Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion of Princeville Villas timeshare offers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:56 am

I just got this $798 offer in the snail mail today for Princeville - Westin Ocean Resort Villas. If I were to book it normally, how much money does this $798 offer save me?

I have kids. Is this a kid-friendly place or should it just be for me and the wife?

Looking for some opinions on whether I should really jump on this or not and if it's really the hotel for me. Is there any beach at all??
Old Mar 3, 2011, 7:52 am

What accomodations are you getting? They have studios (which sleep 4, with a mini kitchen), 1 bedrooms, and a 2br unit (which is a 1br+studio (lockouts)). The rooms are VERY nice.

There are definite activities for children there. If I still have an activity list from when I was there (Oct 2009), I'll see if I can scan it.

No beach onsite, the resort is on a bluff. I think there's shuttle service that will take you to the Princeville Resort, they have a beach there. If you don't mind hiking, there's a path (pretty steep one!) next to the the Villas that you can walk to get you down to the beach below the bluff.

Jeff
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: SPG Plat/Hyatt Plat/DL/AmexPlat/CO
Kid friendly! Absolutely. My wife and I got the same offer last year and went. It is a great resort - and, in my opinion, not for couples looking for a romantic interlude! We do not have young kids so will not go there again - but it was a fun week for a fairly short presentation.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by djmp
To be clear here: it would seem that the 5 day/SVO timeshare offers for the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas DO get stay/night credit? Can you confirm?
When I did one of the prepaid offers with SVO for 5 nights on Maui, I did not get stay credit or Starpoints. It was treated as a prepaid, 3rd party reservation even though that 3rd party is a subsidiary of Starwood.

See this May 2008 post from this same thread.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
We've bought a few of these "preview packages" from SVO and Marriott (at other resorts) and have never received stay credit or night credits. The excuse we were given is that the rate is not eligible even though it was booked through SVO or Marriott respectively.

I always hold it against them - asking for a $50k investment but being chitzy about something that costs you nothing. Doesn't speak well for the programme. YMMV.

Have fond memories of this property when I stayed here a decade ago during its prior incarnation as the Hanalei Bay hotel - will be interesting to see if SVO has done much in the way of upgrades. Like many we are debating St. Regis v. timeshares, but leaning towards the former since we aren't bringing the kids.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Yearly limit

If I recall correctly, there's a once a year eligibility for the promo/preview package. Does anyone know if that's from buy date or stay date? Eg if I bought in February 2010 but stayed in November 2010, would I be re-eligible in February 2011 or November 2011?
Old Jul 2, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, PriorityClub, Frontier Airlines
I also have the same question in regards to the one year timeline.

Also, does the $185 Avis credit require a certain number of rental days? In other words, if I wanted to rent a car for only 3 days could I use it for those 3 days?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by kevallen
Called SVO: they say it's one year from last stay date - unless someone refers you.

Last edited by djmp; Jul 15, 2011 at 10:40 pm
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
Would love a Princeville referral as well

[QUOTE=djmp;16736191]
Originally Posted by kevallen

Called SVO: they say it's one year from last stay date - unless someone refers you.
Thank you in advance
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Vistana Chairman
Originally Posted by clover
I would also appreciate a referral for Princeville. Please PM me here. Mahalo!^
Originally Posted by jayzee9

Thank you in advance
Both of you have received a PM.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: SPG - Gold, Delta - Silver
BUMP. Sorry to be a grub, but can someone refer me? I've never been to Hawaii but would love to go. TIA!
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:39 pm

Just had my honeymoon in Hawaii, would love to go back....

May the force be with you
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:35 pm

would love a referral - thanks
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:40 am

I'm headed to Kauai and would love a referral. Please PM me for more information.

Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 7:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Vistana Chairman
Originally Posted by cooperhs
I'm headed to Kauai and would love a referral. Please PM me for more information.

Thanks.
PM sent your way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.