Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Free 500 Starwood Bonus Points on Registration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free 500 Starwood Bonus Points on Registration

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2004, 6:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
anyone else who was wronged should post as well
Old Jan 8, 2005, 6:07 pm
pgalore

Starwood..

The more I read, the more reasons I see to switch..

Old Jan 8, 2005, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by pgalore
The more I read, the more reasons I see to switch..
You're kidding, right? You would switch chains over a measly 500 Starpoints not being awarded for signing up as a "meeting planner?"

I doubt that the grass is really greener in any other program. They all have their pluses and minuses. I have a lot of experience as a Hilton HHonors member, and limited experience with some of the other hotel programs.

My own experience with Starwood (both the hotels and the rewards program) is overwhelmingly positive. That doesn't mean perfect; but my expectations of organizations run by human beings are realistic. @:-)

Sometimes I think FT is populated by perennial malcontents.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 7:36 pm
pgalore

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
You're kidding, right? You would switch chains over a measly 500 Starpoints not being awarded for signing up as a "meeting planner?"
If you read about what happened, it was more than just the 500 points, it was about hotel staff being rude to the person who had a legitimate question about the bonus.

500 points isn't very much, and that's the whole point.

Since I am able to get a very low rate with Starwood hotels I will probably continue to stay with them this year, but I will not throw as much business there way as I did this last year.

Old Jan 8, 2005, 8:56 pm

While I can see the point of not giving business to the specific hotel involved in this incident, I don't think this has much to do with Starwood in general.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.