Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

booked 2 rooms but only allowed to check into 1....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

booked 2 rooms but only allowed to check into 1....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keyser
another update....got the 2k goodwill gesture points this evening....
I would have wanted more
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Aventine
I would have wanted more
didn't ask for it & didn't want it....i told them i was not looking for any compensation, just an explanation....
Aventine likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

could also talk to ITC corporate

ITC Hotels is India's second largest hotel chain with over 100 hotels. Based in the Hotels Division Headquarters at the ITC Green Centre in Gurgaon, New Delhi, ITC Hotels is also the exclusive franchisee of The Luxury Collection brand of Starwood Hotels and Resorts in India. It is part of the ITC Limited
itchotels.in
itcportal.com

owned - rajputana, mughal, gardenia, windsor, grand chola, sonar, maratha, maurya, grand central

hotels under operating services - kakatiya

licensed - grand bharat

Operating under The Luxury Collection brand under Licence from Starwood

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 19, 2017 at 10:08 am
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Let's see what the SPG investigation turns up. I'd have SPG make note that the 2k wasn't asked for and wasn't agreed to, in case they try to use that to try to sweep the matter under the rug.

If you were insulted by the 2k, feel free to note that as well.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
could also talk to ITC corporate

itchotels.in
itcportal.com

owned - rajputana, mughal, gardenia, windsor, grand chola, sonar, maratha, maurya, grand central

hotels under operating services - kakatiya

licensed - grand bharat
just checked out of another itc property this morning....when checking in yesterday i asked them if i could book another room as a solo traveler, in case i wanted to use that room for a conference....i wanted to check if this was an itc policy....the front desk agent said he would have to confirm with a manager & called to find out....a quick conversation later he told me it wouldn't be a problem & i could book the second room if i wanted....

so its definitely not an itc policy & if this property is allowing it then it doesn't seem like its a government policy either....
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

presumably the second property was also owned by ITC (not kakatiya / bharat) ?

if so i imagine it is management (or training) at rajputana, ITC corp may clarify
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
presumably the second property was also owned by ITC (not kakatiya / bharat) ?

if so i imagine it is management (or training) at rajputana, ITC corp may clarify
it was owned by itc....it was the itc grand central in mumbai....

also, i've checked into a bunch of hotels in india since that day & i've asked at a couple of places if i could book another room when traveling solo....i've gotten a few puzzled looks but they have confirmed that i can do so & its not a government policy....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.