Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Canada SPG Refresh

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Amex Canada SPG Refresh - 50k Signup Bonus

Looks like newly refreshed 50k welcome bonus coming today...

https://www.americanexpress.com/cana...CPID=100319444

Looks low! Will have to wait and see!

Last edited by mjrobson; Aug 21, 2018 at 8:24 am Reason: edit title
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
Weak signup bonus, and still no confirmation of any elite night credit for this card...
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by smokie
Weak signup bonus, and still no confirmation of any elite night credit for this card...
See I was thinking it was an awesome bonus, but then I stopped for a second. I guess this is 50k of the new points? So 16,666 of the old SPG points...I mean, I'd love to get that bonus, but I've already got the card (since 2015) so I guess I'm not really eligible.

No elite night credits, not that it matters to me, BUT I did get a letter about a month ago that mentioned card holders would get a certificate for 1 free night per year, didn't say what category, but I presume 1-4/5 like my old Marriott card was. Really nice cuz it basically cancels out the annual fee if used right. Plus it helps a lot when I'm in need of a single night while flying through a city or something. But I've seen no other info about it. Anyone find anything?

Nice to see I can log into my account now, but I was never emailed with my new number or anything, I just found it via the app, because logging in with my email takes me to my old marriott account that has 717 points, instead of my NEW account which has like 160,000. I'm a bit underwhelmed as far as the communication goes during the process...though it seems they've executed the process fairly well.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:02 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the free night stay with this card only upon your anniversary - so one year from sign up. Meaning, you pay your $120 fee when you sign up for the bonus only (that is, if you qualify for the bonus).

The 15 nights are coming early next year when the card is rebranded.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by pokee
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the free night stay with this card only upon your anniversary - so one year from sign up. Meaning, you pay your $120 fee when you sign up for the bonus only (that is, if you qualify for the bonus).

The 15 nights are coming early next year when the card is rebranded.
The sign up bonus is medium -- we have seen 10K, 15K and 20K (rarely) over the years. So, this is 16,666 -- mid range.
Where did you find out about 15 qualifying nights next year? It is never been a feature in Canada..
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:35 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Medved
Where did you find out about 15 qualifying nights next year? It is never been a feature in Canada..
Yes, it was announced at the end of June, along with the free night changes. However I don't believe the total of elite nights has been confirmed?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I am cutting this card when the annual fee comes up. Any other alternatives for a small business owner?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.