Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

"We ran out of breakfast coupons" Is that really a thing ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier

Checked into the Westin Southfield Detroit today when I asked about Breakfast coupons the girl at the front desk said "We ran out of those" - the other girl said she had some so I got them, but I did not know that was a thing. They can just tell you they ran out of coupons and not give you your breakfast perk for PLTs ?

FYI - the front desk and restaurants are under renovation, something I was unaware of till I got here.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:54 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
No they can't you would just tell the breakfast people and/or get manager involved
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
They certainly may run out of the coupons, but they will always have scraps of paper where they can write "Breakfast Coupon" and then send a note to the breakfast location that management screwed up again and ran out of coupons so accept these. Human ingenuity can rise to the occasion.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Easy options are for the manager to straighten it out with the restaurant so that the restaurant has the names and room #'s of people who are to be comped OR to simply have the customer charge the breakfast to his room and then make a note on the folio for the FD to credit the breakfast charge.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I've had this happen, though I forget where. FDC just said to give the restaurant my room number.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If I couldn't actually stop by on my way out, I'd at least call down to the front desk to remind them that I had breakfast as a benefit so that they can either take it off the bill, or work with the restaurant to see that the charges never go on a bill.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:30 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
If I couldn't actually stop by on my way out, I'd at least call down to the front desk to remind them that I had breakfast as a benefit so that they can either take it off the bill, or work with the restaurant to see that the charges never go on a bill.
I was at the W Union Square this summer and they ran out and said don't worry we will send them up. We got in late and they weren't there but we had already ordered two continental breakfasts. When the food came the bill was $126 and change and it was hard for me to eat it before I got dressed and went downstairs and straightened it out.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Sounds like the FDC was in training to be a CSR. Find any excuse to say no regardless being valid to not. The benefit is a free breakfast, not a coupon for a free breakfast. How it gets done is of no concern. Although I would not be thrilled to have my name and room number on a list they may not be used to protecting in some fashion, it's an acceptable alternative.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Had that happen to me once at some hotel in Japan for the buffet breakfast.. can't remember which one... They apologized like a million times, told me it wasn't possible to have breakfast there without a coupon and finally sent me to the Japanese restaurant and comped me a free breakfast there... Japanese bureaucracy at it's finest..
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:25 pm

happened to me so they printed a bunch up on paper (just saying untitled to free breakfast - not an exact match of the traditional ones) and they must have told the restaurant what they were doing because I had no issues with them accepting the ones they gave me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.