Interior Lining Material: Rawhide/Suede-like material
Length at base: 8 inches
Length between widest points: 10 inches
Height: 6.5 inches
Width at base: 2 inches
Made in China

Thank You Card
Dear Member,

You really know how to live the SPG® Life.

To celebrate an incredible year of your travels, please enjoy this exclusive gift to help keep your most important things together as you travel. It's just one way of saying thanks for choosing our hotels and resorts - you deserve it. You're an important part of SPG, and we look forward to being a part of your travels in the future.

Happy holidays, and here's to many more adventures in the New Year.

- Your friends at SPG
The originating sender address shows as
7200 93rd Ave North, Unit 140
Minneapolis, MN 55445

Is this targeted? To whom?
Anecdotal accounts in this thread show that majority of recipients are LTP, but not all LTP have received it at this point.
Reports here indicate the package/gift is not confined to USA.

Also, some members, such as schley, reported receiving a different package as described below:

Originally Posted by schley
I got a nice package with 3 different jars of spreads. Honey, and 2 jams I believe. It came with a nice handwritten card thanking me for my loyalty and that this year I should hit my 10th year and become lifetime platinum. Very nice gesture and much appreciated.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29252939-post40.html
Print Wikipost

Holiday Gift Pouch from SPG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I got one as well. A nice surprise.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by CPRich
Note to self: Remove UKTraveller4Fun from gift list. It's not the thought that counts, it's the cost.
The point is as far as I can tell there is little thought there and thats the issue! It is inferior to pretty much every free washbag I have got from flying and as such is completly useless to me! It is also nothing to really do with SPG and is as basic as it gets no internal pouches etc. If they had sent me a set of Bliss or St.Regis bath products I would have been happier as it would be something I can use!

Ideally they could ahve sent nice email wishing me Happy Christmas and asking would you like us to send you this SPG branded bag / arrange a bottle of wine at your next stay or even a donation to charity instead any of these would have shown thought! The cost and waste in sending this product from a company that when I stay claims it thinks of the environment with the only replacing things when you request etc is to me somewhat unthoughtful!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by GB
Got mine today. The packaging was nice. The actual product is extremely cheap and looks that way. Honestly, it was a huge letdown after seeing the packaging. I would estimate SPG spent about fifty cents on the bag and $10.00 on the box and freight.
Then please add some hotel or airline amenities you may have (soaps, shampoos, etc) and donate it to a shelter, where it will be much more appreciated.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:04 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Sorry for the rant, but I really must protest lurkers. It’s bad enough that I’ve been excluded from all select member exclusives, past annual gifts like the Vosges chocolate, or even a robe when I turned LTP. Being excluded from what has been described here as a tacky pencil case just comes across as petty.
atxtraveler likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Global Services / Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
I got one too as lifetime plat. I appreciate the fact that there was thought here, but frankly the minimal degree of thought makes this a failure. I presume all of us have exactly what we want and need when it comes to bags, toiletry bags,, etc. So this is exactly what I don't need and I find it funny that this is what the marketing department thinks someone who travels a lot "needs" or would enjoy as a gift. I would much rather a thank you card by itself, and the opportunity to donate whatever it cost to make and ship this to a few selected charities or similar. I will donate this as it is. Again, appreciate the recognition, but very poor execution.
UKTraveller4Fun likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm happy to say that I got the gift, although I hope it's not a farewell gift.

ADDED: I was curious about the Minneapolis return address and don't worry, SPG is not relocating to the frozen north. It's Point B Solutions/Marketing, which describes itself as an e-commerce service. The location is in a northern suburb of Minneapolis, north of I-694 near US 169 in Brooklyn Park.

ADDED AGAIN: USPS tracking says it was sent from a "partner facility" (DHL ECOMMERCE) in Melrose Park IL (the ipcode looks like it must be near Chicago) in the very early morning of December 19th and arrived at the Minneapolis post office on Friday December 22nd close to 6:60 pm, before being delivered (I don't believe this) in the early morning of Saturday December 23rd.
travelista likes this.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Dec 27, 2017 at 6:53 pm
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:26 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I got the pouch gift yesterday. It’s from SPG Amex. Not SPG. So perhaps that’s why some people got it and others didn’t. I spend probably several $100K on that Business card.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
I got the pouch and dont have an SPG Amex. And I’m also quite happy to have a new storage solution for cables while traveling. I’m a fan.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:47 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I got the pouch gift yesterday. It’s from SPG Amex. Not SPG. So perhaps that’s why some people got it and others didn’t. I spend probably several $100K on that Business card.
I have an SPG Amex and still didn’t get it. I’ve been excluded from everything for a number of years. I’m not sure why this is the case, and no one has weighed in, so whatever.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Where do you get that its from SPG AMEX, there is no indication on mine that it is. The little note even says its from 'Your friends at SPG'
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:46 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Where do you get that its from SPG AMEX, there is no indication on mine that it is. The little note even says its from 'Your friends at SPG'
The sticker outside the packaging and the enclosed card had the (SPG) Amex logo on them. Sounds like my packaging indicating SPG Amex wasn’t consistent with everyone else’s, though.

Of course, I really couldn’t care less, to be honest. Everyone swooning over or complaining about this gift pouch is pretty laughable to me. I’m out on this one.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Mine doesn't mention AmEx anywhere. I'm SPL Plat50 and newly minted LTP (as well as Marriott PP and LTP). I have some (expensive) AmEx cards, but not the SPG version.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:20 am

The sticker outside the packaging and the enclosed card had the (SPG) Amex logo on them. Sounds like my packaging indicating SPG Amex wasn’t consistent with everyone else’s, though.

Of course, I really couldn’t care less, to be honest. Everyone swooning over or complaining about this gift pouch is pretty laughable to me. I’m out on this one.
I can confirm mine had no Amex branding at all on packaging or elsewhere!

I fail to see what is laughable about people giving comment about something and sharing an opinion! Fair enough if you do not see the point but no need to belittle others wishing to share opinions!
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:44 pm

As a data point - 4 of us - 3 Plat 100s (1 LTP), and 1 Plat 25 - all with mailing addresses outside the USA - didn't get anything
Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Haven't had the amex for years, but did get one (no amex anything on mine). I actually kind of like it - guess I'm in the minority,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.