Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Online Petition to Marriott - Recognize SPG LTP with MR LTPP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online Petition to Marriott - Recognize SPG LTP with MR LTPP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by X-ON
I am sure somebody at MAR is tasked with monitoring the reaction to the merger, on social media and elsewhere. Whether that information makes it to somebody that matters is of course a different story.
Yes, it would be wise for them to know what's being said and how it's being received. However, MR gave up on FT years ago in favor of their Marriott Insiders site. Rumor at the time was so they could control what gets posted.
Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE
I agree. Know my SPG Ambo is looking at this per our conversation.
Yes, SPG has been on FT for quite some time, and especially the Lurkers have been quite helpful as issues have popped up and keeping us informed. I'm just not too sure how integrated they are with the current MR program and their ability to get feedback to the right group.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat, SPG Plat
I Agree
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree.^
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by yvr76
Marriott also allowed 15 nights / year with their credit cards. In the US, you could do this with the AMEX SPG card (5 nights), although this was never made available to other countries (Canada etc.) Both had different ways of getting additional room nights.
Was this capped at 15 nights or was it $3K=1 Night without a cap? Either way, that would have meant that I only needed 60 nights per year to make MRP and over the 15 years I have been traveling extensively with SPG would have amounted to 225 nights without spending a minute in a hotel with MR. Further, I'm pretty sure that the SPG Amex bonus of 5 nights does not count towards the lifetime nights. This is one of the points of contention from the SPG side, which is that we had to spend 500+ nights over 10 years actually in a bed. I suppose the 3 rooms count was a contributor for some, but I can tell you that in my 600+ nights, I booked a second room once.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Score8
Was this capped at 15 nights or was it $3K=1 Night without a cap? Either way, that would have meant that I only needed 60 nights per year to make MRP and over the 15 years I have been traveling extensively with SPG would have amounted to 225 nights without spending a minute in a hotel with MR. Further, I'm pretty sure that the SPG Amex bonus of 5 nights does not count towards the lifetime nights. This is one of the points of contention from the SPG side, which is that we had to spend 500+ nights over 10 years actually in a bed. I suppose the 3 rooms count was a contributor for some, but I can tell you that in my 600+ nights, I booked a second room once.
15 nights every year + 1 add'l night every $3K/spend

With the Marriott rules, my 9 years of SPG AmEx ownership + spend would have gotten me ~250 add'l lifetime nights...LT Silver by itself
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
i Agree

CC
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy LTT,
I agree that SPG LTP with 750+ Nights should = new program LTPP
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I agree!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
What do we want?

Equality!

When do we want it?

August 2018!

Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
I agree!!!!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:20 am

I agree
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:33 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stimpy
What do we want?

Equality!

When do we want it?

August 2018!

😊
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Well, the thing is, at some point you have to draw a line and some people won't be happy. Because:
- now MR LTP get LTPP to match what they were promised. SPG LTP don't get it. Let's say, to be fair, SPG LTP with +750 SPG night get LTPP to be fair.
- then SPG LTP with +750 nights in both program don't get it. They complain because, well they stay in Marriott hotels during the previous year, so Marriott give them LTPP
- then SPG LTP with 500-750 nights complain, because, they did not get any night credits for having the SPG Amex during all that time and Marriott memebrs got 15 nights with Chase. So Marriott give LTPP to all SPG LTP
- then SPG member with +500 nights but without LTP (because they did not get 10 years of SPG Plat) complain, because, Marriott members did not have the time requirement. So Marriott give them LTPP
- then Marriott members complain because, SPG did not impose a spending limit, so they give LTPP to everyone with +500 nights
Then with that many LTPP, all the other complain because they is not any more upgraded room for anyone without +500 nights done before Dec 31, 2018.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:03 pm

750 night SPG lifetime plat, sure. 25 one-nighter stays at base platinum, don't really see the rationale
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
The CC for 15 is once a year.

However, the 1 night per 3k is unlimited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.