Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Online Petition to Marriott - Recognize SPG LTP with MR LTPP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online Petition to Marriott - Recognize SPG LTP with MR LTPP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Keyser
how many of these 750 marriott nights have been earned via the chase marriott card or by booking meeting rooms????if spg allowed nights to be credited for upto 3 rooms then marriott allowed nights to be credited by other means as well....so in my opinion this argument doesn't hold....

give those with over 750 spg nights the same status as those with over 750 marriott nights....this would be the most fair thing to do....

in fact, marriott has a great opportunity here to get the loyalty of even those spg lifetime members who are between 500-750 nights....i don't think there would be more than a few hundred members who are in this boat....giving them the higher status would be a great goodwill gesture that will ensure they don't move to any other brand....
Only a few hundred? Where did you get this estimate? It would surely be considered proprietary information by Starwood.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: SPG, MR, WOH, HH, IHG
Originally Posted by X-ON
Ok, since you refuse to understand
Are you talking to yourself? I don't have time for endlessly repeating my post, thus all I can say is look closely what I've wrote.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by epiahtles
Are you talking to yourself? I don't have time for endlessly repeating my post, thus all I can say is look closely what I've wrote.
I fail to understand your definition of unfairly treated.
My definition of fair treatment is to value your past loyalty in the SPG and MR loyalty function and taking the maximum of these two outcomes, what is your definition? Just because two members have no status in one program do not mean that they need to obtain the same status after valuation under the other program.
I would say on the contrary that the fact that they get differnt statuses at the end is actually fair.

Take your example with member X and Y from before:
Ax={#nights=250,#Elite years=5,#points=500K}
Ay={#nights=500,#Elite years=10,#points=1M}

Implies from the functions defined earlier

Member X: max(None.,LTG_SPG)=>LTG
Member Y: max (None,LTP_SPG)=> LTP

I don't see how X can be feel unfairly treated against Y just because both have no status in MR but their activity is valued differently under the the SPG function. Their activity sets are dramatically different hence their valuation under SPG, there exists only two explicit ways to value past loyalty SPG or MR.
Hence you need to value each members activity under these two mappings, this is the the only fair method to value past loyalty between the program equally.

Last edited by X-ON; Apr 24, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:53 pm

I think there are a lot of members like myself who have spend over 1,000 nights at Starwood and spent the majority of our young and middle aged work lives staying at their hotels. If our loyalty is deemed now to be second tier in the new program then Marriott will lose our loyalty and business other than spending down our accumulated points which for me will be 5 million Marriott equivalent and my 100 plus paid nights will go to someone else.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
I am in a support of this petition. Marriott should make it fair and set a proper night/spending threshold for both SPG and Marriott lifetime member.
The argument that SPG did not have LPT75 is not valid because new PL75 is not SPG PLT75. Also, the new pool of PLT members will be diluted
and I highly doubt that the new Starriott/Marriwood would ever generate the same level of excitement for customers as SPG did.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
I agree
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Only a few hundred? Where did you get this estimate? It would surely be considered proprietary information by Starwood.
its purely a guess....there could be more & there could be less....
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Lifetime Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Totally agree. I have almost 900 nights with SPG and have spent close to $180K (eligible revenues) over the past 10 years. If this is not enough to qualify LTPP status then I will take my business elsewhere.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I agree.

Like this petition as it keeps it simple, namely SPG LTP should be treated the same as Marriott LTP. The moment you start arguing over nights and other qualifying factors, you split down and dilute the request in a way that some people are already unhappy about. (i.e. we should be treated the same as Marriott). Both SPG and Marriott had their own routes to LTP and those who have earned it, have done so in good faith against the criteria required and should ideally be treated equally. Those SPG members trying to segment SPG LTP by different criteria are doing exactly what they are complaining about Marriott doing, by not treating everyone equally. We're all SPG LTP and I would hope that everyone gets LTPP. If only some receive it, then let the next wave of complaints begin. This petition is inclusive, so full support here.
Pitero likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RAPC
I agree.

Like this petition as it keeps it simple, namely SPG LTP should be treated the same as Marriott LTP. The moment you start arguing over nights and other qualifying factors, you split down and dilute the request in a way that some people are already unhappy about. (i.e. we should be treated the same as Marriott). Both SPG and Marriott had their own routes to LTP and those who have earned it, have done so in good faith against the criteria required and should ideally be treated equally. Those SPG members trying to segment SPG LTP by different criteria are doing exactly what they are complaining about Marriott doing, by not treating everyone equally. We're all SPG LTP and I would hope that everyone gets LTPP. If only some receive it, then let the next wave of complaints begin. This petition is inclusive, so full support here.
I agree
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:04 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
I agree. In addition they should combine nights/lifetime points to determine lifetime status in this calendar year and grant LTPP accordingly.

As someone with 2.7million+ points if combined and 1100 nights I'll be pretty peeved if I don't get LTPP and will start considering a run for lifetime HH Diamond. I'll have already achieved top billing as LTP at that point.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by schley
The CC for 15 is once a year.

However, the 1 night per 3k is unlimited.
This completely devalues the legacy MR argument. I would have gotten 50 plus nights a year without even setting foot in a hotel. The argument that somehow SPG LTP was more easily obtained (either through 750 or even 500 nights) is without much basis given that fact.
schley likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
750 night SPG lifetime plat, sure. 25 one-nighter stays at base platinum, don't really see the rationale
the issue with that rationale is that that person would have had to be platinum for enough years for those stays to add up to 500nights. And, they would have been loyal over a large number of years.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:01 am

I agree.

I agree with that completely. The legacy SPG 750 folks seem to be willing to throw some legacy SPG plats under the bus for their own benefit.

If we are going to start testing loyalty, let’s just create a lifetime spend hurdle and see who makes the cut. That might eliminate all of the noise about nights and points.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I agree.

So in that case I disagree. SPG Plat = 50 nights = MR Gold = New Plat. If all SPG LTP become LTPP then it's unfair for MR LTG. Not Marriott fault if SPG did not offer LTP75. Not Marriott fault as well if SPG did not offer qualifying night for SPG Amex.
Yes SPG Plat were matched in MR Plat during the previous years but that was a temporary, special generous offer to make SPG Elite try Marriott hotel (and even more for SPG Gold). Now it looks like some SPG folk have too much expectation...
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.