Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, FL [Master Thread] : Left Starwood 30 Oct 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE : Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, FL [Master Thread] : Left Starwood 30 Oct 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
agreed

After giving it thought. I think they handled it well. I agree.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by JBauer
After giving it thought. I think they handled it well. I agree.
If you are looking for an upgrade, you can always look at other properties in the area. The W Ft. Lauderdale is not too far, it's right in Ft. Lauderdale whereas the Westin Diplomat is in Hallandale Beach. From my experience the Westin is always close to being completely full, it's just a nice resort and is a favorite among families. The W is a bit different and is a very nice hotel and your chances for an upgrade are probably better over there, if you are looking for one anyways.

I've stayed at both, I like the W rooms "slightly" better, but I think overall though the Westin inches ahead by a very very small margin.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 5:50 am

I feel this kind of notice is an excellent proactive customer communication that symbolizes why the Dip is one of the classiest *wood properties in the network. I have stayed there in December, and can attest it can be very busy indeed.

Cheers,
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
We finally were able to visit this property this week at the end of a cruise - we planned an extra day in FLL before going home and I got the Diplomat on Priceline for $79 several months ago.

I'd love to give a review - but the last night of our cruise Mrs bj2757 got sick so I had to cancel our our plans for FLL and she spent the entire day in (a very nice) bed....

I did want to thank the folks at the Diplomat for understanding when I called at 10am asking if there was any possibility we could check in then so my wife could go to bed - and after talking to a few people they made it happen.

We wound up at the Golf Course in a very nice room - I was impressed considering I know most people prefer to stay at the main site. Unfortunately the only thing I got to see (other than the room) was the golf course when I went down to grab a $15 hamburger at the lounge/restaurant. I sat out on the patio overlooking the course and it was impressive! The waitress was kind enough to get me some 7UP and ice, and a small basket of different crackers she thought my wife might be able to eat - no charge.

So thanks to the Diplomat - I hope some day we can go back and really enjoy it!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Has anyone stayed here more than once? We seriously loved this hotel (so many things about it), that we are thinking of booking it again for another stay. But we are afraid of being disappointed, that it won't be as great the second time around.

Experiences?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:41 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Has anyone stayed here more than once? We seriously loved this hotel (so many things about it), that we are thinking of booking it again for another stay. But we are afraid of being disappointed, that it won't be as great the second time around.

Experiences?
So with that logic, you'd have no quibble with staying again at a place that disappointed you the first time because it could only get better?

insert joke about my first marriage [here]
Old Nov 2, 2011, 6:53 am

I understand what you mean. having been upgraded twice this year (including an 11 day stay)at the diplomat and been updgraded to suites i feel I am spoiled and would be disappointed in a regular room which I'm sure are lovely, but i am a night shift worker and even on vacation don't sleep well at night so having a suite makes all the difference in the quality of vacation. So I totally get that you might be disappointed next time but it is a beautiful propery nonethelss. I'm not familiar with the W or their upgrade of platinums but i might consider it although it is a little modern for my tastes

But STYLOr4444 makes some good points about the W. Are the suite are luxurious there and what makes you think that there is a better chance for a platinum to be upgraded?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 1:31 pm
Company Representative - Westin Diplomat Hollywood, FL

Greetings from Te Westin Diplomat and DiplomaticErick

Hello,

My name is Erick Molinero and I'm happy to say that I'll me be taking over DiplomaticAmy's role as the main point of contact for the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in this thread.

Amy has moved on in to a new role within Starwood and has asked me to take over on FlyerTalk. I've been fortunate enough to have trained under Amy and have had some contact with a few guests on this thread already. I hope to continue to help whenever possible and I look forward to hearing from both new and old guest of the Diplomat.

Have a fantastic day!

Sincerely,
DiplomaticErick
Old Nov 14, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat , AAdvantage Plat
Originally Posted by DiplomaticErick
Hello,
My name is Erick Molinero and I'm happy to say that I'll me be taking over DiplomaticAmy's role as the main point of contact for the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in this thread.
Welcome to Flyertalk ERIK and thanks in advance for your help.

Since a couple of weeks I'm sending some questions to your property to the email located in the website : [email protected] .
I sent the email 4 times , and up to now I have no answer. May I know if the email is ok ?
Do you have another email where I can have more luck ?
Thanks & Regards.

Carlos.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 2:45 pm

Hi Carlos,

The e-mail address is correct and I truly apologize that you haven't received a response yet. I'm going to have someone reach out to you today.

Once again I'm truly sorry.
Erick
Old Nov 14, 2011, 3:07 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Eujeanie

Experiences?
My second stay wasnt as good as my first. We were on an award stay, they were very full, and we got there early so had to wait several hours (by the pool so we really didn't suffer) for a suite to be ready. The suite we ended up in had no balcony, and had I known, I would have chosen a regular room WITH a balcony, as I had spent the several weeks before the trip looking forward to reading on said balcony while listening to the waves.

But there was a lot to love about that trip as well. We went in December so they were all decked out for Christmas, and everything else was just as lovely as the first time.

Now that I know about the sans-balcony rooms, I can do a better job trying to avoid one.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:29 pm

whoops, double post, sorry

Last edited by orknot2be; Nov 15, 2011 at 5:33 pm Reason: doublepost
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by DiplomaticErick
Hello,

Amy has moved on in to a new role within Starwood and has asked me to take over on FlyerTalk. I've been fortunate enough to have trained under Amy and have had some contact with a few guests on this thread already. I hope to continue to help whenever possible and I look forward to hearing from both new and old guest of the Diplomat.

Have a fantastic day!

Sincerely,
DiplomaticErick
Great to have you on board DiplomaticErick. The Diplomat is a fantastic property and it's wonderful to know we have someone to reach out to. I've come to love the property so much, it has replaced at least one cruise vacation a year. Of course it helps that I've been spoiled by your beautiful suites and great staff. Keep up the great work and we hope where ever Amy has gone you can relay the thanks and good wishes of many FT's who she has helped over time.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by orknot2be
Great to have you on board DiplomaticErick. The Diplomat is a fantastic property and it's wonderful to know we have someone to reach out to. I've come to love the property so much, it has replaced at least one cruise vacation a year. Of course it helps that I've been spoiled by your beautiful suites and great staff. Keep up the great work and we hope where ever Amy has gone you can relay the thanks and good wishes of many FT's who she has helped over time.
Thanks ornot2be, I appreciate the warm welcome. I'll be sure to relay your message to Amy.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Mother of all room upgrades!

My wife and I arrived at the Westin Diplomat around 3.00 pm this afternoon. We were told our room was still being cleaned and as I am a PLT member we were directed to the Executive Club on the 33 rd floor to wait. The deal was we were to be phoned on my cell when the room was ready.

The club is nicely furnished with a spectacular view. Nice place to hang out...

Still by 4.30 we had no phone and I headed down to the Front Desk to find out what was going on. The guy on the desk apologised and said our room had been ready for a while and we should have been called.

We were given a room on the 36 floor... I knew that was the top floor so thought it would probably be a nice room. Neither my wife nor I was really prepared for what we saw when we opened the double doors to what was obviously a suite. We walked into the entrance foyer to see an array of stained glass, sculptures, dining room for 6 on the left, grand piano, living room and library to the right!!! And on top of this a wall of floor to ceiling windows with ocean views!

This is truely beyond any suite I have ever seen. After my wife and I spect 10 minutes exploring we added up an approximate room count. Two bedrooms (at each end of the suite with one king bed and the other with two Queens I think) three bathrooms (one of them a bathroom suite with spearate show, separate toilet, jacuzi, etc etc), a kitchen, alibrary/business office, a living room, a dinning room, a long balcony with chairs... did I mention the grand piano.

There appear to be four of these rooms (2 at the top of both the north and south towers) on the 36th floor and probably 4 similar room on 35 and 34.
My wife and I were wondering how much they cost???

It seems, upon further research on the web that we have been put into one of two "Presidential Suites"... see decription below:

"For an unforgettable coastal holiday among the finer things, we present our two unique Presidential Suites. A large living area, two large bedrooms and two bathrooms on the penthouse floor of the resort comprise these oversize two-bedroom suites, with incredible ocean views from the private balcony and truly exquisite appointments. Among the superior features are a king-size canopy bed and a player piano."

Last edited by nonesuch flyer; Dec 1, 2011 at 7:14 pm Reason: added hotel room description from the web....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.