Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by tenurn
Does anyone have a referral lying around? I'm trying to book my first trip to Maui on 3/2 - 3/7 for a wedding.
They usually book at least 4-5 months ahead with the referral. March is likely unavailable. It's a great deal, but needs some advance planning.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
UPDATE on Owner-Referrals

Update on owner-referrals for The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas and The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas:

It appears approximately 15%-20% of the owner-referrals I make do not result in an invitation from Starwood Vacation Ownership. I do not know the reasons for this and am unable to find any commonality in the referrals that are not successful. Many times I am asked to follow up with SVO on these unsuccessful referrals. I have obliged, however this has become a time-consuming effort and I am unable to continue this follow up service. I am not a travel agent and this service is being provided only as a courtesy to fellow FlyerTalk members. If I am currently following up on an unsuccessful referral for you, I will continue to do so, however for others I must change the service I am providing.

Effective immediately, I will be more than happy to continue to offer owner-referrals, however in the event you do not receive an invitation from Starwood Vacation Ownership I will no longer be able to follow up on the referral.

Remember, that your invitation from SVO may come in the mail or may come through a telephone contact.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:28 am

Looking at renting a 2 br unit from a timeshare owner. The view is floating view, that means I will not be able to know until august. any experience how good my chanes are to get ocean view? It will be in august. Will a 50 Dollar tip to the check in guy help.... As we are traveling from quite far, I dont want to be stuck with a island view

Thanks and happy new year
Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:06 am

You will get the view that is owned by person you are renting from, provided owner reserved unit from 8 to 12 months prior
Ask the owner what is view, no $50 won't help
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA EP 4+ million miles, Ambassador+ Elite
Looking for a referral, please. Thank you.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
You will get the view that is owned by person you are renting from, provided owner reserved unit from 8 to 12 months prior
Ask the owner what is view, no $50 won't help
Well, she/he told me its a floating view. Does that mean its the luck of the draw or does the owner have a view, thats just not confirmed?
Sorry, but I am new to this
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:50 am

Could I ask for PM as well?

Originally Posted by controller1
Aloha. PM has been sent to each of you.
Starwood told me they could offer me a timeshare package if I could give them the name of any current owner? Could I ask for that from you? I would be very grateful.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:47 am

Any chance I could ask you for a big favor? Starwood will allow me to book one of their timeshare packages if I can give them the name of any current Starwood owner. There is no obligation or cost to the owner...I just have to have a name to receive any package offered. I would be so grateful for help here.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by moebod
Well, she/he told me its a floating view. Does that mean its the luck of the draw or does the owner have a view, thats just not confirmed?
Sorry, but I am new to this
If the person owns a unit it is either ocean or island view, don't believe there is a floating view. If they made their reservation then they are not guaranteed what they own and you could get an island view. Depending on whether it's WKORV north (only a few bad views) or south (many parking lot/highway views) you could easily get an island view.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by lsills
Any chance I could ask you for a big favor? Starwood will allow me to book one of their timeshare packages if I can give them the name of any current Starwood owner. There is no obligation or cost to the owner...I just have to have a name to receive any package offered. I would be so grateful for help here.
Welcome to Flyertalk, lsills. You might try sending a Private Message to controller1 in case he just doesn't notice this thread.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by wilma
If the person owns a unit it is either ocean or island view, don't believe there is a floating view. If they made their reservation then they are not guaranteed what they own and you could get an island view. Depending on whether it's WKORV north (only a few bad views) or south (many parking lot/highway views) you could easily get an island view.
I agree. They do have Floating weeks however. AFAIK the only 2 weeks that are owned specifically are Christmas and another week which coincides with a major Japanese holiday. Bear in mind that each unit has potentially 52 owners and they can't all have the same weeks at the same time. Even as an owner, if we do not book the week we want at the 1 year window (I believe) eve we are not n guaranteed the view we "own" . If I book 4 months before I travel, even though we own an Ocean View, I may only receive Island View or Garden View ( whatever they call it ). That is because other owners with the same view may have booked the week I want with more notice. This time of year is peak season for them so you may find your way down the pecking order.

We have always been lucky in reality but typically when we have exchanged to another Starwood Time share, (eg. Atlantis Harborside or Westin Cancun) we have received among the worst views available for that reason. We can only request those other locations at the 8 month stage by which time their own owners have taken priority. I always thought it would make sense to use a couple of the nicer units for these trial stays, in the hope of selling you a unit, but, other than at the Westin Princeville, that has never happened.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by wilma
The deeded view only applies if the owner made the reservation between 12 and 8 months in advance of arrival. During that period, any reservation made will only be in the deeded view category.

After 8 months in advance of arrival, everything is a floating view, as your unit will not be assigned until a short time before arrival, and is subject to a priority scheme, based partly on timestamp (earlier bookings likely get better units), ownership (those owning more units may get better units) and other factors (dud you book this as a "hotel" room, are you an owner, trading in from another Starwood property, or through some third party like Interval)
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
I'm curious if anyone knows anything about the status of Lot 3, i.e. the fenced off area to the north of the current resort next to Honua Kai. I had heard Westin was stuck due to issues with water rights. Does anyone know if construction is likely to proceed any time soon?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
I am just back from 10 nights there and the word is that progress is being made with the county, etc. but formal announcement may still be more than a year away.

Originally Posted by stewlevine
I'm curious if anyone knows anything about the status of Lot 3, i.e. the fenced off area to the north of the current resort next to Honua Kai. I had heard Westin was stuck due to issues with water rights. Does anyone know if construction is likely to proceed any time soon?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:15 pm

Hello,

Can somebody please give me referral ? Planning for marriage anniversary in April.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.