Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

So... what's the point of the Design Hotels partnership?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So... what's the point of the Design Hotels partnership?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Read about the weird Brg terms for design hotels but wanted to give it a try to see if they are true as they state. Got my reply now and damn.. It's even worse than Hyatt's terms haha. Jesus spg.. Get rid of Design Hotels fast. If they don't want to join and become a member of the full spg club then I say get rid of them. Either get the full cake or nothing. Not half.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:36 am

Or... just deal with it like everyone else and ignore the DH options on the results list if they don't suit your requirements.

The world is full of half cakes.
Statman likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards Gold, Club Carlson, Starwood Gold, AAdvantage
We just stayed at the Cosmo Hotel in Berlin on points. I'm Gold and got upgraded from a Standard Room to Comfort Room and received 2 free drink vouchers for the bar. It was more than I was expecting with my status and the fact that it is a Design Hotel.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by onlysilver
We just stayed at the Cosmo Hotel in Berlin on points. I'm Gold and got upgraded from a Standard Room to Comfort Room and received 2 free drink vouchers for the bar. It was more than I was expecting with my status and the fact that it is a Design Hotel.
Yeah, I'll take "some" status recognition over no recognition any day. But the BRG inability to initially book a refundable room is really unfair, IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.