if this will come back in 2012? The current offer expires at the end of the year. Not to keen on moving money around right now, but starting in January might be willing to.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
The fees for closing account is $75 for moving all assets. Usually, this fee is not applicable if one's account is all cash and you take all cash out. Can anyone confirm this is true for Ameritrade?

I suppose one could just take all the cash out without closing the account, leaving it at $0. Anyone actually close their account after taking all cash out with $0 fee?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 2cardinalalums
The fees for closing account is $75 for moving all assets. Usually, this fee is not applicable if one's account is all cash and you take all cash out. Can anyone confirm this is true for Ameritrade?

I suppose one could just take all the cash out without closing the account, leaving it at $0. Anyone actually close their account after taking all cash out with $0 fee?
Curious about this as well. My 9 months are up next week! Would appreciate any recent experience with closing out account and what, if any, charges were incurred.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by daiseee
Curious about this as well. My 9 months are up next week! Would appreciate any recent experience with closing out account and what, if any, charges were incurred.
I did this about a year ago. I don't even recall now what promotion prompted me to open the account, but it wasn't the SPG promo. Anyway, I took all the cash out of the account after meeting the promo requirements and was not charged anything. The account remains "open" but has no assets. Of course, YMMV. Good luck.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:43 am

Promo has been extended until end of Feb, I signed up and they asked for a promo code at the end of signup.

The code for this promo is 351.

With cash earning .7% this is a great deal. Thanks OP.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by daiseee
As a followup - I called to close my account earlier this week. Nothing came up about fees to do so. However, I notice that the agent did leave the account open - only now there is a 0 balance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.