Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: josephstern
https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemberexclusive/

(revised link above)

These terms are from ONE version of the promo. They have been updated at least once since, in August of 2017.

Terms and Conditions

Eligible member must register between January 30, 2017, and April 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Registration Period”). Member can earn 3,000 bonus Starpoints® after the third (3rd) eligible paid stay, 3,000 bonus Starpoints after the sixth (6th) eligible paid stay, and 3,000 bonus Starpoints after the ninth (9th) eligible paid stay. As part of this promotion, member may earn a maximum of 9,000 total bonus Starpoints for nine eligible stays from February 15, 2017, through May 15, 2017 (the "Promotion Period"). This promotion is not transferable. Bookings made prior to the Promotion Period are eligible, but only eligible stays consumed during the Promotion Period will earn a bonus.

An eligible stay is a stay with at least one (1) eligible paid night at any of the over 1,300 hotels and resorts in the SPG® program, paying an eligible paid rate during the Promotion Period. An eligible rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program. Free Night Awards and Cash & Points Award nights are not eligible toward promotional Starpoints earnings. Hotels and resorts in the SPG program can be found at spg.com/terms under section 1.2. A description of eligible stays and eligible rates can be found at spg.com/terms under section 2.1. Please note that certain prepaid rooms where the booking is made through a third party (including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com and booking.com) are not eligible rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify toward promotional earnings.

Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account within 2–4 weeks of the stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account following each third eligible stay.

A "Stay" is a stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same SPG Participating Hotel by an SPG Member who: (A) provides his/her SPG Member number at the time of reservation or at check-in; (B) pays an Eligible Rate or redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for the stay; and (C) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If an SPG Member checks out of a guest room and then checks back in to a guest room at the same SPG Participating Hotel on the same day, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating Stays. An SPG Member may only earn Starpoints, Eligible Nights and Eligible Stays for up to three guest rooms during any Stay if he/she stays in one of the reserved guest rooms and pays an Eligible Rate or redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for all of the guest rooms.

This promotion is nontransferable and void for Marriott International, Inc., employees. This promotion may be combined with other Starpoints promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other.

All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest® program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on spg.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Void where prohibited by law.
Print Wikipost

SPG select members exclusive promotions 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:14 am

...? nothing as always, so sick of those.
I get quite a few stays and that would work.
I think this one is just one too many for me...
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this specific promotion.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
2000 every 2 stays for a maximum of 6000 after 6.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:29 am

Lurkers are avoiding the subject, keeps coming back
every 3 months... Why not to explain the reason
behind the selections and offers? Man up and answer.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
I got the double elite credits offer... Plat 25 last year.

Probably a long shot, but I wonder if the double elite credit applies to the Double Take promo - ie. does 20 nights for 10,000 points essentially become 10 nights...?

#wishfulthinking
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Lurkers are avoiding the subject, keeps coming back
every 3 months... Why not to explain the reason
behind the selections and offers? Man up and answer.
It's not complicated - this is consumer behavior testing at it's finest

Group A gets offers, Group B doesn't
Analyze behavior of those who get offers vs. those who don't over the 3 month span
Within Group A, analyze behavior by offer itself, to see what drives marginal stays / revenue, and apply to future promos

So it stinks to not get an offer, but it's not like SPG is individually picking out specific members to "punish" by not getting an offer
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Nothing here either.

Any bets on how soon before someone posts "I got XXX points posted to my account. Anyone know what this is for?"
Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
^
I'm not betting against you on that one.

BTW: I got the 2000 every 2 stays for a maximum of 6000 after 6 offer.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:32 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
So it stinks to not get an offer, but it's not like SPG is individually picking out specific members to "punish" by not getting an offer
correct it is rewarding enticing(?) behaviour from consumers like me (210 lifetime nights, gold for at least 5+ years, plat for 3) who have made less than 10 stays and less than 10 nights last year (more use of air bnb, plus more use of long stay apartments, plus giving marriott a whirl as i got gold status thru united). and a lot of these non starwood stays under my spg amex so i'm certain they're targeting me. it seems like if i did make status for this year my offer would be bonus points per stays or even not eligible.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by ddjen11
I wrote back saying I've a hard time believing a typical plat averages 75 nights, which in turn leads to better offer. Am I crap here?
​​​​​
Since a vast majority of PLT's stay at least 50 nights (I suspect the hotel-hopping, 25 stay contingent is quite small), and there are incentives at 75, and quite a few of us over 100, I don't find an average of 75, within the limited population of PLT members, to be out of line.

I can't comment as to whether you are crap.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
My browser is showing the link as broken...

EDIT: I deleted the 20 and it worked. Don't know whether I received the email. Only got the point bonus, not the stay bonus.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Nothing.. 3 years in a row, thanks SPG!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:21 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Nada. Zip. Zilch.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Nada Pinacolada...
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat50
Nothing. P50. LTG. 19 days/ 3 stays ytd with 8 days/ 2 stays more booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.