Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Vacation Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2004, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Westin Vacation Offer

Did anyone else get the offer from Westin Vacations for 4 nights at the new Westin Kierland in Scottsdale, AZ? The deal is for 4 nights at $379 plus 8,000 bonus points or $100 in resort credit. I thought it was a deal where you had to sit through the time share promo, but it does not refer to that anywhere. All I have to do is book it in the next 15 days and pay up front, then reserve the rooms any time in the next 12 months....opinions or feedback from anyone who has ever used something like this would be appreciated!
Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Did anyone else get the offer from Westin Vacations for 4 nights at the new Westin Kierland in Scottsdale, AZ? The deal is for 4 nights at $379 plus 8,000 bonus points or $100 in resort credit. I thought it was a deal where you had to sit through the time share promo, but it does not refer to that anywhere. All I have to do is book it in the next 15 days and pay up front, then reserve the rooms any time in the next 12 months....opinions or feedback from anyone who has ever used something like this would be appreciated!
This is a good deal, for I would do it!
Old Jul 7, 2004, 5:21 pm

check the weather

It's a great resort, been there 2wice. If you go in the summer it can get uncomfortably hot.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Exclamation

Better check the fine print on the back. Mine (from Westin Kierland Villas - with slightly different offer) requires me to sit through a 120-minute presentation.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by cactuspete
Better check the fine print on the back. Mine (from Westin Kierland Villas - with slightly different offer) requires me to sit through a 120-minute presentation.
This is what I was afraid of....I'll double check and make sure it doesn't have that requirement. Those presentations are AWFUL!!!
Old Jul 7, 2004, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bsdstone
This is what I was afraid of....I'll double check and make sure it doesn't have that requirement. Those presentations are AWFUL!!!
Reports here are that Starwood Vacation Ownership presentations tend to be very low pressure (see, e.g. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175706 ). Also, I am interested to to see what dates are available for the stay. Could be a real nice deal.

Last edited by cactuspete; Jul 7, 2004 at 6:56 pm
Old Jul 7, 2004, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I plan on calling tomorrow to see about the weekend after Mothers day....I'll let you know if that is available.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 10:08 pm

I just received the two nights at the Villas for $129 + 10k Starpoints offer.

Went over to check it out. Looks like a fine property, but I am not sure I want to spend $129 to stay in the Villas and not earn status or starpoints. I personally love the Sales pitches. I always look forward to the point when the bring the heavy hitter over to try to get you to buy. It didnt matter that I told them upfront that I came in to get the 10k points. They still add some type of small talk to get their best sales guy over.

You ask : Why is the sky blue ?
Salesperson: I dont know, but let me have Joe Top Salesman answer that because he has been outside before and might know the answer.

So then the guy answers the question, then proceed to offer you a little more to get you to bite. Love to see it in action. Its gotta work, they sell too many of these things.

Ken in Phx
Old Jul 8, 2004, 9:55 am

We attended this presentation last fall. It was not high pressure at all. I really like the concept of Starwood VO but I really can't get past paying the monthly maint. fee ($60-70/month for this property I believe). This negates the whole value of vacation ownership to me. When that is factored in, I might as well stay at a Starwood, Marriott or anywhere else which gives me much more flexibility with the same outlay and also the possibility of a pricleline steal.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 10:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Offer is also available at other Starwood locations.

http://www.westinpreviews.com/amexspg/
Old Jul 15, 2004, 10:33 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
It is a very nice property, have stayed there twice.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 2:37 pm
db1

Excellent promotion. I just signed up for the Westin Maui. The CSR said no Timeshare pitch was required on this promo. So the only con is the low-level room you will likely get.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Gold, SPG lifetime
Originally Posted by db1
Excellent promotion. I just signed up for the Westin Maui. The CSR said no Timeshare pitch was required on this promo. So the only con is the low-level room you will likely get.
just signed up for westin maui as well. was told i've been upgraded to a studio room with washers and all that. the catch - i think - is that you will almost certainly get the windows facing the wrong side - the street or something.

anyways ... too late to do anything...
Old Aug 1, 2004, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These AMEXSPG deals look suspicious to me. They don't say it requires time share presentation but the fine print seems to imply that (you got to pick up your certificates from the Vacation desk).

The deals are just too good to be true - $289 for 10,000 points by itself is pretty good already.

Steven
Old Aug 1, 2004, 1:09 pm

A Good deal , wish I had some vacation time left to use these. Does anyone know if this continues into 2005?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.