Search

Member Insights Survey

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Member Insights Survey

Just noticed this on my Dashboard, and was going to ignore it as I usually don't do surveys unless I'm getting some kind of remuneration, but sure glad I clicked on it.

First question:

Which advantage of SPG and Marriott RewardsŪ account linking do you find most valuable?

Elite Status Match

Points Transfer

More destinations

Other
There are 5 questions and I want to take my time to answer carefully so I will do this tomorrow. I encourage everyone to let Marriott know what we value about SPG!
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thanks. I just used your link to look at my dashboard and I have the survey too.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Where is the option "Nothing"?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by remymartin
state that in the 'other' category....
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by remymartin
Prepare to be ignored. What's done is done
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by clublounger
Prepare to be ignored. What's done is done
Do you have information you would like to share from reliable sources, or are you just offering cynicism?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Have your say .....

Q1 : Which advantage of SPG and Marriott RewardsŪ account linking do you find most valuable?
Elite Status Match
Points Transfer
More destinations
Other < with free text >

Q2 : What benefit would you like to see in a new loyalty program?
< free text answer >

Q3 : What are you saving your StarpointsŪ for?
Free night
Room upgrade
SPG MomentsSM experience
Other < with free text >

Q4 : What is most important to you when selecting a new credit card?
Low interest rate
Prestige
Wide range of redemption options
Other < with free text >

Q5 : Why haven’t you redeemed Starpoints for a Moments experience?
The experiences haven't captured my interest
I don't have enough Starpoints
I would rather use my Starpoints on other redemption opportunities
Other < with free text >

Q5 seems a bit odd, particularly when the account holder has actually redeemed for a Moments experience.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Similarly, Q1 seems odd when I deliberately haven't linked my accounts yet.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Similarly, Q1 seems odd when I deliberately haven't linked my accounts yet.
Interesting. My Q1 is different:

(1 of 5)

Why haven’t you linked your SPG and Marriott RewardsŪ accounts?

I wasn’t aware I could link my accounts

I don’t understand the advantage of linking accounts

I don’t have a Marriott Rewards account

Other
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Do you have information you would like to share from reliable sources, or are you just offering cynicism?

It's textbook. When you protest the merger in a survey, which is what writing "nothing" is an attempt at, you will be ignored.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
My question 4 was different too. It asked what I like about the SPG credit card and then it listed a bunch of benefits that are not available to Canadian Amex holders, such as credit toward status or interest free foreign exchange. I would like those but I suspect they will not become an option.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Hopefully they will read survey ... abcd responses not particularly useful as I would never use Amex unless I earned points and no foreign transaction fees. Not an either or.

What I'd love to see is if we book a standard suite they upgrade to some select suites.

Right now I always book cheapest room in hopes of upgrade to standard suite unless I absolutely need a suite.

But I would book standard suites if there was a possibility of select suite upgrade (or maybe 3-5 a year etc if too costly for every stay). Sometimes I've been upgraded to these and now book them directly as situations warrant as I realize how nice they are
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:27 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I find it annoying when people discount that any survey may have no impact and/or assume they will be ignored. Marriott can only reach out to try and learn what is most important to Starwood members.

Perhaps your opinion isn't in the majority. You wouldn't be ignored then, but your opinion wouldn't have the most weight. There is a difference.

Nothing is "done" as of yet as far as anyone knows. Pessimism, on the other hand...
Fizzer and happygolucky_nomad like this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I just completed the survey. Saw it on my dashboard and came back to FT to post about it, then saw this thread. If Marriott really wanted our opinions they'd make it more prominent or email us about it - having people "luck out" and find it on the spg promo site likely results in low response rates.

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Have your say .....

Q5 seems a bit odd, particularly when the account holder has actually redeemed for a Moments experience.
Agreed. I have redeemed in the past and also received that question, although it has been a while. Personally I've found the options quite limited in the past few years. When I used to redeem it was for concerts, especially abroad. Lack of choice these days imo. Hopefully they fix
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I find it annoying when people discount that any survey may have no impact and/or assume they will be ignored. Marriott can only reach out to try and learn what is most important to Starwood members.

Perhaps your opinion isn't in the majority. You wouldn't be ignored then, but your opinion wouldn't have the most weight. There is a difference.

Nothing is "done" as of yet as far as anyone knows. Pessimism, on the other hand...
Did you forget to quote me, or you're just being passive-aggressive? That's annoying.

The merger IS done.

Answering "nothing" to the question on the survey that is listed in the OP, I repeat, is an act of defiance regarding the merger. That response will, in fact, have "no impact".

Surveys can be powerful tools. For both those being surveyed and those doing the surveying. I've never stated otherwise, mainly because this fact is completely irrelevant to this thread. Ah, off-topic discussions - annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.