Interior Lining Material: Rawhide/Suede-like material
Length at base: 8 inches
Length between widest points: 10 inches
Height: 6.5 inches
Width at base: 2 inches
Made in China

Thank You Card
Dear Member,

You really know how to live the SPG Life.

To celebrate an incredible year of your travels, please enjoy this exclusive gift to help keep your most important things together as you travel. It's just one way of saying thanks for choosing our hotels and resorts - you deserve it. You're an important part of SPG, and we look forward to being a part of your travels in the future.

Happy holidays, and here's to many more adventures in the New Year.

- Your friends at SPG
The originating sender address shows as
7200 93rd Ave North, Unit 140
Minneapolis, MN 55445

Is this targeted? To whom?
Anecdotal accounts in this thread show that majority of recipients are LTP, but not all LTP have received it at this point.
Reports here indicate the package/gift is not confined to USA.

Also, some members, such as schley, reported receiving a different package as described below:

Originally Posted by schley
I got a nice package with 3 different jars of spreads. Honey, and 2 jams I believe. It came with a nice handwritten card thanking me for my loyalty and that this year I should hit my 10th year and become lifetime platinum. Very nice gesture and much appreciated.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29252939-post40.html
Print Wikipost

Holiday Gift Pouch from SPG

Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Holiday Gift Pouch from SPG

I Just received an unexpected holiday gift from SPG. It is a nice Grey leather SPG embossed platinum color accessory bag. What a nice touch and thoughtful gift. First gift I received like this since I achieved Lifetime Platinum and received the packet.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by G37driver
I Just received an unexpected holiday gift from SPG. It is a nice Grey leather SPG embossed platinum color accessory bag. What a nice touch and thoughtful gift. First gift I received like this since I achieved Lifetime Platinum and received the packet.
My father (lifetime Platinum) got the same in the mail today - seemed a little bulky for an accessory bag (he is currently using an old Delta One Tumi amenity kit for this purpose).

No idea if I have one waiting for me in ATL (only a 3 year Platinum myself).
Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
very nice....i received a note in the post not too long ago informing me that a package from spg was on the way....not sure if that was a reference to a gift or my lifetime platinum kit that i should be receiving soon....
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I had this delivered today too, assumed it was a wash bag.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by G37driver
I Just received an unexpected holiday gift from SPG. It is a nice Grey leather SPG embossed platinum color accessory bag.
Mine looks like grey vinyl...
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ehe123
Mine looks like grey vinyl...
Made from the hide of a genuine nauga.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:17 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Receive mine today. A nice touch from SPG.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
very nice....i received a note in the post not too long ago informing me that a package from spg was on the way....not sure if that was a reference to a gift or my lifetime platinum kit that i should be receiving soon....
a package was delivered from spg to my address yesterday....i'm assuming its the gift pouch....will find out when i get back home in another 10 days....
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:26 am

Nice touch. Thanks SPG! This was the first gift that I received from SPG since becoming Life Plat.
I hope that Marwood-induced changes doesn't mean this will be a farewell gift.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 1:17 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Got mine today. The packaging was nice. The actual product is extremely cheap and looks that way. Honestly, it was a huge letdown after seeing the packaging. I would estimate SPG spent about fifty cents on the bag and $10.00 on the box and freight.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Just came home from the holiday weekend, and this was with my mail. I always love getting the surprise gifts from SPG. I think before, maybe last year?, it was a box of Vosges chocolates. So being that it's super chilly in Mpls, I was happy that it wasn't any food this time. (Not sure when I actually received this.) It was sent via USPS and unlike others, I did not receive a notification that this would be arriving.
I am Lifetime Platinum too, so perhaps that is why I received.
I do think the exterior is grey vinyl, but perhaps the inside is an actual leather. Not sure what I'll use it for just yet, but I still appreciate SPG sending something out.

Oh, and BTW the address this was shipped from is in Mpls too. Interesting...
Old Dec 25, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by GB
Got mine today. The packaging was nice. The actual product is extremely cheap and looks that way. Honestly, it was a huge letdown after seeing the packaging. I would estimate SPG spent about fifty cents on the bag and $10.00 on the box and freight.
I wish I could say I loved the gift and appreciate what they sent, but when I think of the 160 plus nights this year in mainly Cat 6 & 7 hotels and spending tens of thousands in SPG properties I am afraid all I can say is it the actual gift is cheap! The way it was packaged was lovely but compared to what they used to do this is really cheap! I remember the days or the personalized photo album! There have also been some great Ambassador gifts over the years, wheras I get maybe a dozen or more of higher quality bags like this from flights this year!

Sometimes it is better to do nothing at all than do something cheaply! Sorry SPG but this is one of those occasions! Do it right or don't do it at all!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
Got this the other day as well. Nice touch. Unlike the others, I don't care that it looks/feels cheap. I'll take a nice gesture over no gesture all day long.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I got nothin'.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Sometimes it is better to do nothing at all than do something cheaply! Sorry SPG but this is one of those occasions! Do it right or don't do it at all!
Note to self: Remove UKTraveller4Fun from gift list. It's not the thought that counts, it's the cost.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.