Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Online Petition to Marriott - Recognize SPG LTP with MR LTPP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online Petition to Marriott - Recognize SPG LTP with MR LTPP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:32 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I agree
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, United 1K + Million Miler, Hertz President's Circle
SPG Lifetime Platinum with over 750 nights @ ADR of $350+

I AGREE! Just joined the Facebook group as well.

It appears that David Flueck is looking into it which is greatly appreciated. However, if Marriott does not recognize the SPG loyalists who have also spent over 750 nights or more Starwood (in my case I have an additional 250+ nights Marriott), it will be time for us to take our loyalty elsewhere.
schley likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Agree ^

I say:
Put a set of criteria out that applies to all members of the joint programs as of 12/31/2018 based on what they are bringing into the new program and allow both groups to move forward together to LTPP.
OR
Allow people in a specific pathway to earn LTPP.
I could see something like having 1000+nights in any 1 program OR having 750 nights in any 1 program + earning PP before 12/31/2019 or 2 out of the next 3 years? Personally, it would motivate me and give me a reason to stay with the new program.
damon88 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
I agree. I have joined the Facebook group too.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:23 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
I agree.

Marriott should note that Starwood has far fewer footprint than Marriott so those that put in 10 years and SPG best customers. So it's not only the 750 nights that should get the MR LTPP or else it would be US heavy. You need to be tentitive to those non-US based members that really went out of their way to stay at Starwood in locations with far fewer of them AND made it to Lifetime Status.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
I agree.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:38 pm
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
I agree. Hopefully they will at least provide a pathway to achieve LTPP through combined nights in the future, even if it is 1000 nights, still makes me feel better.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I agree
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:13 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I obviously would love to receive grandfathered status along with the Marriott LTPs.

But if that is not possible I love the idea of leaving a path for existing SPG LTPs to reach LTPPE- even if that tier is closed to new members.

Again, this is the only major area where I feel Marriott dropped the ball. I know others believe it was a calculated move, but Marriott has so far been making fair decisions- my sense is they didn’t really think out the implications on this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
I agree.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
As someone who is LTP with 660 SPG nights and having an additional 550 MR nights, I definitely agree.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
I agree.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Curiously, given that Spg points can be earned up to 3 rooms per booking, does the nights booked for other people included in the count of lifetime night count? If so I understand why Marriott does not want 750 nighters LTPP, as it could be just 250 nights for 3 rooms.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I disagree. The lesser elite in front of me for upgrades, the better
More seriously, I agree for SPG LTP with >750 nights. No need for a spend requirement, as they were already the 10 years requirement which was not in the Marriott program.
Also, I vote to make LTPP still accessible to new members, with a very high threshold (I suggest 15 years of PP status + 1250 nights)
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I agree

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.