Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple Room Credits

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 4:35 pm

Still no definitive answer on this? I plan on booking 3 rooms in the hopes for 3 STAY credits for a one night stay. Any confirmed experiences with this?
Old May 22, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Still no definitive answer on this? I plan on booking 3 rooms in the hopes for 3 STAY credits for a one night stay. Any confirmed experiences with this?
This has worked for me. I am not confident this will continue past July, but do expect it to stay in play until then. Lots of wholes open on what will happen in August. Keep reading for new information.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by escape4
You are correct, I think your beef is not that Marriott won't count 2 nights/stays when you book 2 rooms, because actually Hilton does not either. The issue is that you cannot qualify based on spend only with Marriott but you can with Hilton. Only counting one night/stay for 2 rooms is quite standard - Starwood was the exception and was quite generous and now the benefit is gone.

I think the optimal strategy is to qualify at Marriott with lots of cheap nights, qualify at Hyatt with very few but expensive nights, and qualify at Hilton with the credit card.
This is the one real disappointment for me in the to-be-merged programs. It was the competitive advantage that swayed me into SPG and gave incentive to stay at Starwood properties for family vacations (needing 2-3 rooms), and when traveling with non-points collecting staff.
Old May 23, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite
Same disappointment for me in the new program. With the family I usually need 2 rooms traveling for some 40-50 nights each year.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by somedude3210
This is the one real disappointment for me in the to-be-merged programs. It was the competitive advantage that swayed me into SPG and gave incentive to stay at Starwood properties for family vacations (needing 2-3 rooms), and when traveling with non-points collecting staff.
same case here
Its an obvious loss, but for me, I will still be able to reach PLT 50 without multiple room credit
Will be around 60-70 nights or so .... unfortunately, I dont have the luxury of 15 CC nights credit since I'm not US resident.
So either do cheap mattress run to 75 or move the nights over 50 nights to different chain
Depends on the projected nights of that year ....
Old May 23, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M Senator
This was also the main reason for me to choose SPG. Given it incetivizes ppl to stay at their properties and it's not costing them something really, I don't understand this. Especially if they give out night credits in the US for free. Even if I don't reach 100 nights I am spending well above their 20k limit. I was very happy with the old program and made all my family and friends stay at SPG hotels as well. Probably the incentive is now much smaller.. Would be great if they would reconsider this the way they did with the Lifetime Plats...
Old May 23, 2018, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kaizen7
same case here
Its an obvious loss, but for me, I will still be able to reach PLT 50 without multiple room credit
Will be around 60-70 nights or so .... unfortunately, I dont have the luxury of 15 CC nights credit since I'm not US resident.
So either do cheap mattress run to 75 or move the nights over 50 nights to different chain
Depends on the projected nights of that year ....
What do you see as the remaining advantages of SPG Plat75 over Plat50 to justify a MR?
Old May 23, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What do you see as the remaining advantages of SPG Plat75 over Plat50 to justify a MR?
I believe you mean New program PLT 50 vs PLTP 75 ?

At this stage ... none ..... PLTP 75 benefit that was confirmed ... point and 48 hrs benefit is no use for me.
And 5 extra SNA .... while its useful, and provide meaningful return, its only worth doing MR if my night count is very close (<5) to 75

In the future, will need to see what other gift option available for PLTP 75 and also whether FTers idea of PLTP have higher priority in upgrades etc is proven.

But even on the best case, I doubt I will do MR for more than 5 nights. (could do some staycation once in a while )
Old May 23, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I believe you mean New program PLT 50 vs PLTP 75 ?

At this stage ... none ..... PLTP 75 benefit that was confirmed ... point and 48 hrs benefit is no use for me.
And 5 extra SNA .... while its useful, and provide meaningful return, its only worth doing MR if my night count is very close (<5) to 75

In the future, will need to see what other gift option available for PLTP 75 and also whether FTers idea of PLTP have higher priority in upgrades etc is proven.

But even on the best case, I doubt I will do MR for more than 5 nights. (could do some staycation once in a while )
Whether we call it SPG Plat75 or new combined program Elite75 (aka PP), Your24 is going away in August and people have always disagreed about whether it matters for upgrades. In terms of the number of SNAs, that seems to depend very much on the timing of when nights post.
Old May 23, 2018, 10:52 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Three rooms = one stay credit

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...language=en_US

Section 2.1B, specifically.
Actually, 2.1B seems to provide that you get three stay credits:
Originally Posted by SPG Terms and Conditions
An SPG Member may only earn Starpoints, Eligible Nights and Eligible Stays for up to three guest rooms during any Stay if he/she stays in one of the reserved guest rooms and pays an Eligible Rate or redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for all of the guest rooms.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Hoc
Actually, 2.1B seems to provide that you get three stay credits:
That says you get the points for the spend but not the night/stay credit.
Old May 23, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
That says you get the points for the spend but not the night/stay credit.
You do get the triple night credits and triple stay credit at SPG hotels only, for the SPG program, until August. After August, at any Starriott you can earn points on up to three rooms, but you only earn night (and presumably stay, if you're still trying to earn legacy SLP PlatMinus) credit on one room, namely the room you occupy and pay for.
Old May 23, 2018, 3:00 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
unfortunately, I dont have the luxury of 15 CC nights credit since I'm not US resident.
To be precise it's not only U.S. There are SPG credit cards in Canada, UK, Japan, and UAE. I am assuming you are not in any of those countries either, so unfortunately probably not any more helpful.
Old May 23, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
This has worked for me. I am not confident this will continue past July, but do expect it to stay in play until then. Lots of wholes open on what will happen in August. Keep reading for new information.
It's been confirmed that this will no longer occur from August 1st. However, with the caveat of YMMV. as some properties may post differently. However, I officially > August 1 any SPG or Marriott property will get points for up to three rooms but night credits for only one room.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by escape4
To be precise it's not only U.S. There are SPG credit cards in Canada, UK, Japan, and UAE. I am assuming you are not in any of those countries either, so unfortunately probably not any more helpful.
I'm in Canada and have the SPG Amex, but we don't get night credits for having the card. Who knows what the new version of the card will look like by August though. I'm expecting a devaluation in the points earning; free elite nights might convince me to keep the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.