Wiki Posts
Search

Recent stays missing, were on old SPG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
Recent stays missing, were on old SPG

Sorry if this had been discussed elsewhere, I searched a bit and couldn't see any thread??

Now,
I had a couple of stays the week leading upto the merger ( 11th & 13th ). I noticed the first one ( regular paid stay at a westin if that matters ) did show on my spg account prior to the weekend of merger & points added ( it showed there on 15th with points added to total that same day ) . Now, after the merger it is no longer showing under activity nor yearly night count - but the points are still there? On the spg app I get the message you about "we have your data, recent stays in merged" and then when I click on the link to view that I get what you are seeing below. Has been same few days now, so I was curious if anyone else experience similar? If so did the nights & activity show up automatically after sometime or should I put in missing stay form after a while??

BTW I have not merged and do not plan to until after my next stay at westin next week.

Thanks in advance : ))

Last edited by somedudefromFLa; Aug 22, 2018 at 6:40 pm
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Everyone here has basically similar and different issues, all littered throughout the 20+ live threads at the moment. I would say to wait a bit (a few more days?) to give Marriott a chance to sort everyone's info out.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
Thanks, and that's what I was thinking to just give it time...

Just really weird to get the points but not see the stay activity / credit, but I geuss all sorts of weird things are going on. Hopefully Marriott will sort it all out soon
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by somedudefromFLa
Thanks, and that's what I was thinking to just give it time...

Just really weird to get the points but not see the stay activity / credit, but I geuss all sorts of weird things are going on. Hopefully Marriott will sort it all out soon
If you have some spare time and feel like reading about some of the many weird "goings on" here... you won't feel so bad about your situation.

In this case, I would say for many of us here, that misery loves lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of company.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:18 pm

I have a few missing stays right before the 8/18 merge (8/13-8/16). Booked 3 rooms at The Nines in Portland, OR and got credit for the stays and the nights as it showed up in my SPG account and app. Now that they're missing and Marriott/SPG are under the same umbrella, I'm wondering if I'll only get credit for one room instead of all 3. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a screenshot. Fingers crossed!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I guess it's not the best time to ask for a copy of your Master Statement.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:28 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
See here: Worried abt MR errors? See all SPG stays since 1/1/2015 here.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
In this case, I would say for many of us here, that misery loves lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of company.
Yup.

I don't see Marriott fixing most of these. They'd have to audit every account, and there's no way they have the resources to do that. They're struggling just to keep the booking engine functional right now, let alone address all the varied system fails.

This is by far the most bungled merger or program change I've ever seen. Makes Hyatt's transition to WoH look like a masterpiece.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yup.

I don't see Marriott fixing most of these. They'd have to audit every account, and there's no way they have the resources to do that. They're struggling just to keep the booking engine functional right now, let alone address all the varied system fails.

This is by far the most bungled merger or program change I've ever seen. Makes Hyatt's transition to WoH look like a masterpiece.
And the mayhem in the related forums... I've lost track of all the issues people are having.

I was a merger virgin until now.

On the missing stays side, I'm lucky to not have anything missing because my last actual SPG night this year was back in March.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by BonViveur
See here:
Yes!!! Thanks
Looks like one of the three is still missing, but at least there's some proof of it being there
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Yup.

In this day and age, it's a "fix" a programmer can do in due time I'm sure. It's just a matter of time to write the coding for the scripts to run. In the interim, we just need to sit tight. Just one of those first world life curve balls.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
just talked with hotel yesterday with hotel about missing stay (before 18)... they have an issue with the system, the new marriott number is not updated in SPG system and they don't know if posting works or not on the old number... big mess... wait and see
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:06 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Yup.

Wasn't WoH a name change? In any case, it is my understanding that SPG stays from 1 Aug are affected by this problem, and it should be resolved by Friday when they announce even more bad news.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by uxb
Wasn't WoH a name change?
It was a pretty substantial IT update, though agreed nothing like the scale of this project.

Originally Posted by uxb
In any case, it is my understanding that SPG stays from 1 Aug are affected by this problem, and it should be resolved by Friday when they announce even more bad news.
lol, though what I would expect on Friday is more false statements that everything's going smoothly and the few remaining minor problems will all be resolved shortly
uxb likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by somedudefromFLa
Sorry if this had been discussed elsewhere, I searched a bit and couldn't see any thread??

Now,
I had a couple of stays the week leading upto the merger ( 11th & 13th ). I noticed the first one ( regular paid stay at a westin if that matters ) did show on my spg account prior to the weekend of merger & points added ( it showed there on 15th with points added to total that same day ) . Now, after the merger it is no longer showing under activity nor yearly night count - but the points are still there? On the spg app I get the message you about "we have your data, recent stays in merged" and then when I click on the link to view that I get what you are seeing below. Has been same few days now, so I was curious if anyone else experience similar? If so did the nights & activity show up automatically after sometime or should I put in missing stay form after a while??

BTW I have not merged and do not plan to until after my next stay at westin next week.

Thanks in advance : ))

Originally Posted by uxb
Wasn't WoH a name change? In any case, it is my understanding that SPG stays from 1 Aug are affected by this problem, and it should be resolved by Friday when they announce even more bad news.
I have the exact same problem going on: Points available but the elite night counts / lifetime nights NOT transferred over! SPG / Marriott has made a big mess. Hope they are able to sort it out!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.