Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Try your luck on this promo [Targeted, via email / dashboard]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Targeted promotion. Register at: https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemberexclusive/

For stays from 15 August to 15 November after registration. Must register by 15 October 11:59pm Eastern Time. Not retroactive for stays before registration.

Double Elite Qualifying Nights/Stays T&C
  • Free award nights and cash & points nights are not eligible.
  • Eligible nights based on actual date.
  • Eligible stay based on check-in date, not check-out. (i.e., Stays started before 15 August but check-out after 15 August are not eligible)
  • Bonus elite qualifying nights do not count toward lifetime status nights
  • If the member qualified for elite status solely on the bonus stays/nights and did not rack up sufficient "real" stays/nights, then the elite status does not count toward the lifetime count.

https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemb...C_PART_SCD_ENG
Print Wikipost

Try your luck on this promo [Targeted, via email / dashboard]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Interesting - mine is 2nd stay 2K, 4th stay another 2K, 6th stay another 2K for total 6K bonus points. I guess they can tell who the frequent weekly road warriors are (most of you probably) and who are the "leisure elites" like us
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I usually am on the good end of these promos (last one got the free cat 1-5 night for every 2 stays), but on this one, got every 2 stays (max of 6 stays) get 2,000 extra spg points.

Nice, but I'm already requalified for Plat50 and am 10 stays away from renewing Hyatt Diamond... so this wont be persuading me to book SPG when there's a Hyatt in the same city for my future work travels
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
I got double elite credits, which is the same I promo I received during the last round a few months back
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:51 pm

2k after 2nd stay, 2k after 4th stay, 2k after 6th stay. Only paid rates; award nights and C&P do not count.

I guess a nice present of 6k starpoints, but won't impact my booking habits.

Last edited by okrogius; Aug 10, 2016 at 1:57 pm
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Interesting - mine is 2nd stay 2K, 4th stay another 2K, 6th stay another 2K for total 6K bonus points. I guess they can tell who the frequent weekly road warriors are (most of you probably) and who are the "leisure elites" like us
It would be intresting to see what they base these on... After being exluded from most of these promos I stayed over at IHG making SPIRE and Hilton. I figured maybe my absence would get me targetted but I was wrong so I will make Plat with 25 stays but thats it.

It is good to see that they arent just targetting infrequenent members but 100+ nighters too, but at the same time sucks to be on the no promo night. Luckily these are first world problems
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, AA EXP, Hertz Prez Circle
I got the double stays/nights offer, which I'm surprised about given that I'm already at 61 nights for the year. Makes me doubt the quality of the algorithm that Starwood uses for this. The irony is that the offer they gave me will make me hit SPG75 faster and make me consider shifting future stays to other programs.

Has anyone ever had luck switching to a different offer? I remember that Marriott used to allow Platinum members to make once switch per promotion.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
I got the offer but when I clicked on the link it is broken......hmm
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:59 pm

I got the double stays/nights offer, but not sure how it helps me because I'm already at 120+ nights this year. I know this is a "good" problem to have but I get no benefit from double nights at this point.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: SPG, Asia Miles, Skypass
3,6,9 Stay with 3,3,3K
hmmmm
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:06 pm

Looks like the spgpromos.com site is hammered. Fails to load up anything at the moment. FT effect?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I received an email that didn't say what my promo was, but both the Dashboard and the email link seem to overloaded and not working. Earlier today I had nothing on my Dashboard except the expired promos.

Edit: 6/6/6 for a total of 18K. I do normally do one-night stays, but 18 stays over a few months is rather over-ambitious?!?!?

Last edited by craigthemif; Aug 10, 2016 at 3:24 pm
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic
Got the e-mail (titled "Members Only: Stays Count Double. Register Now.") at 3:50pm ET and immediately clicked through on desktop and iPhone and nada. Looks like site is still down. If it's the offer the subject line says it is, I'll be extremely happy as I'm only at 13 stays for the year and have a bunch of stays/nights coming up in the next few months. Would ensure I'm back on the island for another year!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
2nd, 4th and 6th stay earn 2k each. The site is crawling. Thanks OP! The dashboard hasn't managed to attract repeat visits from me, so I appreciate the heads up.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
What is this dashboard people are talking about? Can't seem to find it.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: Leisure Traveler: Delta DM, Starwood PM50, Global Entry, NEXUS, CLEAR
Received the 2k/2k/2k on 2/4/6 stays. Of course I cannot actually register because the site is slammed.

Wife, who is Gold and at 2 stays with her SPG AMEX got:

ELITE STATUS — ON THE DOUBLE.

We want to ensure that you keep enjoying elite benefits, including Free Night Awards, Award Flights, late checkouts, welcome gifts and more. So we’re bringing you a special offer to help you renew your SPG® elite status twice as fast.

It’s simple: Register by October 15, 2016, and you’ll earn double elite-qualifying credit on all your stays between August 15, 2016, and November 15, 2016 — with no earning limits. For example, if you have five eligible stays and 10 eligible nights during the promotion, SPG will credit you 10 stays and 20 nights toward elite status. Please note: Earning on nights/stays completed before registration is not available with this offer. Registration ends on October 15, 2016.

Get on the fast track to retaining your elite status by booking stays at any of our more than 1,300 SPG-participating hotels and resorts across 11 distinctive brands worldwide — including St. Regis®, W® and Westin®.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.